Ricoh WG-50 Waterproof Camera Orange
The orange Ricoh WG-50 is a waterproof, shockproof, crushproof, and freeze-proof action camera with a 16MP sensor and Full 1080p video recording designed for adventure lovers and outdoor explorers.
Ricoh WG-50 Waterproof Compact Camera in Orange Summary
- 16 Megapixel CMOS 1/2.3" Sensor
- 5x Optical Zoom (effective focal length of 28-140mm)
- Full HD movie recording
- Wide variety of shooting modes - including macro, underwater, digital microscope and landscape modes
- Waterproof up to 14m
- Shockproof up to 1.6m
- Can operate in temperatures down to -10°C
- 2.7-inch rear LCD Screen
- Only weighs 194g
Ricoh WG-50 Waterproof Compact Camera in Orange Features in Detail
Assuring underwater shooting down to 14 meters, for up to two hours.
The solid, airtight body common to the WG-50 is not only waterproof down to a depth of 14 meters for up to two hours of continuous operation (equivalent to IPX 8 or JIS Class 8), but is also shockproof against falls from a height of 1.6 meters, dustproof (equivalent to IPX 6 or JIS Class 6), freeze-proof to temperatures as low as -10°C, and crushproof against weights up to 100kgf (kilogram force).
Thanks to this heavy-duty construction, the cameras perform superbly and dependably even in harsh, demanding outdoor conditions.
Exceptional image quality
The WG-50 comes equipped with a back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, which assures excellent high-sensitivity and low-noise characteristics and high-speed readout of image data signals.
Coupled with a high-performance imaging engine, this image sensor delivers a top sensitivity of ISO 6400 and super-high-resolution images with approximately 16.0 effective megapixels.
These models also provide advanced image processing functions, made possible by the latest super-resolution technology, to assure sharp, clear, high-resolution images.
They even offer such innovative features as Handheld Night Snap mode, which automatically captures several images of the same nighttime scene and produces a single, blur-free composite image from them.
Some upper-class features have also been added to these models to facilitate and upgrade scenic photography: white-balance optimization in the Landscape shooting mode reproduces brilliant greens of trees.
5X optical zoom lens with a 28mm wide-angle coverage
The WG-50 features a high-performance, five-times optical zoom lens with a focal-length coverage from 5mm to 25mm (equivalent to approx. 28mm to 140mm in the 35mm format) to accommodate a wide range of scenes and subjects, including sweeping landscapes.
They also provide other convenient shooting functions, such as a macro mode to capture dramatic close-up images from a minimum focusing distance of a mere one centimeter; an Intelligent Zoom function to extend the zoom range to approximately 36 times (equivalent to 1008mm in the 35mm format) without compromising image quality, for superior telephoto photography; and an interval shooting mode, which comes in handy for fixed-point observation.
Underwater shooting mode
Specifically designed for underwater photography, the Underwater and Underwater Movie shooting modes are programmed to optimize color and contrast, based on the data of images actually captured under the water.
These modes deliver sharp, true-to-life images by enhancing shades of red which are lost in underwater photography, while effectively compensating for the loss of contrast caused by the diffusion of light in water.
During Underwater mode, the Flash Off + Flash On option, allows the user to consecutively capture two images with a single shutter release one without flash and another with flash.
Six Macro Lights to assist close-up shooting, and a Self-Portrait Assist mode
Ideally positioned around the circumference of the lens barrel for macro shooting, six LED Macro Lights allow the WG-50 to provide bright, uniform illumination on a subject when the Digital Microscope mode is selected.
Thanks to these Macro Lights, the user can clearly see a magnified view of the microscopic world undetectable by the naked eye on the camera's LCD monitor, and effortlessly capture eye-catching, close-up images.
In order to minimize camera shake and subject shake, the Instant Illumination Enhance function allows for the use of a higher shutter speed by automatically raising the discharge level of the Macro Lights at the moment of shutter release.
The Macro Lights also provide other useful functions, such as a Self-Portrait Assist mode, which uses the blink of an LED lamp to check if the subject's face has been safely captured within the picture frame, and the LED Lighting mode, which uses the Macro Lights as a lighting device in the dark.
Full HD movie recording for extended shooting of high-quality movies
The WG-50 provide Full HD movie recording employing the H.264 recording format. Users can capture high-quality, extended movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels, 16:9 proportions) at a frame rate of 30 frames per second.
To add some creative touches to movie recording, they also feature a high-speed camera function for slow-motion playback of captured movie clips, and an interval movie function.
A micro-HDMI terminal (Type D) is also provided on the camera body for simultaneous output of Full HD movie clips and sound to external audio-visual devices
Triple anti-shake protection to prevent blurred images in all applications
(1) Pixel Track SR mechanism
When recording still images, this advanced shake-reduction mechanism effectively compensates for camera shake by digitally processing affected images.
(2) Digital SR mode
When the camera detects low-lighting conditions in still-image shooting, this mode automatically raises the sensitivity up to as high as ISO 6400, making it possible to use a higher shutter speed and effectively minimize the adverse effect of camera shake and subject shake when dealing with poor lighting conditions.
(3) Movie SR mode
During movie recording, this mode effectively compensates for the misalignment of images caused by camera shake through the use of exclusive software to produce beautiful, blur-free movie clips.
2.7-inch LCD monitor with the Outdoor View Setting mode
The WG-50 comes equipped 2.7-inch LCD monitor with horizontally extended 16:9 proportions and approximately 230,000 dots.
The monitor's AR (Anti-Reflection) coating minimizes annoying glare and reflections to assure a sharp, clear on-screen image even in the harsh sunshine often encountered during outdoor shooting.
It also comes equipped with such convenient features as: the Outdoor View Setting mode, which easily sets the optimum monitor brightness level for a given lighting condition.
- A range of WG-series mount accessories (optional) to accommodate diverse camera setups
- Two remote control receptors (one in front and another in the back) to widen signal coverage
- Macro stand (included) to maintain a minimum focusing distance of one centimeter to the subject during extended observation and shooting of macro images
- High-speed Face Detection function to capture as many as 32 faces in focus in approximately 0.03 seconds (minimum); Smile Capture function to automatically release the shutter when the subject's smile is detected
- Outdoor-friendly Style Watch function to display the time on the LCD monitor, using an extended push of the OK button when the camera's power is turned off
- Delay-free, pushbutton start of the playback mode, using an extended push of the playback button
- Auto Picture mode to automatically select the most appropriate shooting mode from 16 different scene modes
- A choice of 12 digital filters
- Pet detection function to automatically detect the face of a cat or dog
This model is also available as the newer model in orange, the RICOH WG-70 with Full HD video, upgraded sensor and features. Browse all of our waterproof cameras as well as an excellent range of Ricoh compact cameras.
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Waterproof Cameras|
|Model: Ricoh WG-50|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 300|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 8.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 16|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): 5.50 m (Auto ISO)|
|Focal length (equiv.): 28 - 140 mm|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 62|
|Length (mm): 30|
|Width (mm): 123|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 193|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 125 - 6400|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard, basic|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 6400|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: 3.50|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): 50|
|Minimum ISO: 125|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): 1|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 9|
|Number of white balance presets: 6|
|Optical zoom multiplier: 5.0|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 230000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 17.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
The Ricoh WG-50 embodies all that is required from a simple point and shoot camera for the rugged outdoor user.
With the ability to withstand tough conditions, whether involving physical force, underwater or in the unbearable cold - it simply does its job and takes photos.
A variety of shooting modes helps users to get optimal images for their environment, and the digital microscope mode is rather clever - by using the in-built LED lights around the circumference of the lens to act as a light for close-up shooting.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.