Ricoh WG-70 Waterproof Rugged Camera Orange
The ultra-rugged stylish orange RICOH WG-70 features a high quality 16MP sensor with up to 14m waterproof capabilities, -10c freeze-proof & Full HD movie recording with easy to use underwater settings.view full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 6012687A
Earn 279 Park Points
Ricoh WG-70 Waterproof Rugged Camera Orange summary
The Ricoh WG-70 in orange is the latest in ultra-rugged, waterproof digital compact cameras. Ideal for the toughest of environments, due to its rocksolid, waterproof outer shell. Standout features include waterproofing to a depth of 14m, shockproof from a height of 1.6 meters and freeze proof to temperatures as low as -10°C.
The back illuminated CMOS sensor provides superior low noise characteristics, along with high sensitivity to ISO 6400. Various shooting modes will ensure the correct settings for any environment. Six Macro Lights have also been included to assist with shooting close-up or macro subjects, along with better illumination for self portraits.
There are modes available to optimise white balance, contrast and colour for any underwater environment for video or stills. This model is also available as a pure black WG-70.
The five times optical zoom lens has a versatile wide angle 28mm to 140mm equivalent focal length, which can cover everythang from landscapes to close-up portraits. Further enhanced with a macro mode, an intelligent zoom function and interval shooting for a varied range of applications.
Ricoh WG-70 Waterproof Rugged Camera Orange in detail
Heavy-duty construction assuring underwater shooting down to 14 meters, for up to two hours
The solid, airtight body common to the WG-70 is not only waterproof down to a depth of 14 meters for up to two hours of continuous operation (equivalent to IPX 8 or JIS Class 8), but is also shockproof against falls from a height of 1.6 meters,* dustproof (equivalent to IPX 6 or JIS Class 6), freeze-proof to temperatures as low as -10°C, and crushproof against weights up to 100kgf (kilogram force).
Exceptional image quality
The WG-70 comes equipped with a back-illuminated CMOS image sensor, which assures excellent high-sensitivity and low-noise characteristics and high-speed readout of image data signals. Coupled with a high-performance imaging engine, this image sensor delivers a top sensitivity of ISO 6400 and super-high-resolution images with approximately 16.0 effective megapixels. These models also provide advanced image processing functions, made possible by the latest super-resolution technology, to assure sharp, clear, high-resolution images. They even offer such innovative features as Handheld Night Snap mode, which automatically captures several images of the same nighttime scene and produces a siangle, blur-free composite image from them.
Improved usability of Digital Microscope mode
The WG-70 has a Digital Microscope mode that allows the subject to be greatly enlarged. Usability is improved as the recording size can be newly selected ifrom 2M (1920 x 1080), which gives priority to enlargement with digital zoom, to a maximum of 12M (16: 9) (4608 x 2592), which is useful when printing or trimming with high resolution which further expands the field of shooting.
Six Macro Lights to assist close-up shooting, with various functions
Ideally positioned around the circumference of the lens barrel for macro shooting, six LED Macro Lights allow the WG-70 to provide bright, uniform illumination on a subject when the Digital Microscope mode is selected.*** Thanks to these Macro Lights, the user can clearly see a magnified view of the microscopic world undetectable by the naked eye on the camera’s LCD monitor, and effortlessly capture eye-catching, close-up images. In order to minimize camera shake and subject shake, the Instant Illumination Enhance function allows for the use of a higher shutter speed by automatically raising the discharge level of the Macro Lights at the moment of shutter release. The Macro Lights also provide other useful functions, such as a Self-Portrait Assist mode, which uses the blink of an LED lamp to check if the subject’s face has been safely captured with the picture frame, and the LED Lighting mode, which uses the Macro Lights as a lighting device in the dark.
advanced underwater shooting mode
Specifically designed for underwater photography, the image processing of Underwater and Underwater Movie shooting modes optimize color, contrast, and white balance, based on the data of images captured under the water. These modes deliver sharp, true-to-life images by enhancing shades of red, which are lost in underwater photography, while effectively compensating for the loss of contrast caused by the diffusion of light in water. During Underwater mode, the Flash Off + Flash On option, allows the user to consecutively capture two images &midash; with a siangle shutter release &midash; one without flash and another with flash.
Cross Processing added to image Tone
Cross Processing is an effect popular among our products, which allows you to enjoy unique photographic expressions. With WG-70, this mode is added to image Tone, which can be selected with several shooting modes including, P (Program). The parameters of the image is adjusted to give a unique color-changed finish, like a cross-processed film ***. *** A film development technique that uses unconventional film development to create a distinctive finish with dramatic, stylized colors.
5X optical zoom lens with a 28mm wide-angle coverage
The WG-70 feature a high-performance, five-times optical zoom lens with a focal-length coverage from 5mm to 25mm (equivalent to approx. 28mm to 140mm in the 35mm format) to accommodate a wide range of scenes and subjects, including sweeping landscapes. They also provide other convenient shooting functions, such as a macro mode to capture dramatic close-up images from a minimum focusing distance of a mere one centimeter; an Intelligent Zoom function to extend the zoom range to approximately 36 times (equivalent to 1008mm in the 35mm format) without compromising image quality, for superior telephoto photography; and an interval shooting mode, which comes in handy for fixed-point observation.
Full HD movie recording for extended shooting of high-quality movies
The WG-70 provides Full HD movie recording employing the H.264 recording format. Users can capture high-quality, extended movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels, 16:9 proportions) at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. To add some creative touches to movie recording, they also feature a high-speed camera function**** for slow-motion playback of captured movie clips, and an interval movie function. A micro-HDMI terminal (Type D) is also provided on the camera body for simultaneous output of Full HD movie clips and sound to external audio-visual devices. **** When this function is selected, the recorded size is fixed at 1280 x 720 pixels.
Triple anti-shake protection to prevent blurred images in all applications
(1) Pixel Track SR mechanism When recording still images, this advanced shake-reduction mechanism effectively compensates for camera shake by digitally processing affected images. (2) Digital SR mode When the camera detects low-lighting conditions in still-image shooting, this mode automatically raises the sensitivity up to as high as ISO 6400, making it possible to use a higher shutter speed and effectively minimize the adiverse effect of camera shake and subject shake when dealing with poor lighting conditions. (3) Movie SR mode During movie recording, this mode effectively compensates for the misalignment of images caused by camera shake through the use of exclusive software to produce beautiful, blur-free movie clips.
2.7-inch LCD monitor with the Outdoor View Setting mode
The WG-70 come equipped 2.7-inch LCD monitor with horizontally extended 16:9 proportions and approximately 230,000 dots. The monitor’s AR (Anti-Reflection) coating minimizes annoying glare and reflections to assure a sharp, clear on-screen image even in the harsh sunshine often encountered during outdoor shooting. It also comes equipped with such convenient features as: the Outdoor View Setting mode, which easily sets the optimum monitor brightness level for a given lighting condition.
what else is included in the box?
- reachargeable battery
- Power adapter
- USB cable
- Camera strap
- Macro stand
Ricoh WG-70 Waterproof Rugged Camera Orange Specifications
Approx. 16 megapixels
ISO 125 - 6400
2.7" Wide LCD, approx. 230K dots,
Built-in 5 - 25 mm Lens
Built-in Memory (approx. 68MB), SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
Approx. 122.5 (W) x 61.5 (H) x 29.5 (D)mm
Approx. 173g body only
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Waterproof Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Ricoh have a strong history of producing excellent quality robust action cameras, including waterproof models which have stood the test of time. The WG-70 is solid development taking the ultra-rugged concept even further by providing a stylish, compact camera which is capable of withstanding all but the most extreme conditions. It provides an excellent solution for holidays, weekends away and of course shallow dives and underwater photography. Despite advanced settings the camera is easy to operate and provides instant gratification whether shooting stills or video. This is an excellent choice for anyone who loves adventure and knows they will be heading into the water at some time.
- Robust design which will carry on shooting in virtually any conditions
- Five times optical zoom with versatile coverage for action shots and more
- Advanced underwater shooting modes with easy control of settings
- Exceptional image quality with strong low light performance
- Full HD movie recording for high-quality movies
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.