Samyang AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony
The updated Samyang AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony E full frame delivers fast, quiet AF with great tracking, amazing resolution and sharp details right across the frame from a compact weather sealed unit.
- Updated second gen lens design bringing fast, precise Autofocus in a versatile focal width for stills and video
- Superb resolving power renders sharp detail right across the frame even with high resolution sensors
- Fast, wide aperture perfect for shallow depth of field subjects with silky smooth background blur
- Excels in low light when shooting handheld, perfect to capture portraits, street photography and more
- Updated design with comprehensive weather sealing and lens barrel controls for custom settings
Samyang AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony Summary
Building on the strengths of the first generation is this updated Samyang AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony E mount full frame cameras. It has been improved to match faster readout speeds and higher resolution sensors, offering a classic 35mm prime focal width, together with wide f/1.4 aperture. This allows you to capture a shallow depth of field, isolating your subject, as well as demonstrating excellent proficiency when shooting in low light. This makes it perfect for a variety of subjects including street photography, portraits, documentary and of course as a walk around all-day lens.
The mark II AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II delivers amazing resolution with sharp details right across the entire frame, as well as tenacious Autofocus which is fast, quiet and offers great tracking performance when combined with Sony AF.
- Full frame, fast aperture, wide angle lens
- Fast, precise, quiet AF operation with reliable AF tracking from Linear STM
- Amazing resolution, resolving sharp and clear corner to corner details
- Optimised for portraits, landscapes and video
- Focus hold button and custom switch
- Renders extremely narrow depth of field with refined bokeh
- Updated lens design with weather sealing against light rain, snow and dust
Samyang AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony in More Detail
Updated 2nd Generation AF 35mm F1.4 FE Lens
This second generation evolution of Samyang’s full frame standard prime lens is optimised for portraits, landscapes and shooting videos. It includes Samyang's key features to optimise your workflow, with a focus hold button and custom switch. This new AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II joins the recently updated AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II Lens, bringing the latest technology for Sony photographers and videographers.
Corner to Corner Sharpness
Two ASP aspherical elements deliver strong contrast as well as striking resolution. Advanced coating technology has also been applied, which maintains superb image clarity, even in challenging lighting conditions.
The corner to corner sharpness is maintained even wide open at the maximum f/1.4 aperture, resulting in consistent optical performance at all exposure settings. Samyang has also included their CCI (Colour Contribution Index) technology for clearer images.
Faster, More Precise Quiet Autofocus
The Linear Stepping Motor (STM) found in newer Samyang lenses provides the high efficiency for fast, precise, quiet AF and AF tracking. This enables users to take advantage of advanced AF performance found in Sony E-Mount cameras. Compared to the previous gen, this new AF 35mm F1.4 FE II is optimised for not only stills photography, but also video, by minimising vibration and noise.
AF also operates quietly and smoothly when shooting video, with great subject tracking capabilities thanks to Samyang's Linear STM.
Shallow Depth of Field with Refined Bokeh
The maximum f/1.4 aperture makes it easier to capture sharp and low noise images in low light when shooting handheld. A 9-bladed circular aperture enhances the lens’ capability for stunning beautiful background bokeh when desired. This makes the lens ideal for naturally lit portraits where the subject is separated from backgrounds, or street scenes and other subjects where this effect is desirable. Some of the advantages of why get a 35mm lens are outlined in our buying guide here.
Improved Reliability And Streamlined Control
A customisable Focus hold button and Custom switch are included in this lens, making it suited to anyone from beginner to professional level.
1. Focus Hold Button
Pressing this button on the lens will keep the lens locked to that focusing distance and you can also assign functions such as Eye AF from the camera body menu.
2. Custom Switch
The custom switch can be set up to allow adjustment of the aperture silently, by rotating the focus ring. Using the optional Lens Station for Sony FE, you can set up the mode to suit your own preference.
Greater Versatility With Short Minimum Focus
The minimum focal distance of just 29cm (0.95ft), makes the lens even more versatile, enabling users to capture unique perspectives extremely close to their subject. This lends itself to dynamic portraits with exaggerated features, food photography and more.
Updated Lens Design With Weather Sealing
The AF 35mm F1.4 FE II has been developed and enhanced for outdoor use. It has a smooth and pleasing aluminium focus ring, and weather sealing in four areas to protect the lens from light rain, snow and dust.
What’s in the box
- Samyang AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II Lens for Sony E Mount full frame cameras
- Lens Caps Lens
- Hood Lens
Samyang AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II Lens Specifications
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.29m|
|Mount Type||Sony FE|
|No. Diaphragm Blades||9|
|Sensor Coverage||Full Frame|
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Many photographers and videographers favour both 50mm and 35mm primes for a number of reasons, not least due to their versatility for capturing any number of appealing and common subjects. To meet this demand, Samyang has updated both of their offerings with second generation optics and lens designs. This new model AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II lens capitalises on Sony’s renowned AF systems, harnessing fast and accurate focus and tracking with a Linear STM. This meets the demands of photographers, videographers and of course many hybrid shooters users full frame Sony cameras for their content.
With high resolution sensors comes great responsibility for third party lens designers and Samyang included aspherical elements to ensure this model renders extremely sharp details. You can shoot wide open and enjoy excellent performance, as well as gathering light in extremely low light situations. The wide aperture also allows you to play with shallow depth of field and capture beautiful bokeh to highlight your subjects. Whether you enjoy portraits, landscapes, street photography or food, this updated lens delivers on all fronts. Video hasn’t been forgotten either with silent aperture control available through users customisation.
Lastly Samyang has ensured the AF 35mm F1.4 FE II will perform both indoors and outside through comprehensive weather sealing in four locations, so you can continue shooting even when it’s drizzling or if you find yourself up a sand dune. With the fast f/1.4 aperture and classic prime focal width, creative possibilities are literally endless and this lens comes highly recommended.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.