- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Samyang AF 24-70mm f/2.8 FE Lens for Sony E
Samyang has released their first ever zoom in the AF 24-70mm f/2.8 FE Lens for Sony E, arriving with superb optics for both photography and videography, including a par-focal design with linear MF focusing.
Earn 698 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Samyang’s first ever autofocus zoom lens design arrives with innovative features for stills and video capture
- Excellent optical design with sharp, high resolution results on full frame Sony cameras
- Optimised for hybrid shooters with a par focal design, linear MF control and optimised video AF
- Bright constant aperture with a 9-bladed round design for excellent subject separation and smooth bokeh
- Well thought out ergonomics and strong useability with Custom mode switch and weather sealing
Samyang AF 24-70mm f/2.8 FE Lens for Sony E Summary
In celebration of their 50th anniversary in 2021 we are treated to the Samyang AF 24-70mm f/2.8 FE Lens for Sony E. This is the first ever zoom lens from Samyang, joining a growing number of high quality optics for full frame Sony cameras from this excellent third party manufacturer. Not only does this workhorse trinity lens offer a constant f/2.8 throughout the range, but sports a design optimised for both photography and videography in support of hybrid shooters.
Video-centric features include a par-focal design, stable cinematic video AF and linear focus control. Results are sharp and well controlled throughout the range through the inclusion of a series of special lens elements with 2 Aspherical, 1 Hybrid-Aspherical, 3 High Refractive and 3 Extra-Low Dispersion elements. AF is fast and quiet with Samyang's Linear STM (Stepping Motor) technology regardless of what you’re capturing with this versatile focal range.
- Samyang’s first ever zoom lens
- Optimised for photography and videography
- Par-focal design
- Linear MF focus control
- Linear Stepping Motor technology
- Bright constant f/2.8 aperture
- 9 aperture blades
- Custom mode switch
- Weather sealed
- Compatible with Samyang Lens Station for Sony
Samyang AF 24-70mm f/2.8 FE Lens for Sony E in More Detail
Bright F2.8 constant aperture
The Samyang AF 24-70mm f/2.8 zoom lens uses a large-diameter aperture with 9 diaphragm blades to provide smooth background blur and rounded bokeh effects. It effectively separates the subject from the background allowing users to play with a shallow depth of field to capture unique images of an ultra-wide angle with a compressed background.
Custom mode switch
The lens comes equipped with a Custom Mode Switch for intuitive and simple shooting. You can easily select various functions such as Aperture Control Mode or MF Mode from the Switch and enjoy customisation which suits your personal preference. Settings can be customised via the optional lens station with more functions added through future firmware updates.
Fast and quiet AF performance
With Samyang's Linear STM (Stepping Motor) photographers and videographers can achieve quiet and accurate subject acquisition and tracking. The STM motor controls larger and heavier focusing lens groups, which are used in this type of lens with impressive results.
Short minimum focal distance
Versatility is extended through a minimum focal distance of just 35cm, making it possible to produce a unique perspective close to your subject. The short focal distance also makes it easier to take images with exaggerated features, such as food on tables and interior shots in narrow spaces.
Weather Sealed design
Weather-sealing protects the lens from light rain, snow and dust so you can shoot even in poor conditions. A micro-patterned rubber focus ring also feels great to operate adding to the enjoyment of this first ever zoom from Samyang.
Features optimised for video
Par-Focal design: Focus is maintained on the subject even when zooming in and out. It is a feature optimised for video and normally seen on very expensive cine zoom lenses.
Cinematic Video AF: The AF speed is carefully controlled during video recording, resulting in reduced focus wobble for extremely stable video recordings.
Linear MF Focus Control: Linear focus provides convenience to video shooters by matching the torque of the focus ring as closely as possible to that of a manual focus lens when shooting video in manual mode.
Cine Kit: A Samyang ‘Cine Kit’ consisting of focus gearing, follow focus and tripod mount will be available separately. This will enable easier system exchange at the same time as lens change. In addition a mount kit and follow focus are included, enabling essential elements of video shooting at the same time.
What’s in the box
- Samyang AF 24-70mm f/2.8 FE Lens for Sony E
- Lens Caps
- Lens Hood
- Lens Pouch
- Tiffen 82mm Variable Neutral Density Filter - ideal for video capture with 2-8 stops light control
- Hoya 82mm Fusion One UV filter - protects the front element while reducing the effects of UV light
- Hoya 82mm Fusion One Circular Polariser - A great CPL option for controlling glare
Samyang AF 24-70mm f/2.8 FE Lens for Sony E Specifications
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.35m
- Diagonal Angle of View: Full Frame: 53º - 86º / APS-C: 36º - 62º
- Dimensions: 128.5mm
- Filter Size: 82mm
- Aperture range: f/2.8 - f/22
- No. Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Weight: 1096g
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Samyang had to come up with something truly unique for their first ever zoom, with a number of extremely high quality accomplished 24-70mm Sony E-mount lenses already available. And so they have with this AF 24-70mm f/2.8 FE, which is released during their 50th anniversary year in 2021. The workhorse zoom comes with features designed to appeal to hybrid shooters who enjoy making movies as well as shooting stills. These include a par-focal design which holds focus on the subject even when zooming in or out, AF which is optimised for reducing wobble during video capture and linear MF focus control for those who use manual focusing techniques.
Whilst the lens brings these benefits for videography, it also offers high resolving power with high quality results for those who enjoy making photographs. The optical design includes a number of special lens elements which achieve great results throughout the range and the rounded aperture design delivers smooth bokeh and pleasing out of focus areas. A close minimum focus distance adds to the versatility of Samyang’s offering along with a handy custom mode switch to streamline your particular workflow. Naturally there’s weather sealing included, making for an extremely compelling choice to anyone who wants a versatile standard zoom for both stills and video capture.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.