- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Samyang AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony E
The Samyang AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony E full frame and crop cameras has been updated to be the smallest and lightest 50mm prime with this bright aperture, includes fast AF and excellent high resolution.
Earn 599 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Extremely bright aperture 50mm prime lens which is the smallest and lightest available at the time of launch
- High resolution detail right across the frame thanks to a new optical formula with special lens elements
- Fast and quiet AF from Samyang’s linear stepping motor ideal for both photos and video with excellent subject tracking
- Reduced focus breathing in the updated design provides smooth focus transitions when shooting movies
- Updated barrel design with a custom programmable switch, ergonomic rubber focus ring and effective weather sealing
Samyang AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony E Summary
In celebration of their 50th anniversary Samyang is busy releasing new lenses including this updated 2nd generation AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony E. It joins recently developed lenses like their first ever zoom – the AF 24-70mm f/2.8 FE, also for Sony E-mount full frame and crop sensor cameras.
The new AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II offers a host of updates to cater for faster focusing and higher resolution sensors found in Sony cameras since 2016 when the first iteration of this popular lens was released. Resolution has been improved with an updated optical design, AF is faster and quieter and there are also improvements for those who shoot video with reduced focus breathing.
- High resolution from edge to edge from several special lens elements
- Fast, quiet AF performance
- Smallest and lightest 50mm prime with a bright f/1.4 aperture
- Reduced focus breathing
- Custom switch for greater control
- 40cm minimum focus distance
- Weather sealed
With the combination of bright maximum f/1.4 aperture, fast AF and extremely compact design the AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II is an ideal choice for any number of subjects for professional and enthusiast photographers and videographers. These include portraits, street photography, travel, even city and landscapes as well as general day to day shooting or video.
Samyang AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony E in More Detail
Smallest and lightest large aperture 50mm prime lens
The AF 50mm F1.4 FE II is the smallest measuring 88.9mm in length and lightest – weighing just 420g among all large aperture standard 50mm focal length lenses compatible with full frame Sony FE.
Excellent resolution across the image
Optimum resolution for high resolution cameras is achieved through an advanced optical design which includes 11 lens elements arranged into 8 groups. Special lenses include 2 ASP, 3 HR and 1 ED element. Combined with Sony's full-frame image sensor this lens delivers superior sharpness and contrast in all areas of the image, satisfying even the most demanding users. The updated lens renders a 45.7º angle of view on full frame and 31.1º for APS-C sensors.
Fast and quiet AF performance
The AF operates quietly and smoothly when shooting video and tracks subjects accurately and quickly for photography thanks to Samyang's Linear STM (Stepping Motor). This presents an excellent option for both photographers and videographers, with quieter and more accurate control of the focusing lens groups.
Bright f/1.4 aperture for impressive background blur and bokeh
The AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II uses a large diameter 9-bladed aperture to provide smooth background blur, effectively separating the subject from the background, using a shallow depth of field and adding drama to the scene. In addition, the 9 diaphragm blades create smooth and natural bokeh with light splitting for pleasing bokeh effects.
Less focus breathing for video
The updated Samyang AF 50mm F1.4 FE II has minimised focus breathing so there is almost no change in the angle of view when focusing. This is effective when shooting movies with the subject moving forwards and backwards or focusing from front to back.
Custom lens barrel switch
Samyang has added a custom switch which can be set for adjustment of the aperture by rotating the focus ring. Using the optional Samyang Lens Station for Sony you can setup the mode to suit your own preference, with more functionality promised through future firmware updates.
Short minimum focal distance
The lens even more versatile and able to produce a unique perspective close to the subject with a minimum focus distance of just 40cm. This makes it easier to take dramatic close-up shots of anything from food to portraits and nature.
Weather Sealed design
The 50mm prime has a micro-patterned rubber focus ring which feels great to operate as well as weather sealing which helps to protect the lens from light rain, snow and dust.
What’s in the box
- Samyang AF 50mm f/1.4 FE Mark II Lens for Sony E
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
- Lens Pouch
- LEE Elements Var - an extremely high quality VND for video and photography
- Hoya Revo SMC 72mm Circular Polarising Filter - cut glare and reflections with this lens filter
- Hoya REVO SMC 72mm UV Filter - reduces the effects of ultraviolet light whilst protecting the front element
- B+W 72mm XS-Pro Clear MRC-Nano 007 Filter - protection only filter with clear glass that can be left of the lens
Samyang AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II Lens Specifications
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.40m|
|Diagonal Angle of View||45.7° (full-frame), 31.1° (APS-C)|
|Lens Construction||11 elements in 8 groups|
|Lens Type||Fast aperture, autofocus, standard focal length|
|Mount Type||Sony FE|
|No. Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Sensor Coverage||Full-Frame 36x24mm|
|Weight||420g (without lens cap or hood)|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Technology has advanced considerably since the 2016 release of the original version of this lens, which was Samyang’s first ever Autofocus model. This 2nd generation mark II AF 50mm f/1.4 FE II has been completely redesigned to embrace higher resolution sensors as well as faster Autofocus capabilities. To this end, the lens includes Samyang’s fast and quiet linear stepping motor which combines with renowned Sony focus algorithms to achieve fast subject acquisition along with great tracking for both stills and video. Resolving power is also improved, with several special optical elements rendering high resolution detail throughout the image. The exterior barrel features Samyang’s updated rubber ring design which provides comfortable ergonomic feedback and there’s now a custom switch as well as invaluable weather sealing.
Despite these improvements the lens remains extremely compact and lightweight, being the lightest and smallest in its class at the time of launch. It is also very cost effective, offering users an excellent third party alternative to the many 50mm primes available for Sony cameras. For users who want to play with depth of field and achieve fine focal planes or work in low light, this presents an excellent option without the weight penalty typically associated with wide aperture standard prime lenses of this quality.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.