Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Body Black
The Pentax K-3 Mark III Camera (Black) has been completely overhauled with an all new 25.7 Megapixel Sensor with IBIS, new 100% Pentaprism Finder, new AF-System, New Prime V Image engine and 4K/30p.
- Completely overhauled DSLR camera packed with the latest technology for any style of shooting
- Exceptional low light capabilities with high ISO, 5-axis body stabilisation and low noise results
- Brand new high res 25.7 Megapixel BSI Sensor with new Prime V Image engine
- Bright new 100% coverage Pentaprism Finder, 1,62 MP LCD touchscreen and top panel displays
- Compelling 4K movies and high speed 60p Full HD recording with HDMI output, Stereo Mic and headphone inputs
Pentax K-3 Mark III Camera In Black Summary
The all new Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Body in Black has been designed to provide photographers with the best possible shooting experience. To this end Pentax has completely overhauled the entire camera, providing a host of completely updated technology which hide beneath the high-strength aluminium DSLR housing.
- A new 25.7 Megapixel BSI Sensor (APS-C) with 5-axis IBIS up to 5.5LV steps
- New 100% field of view Pentaprism Finder
- New SAFOX 13 AF-System, 101 AF Sensors down to –4 EV with joystick control
- New Prime V Image engine
- 4K/30p resolution Video and Full HD 60p/30p/24p frame rates
- Up to 12 frames per second high speed shooting
- High Resolution touchscreen LCD monitor
- Weatherproof housing with 95 seals
When combined this shopping list of upgrades reinforces the K-3 Mark III as Pentax’s flagship APS-C sized DSLR camera, aimed at enthusiasts and professionals seeking a traditional DSLR experience combined with the latest technology. The high ISO 1,600,000 will appeal to night photographers as well as those shooting in any low light situations whilst pixel shift technology serves to reduce noise when applied.
Pentax has also included high quality 4K/30p video as well as Full HD 60p for videographers and content creators along with a built-in stereo microphone, external stereo microphone socket and other video tools.
Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Body Black in More Detail
Large and bright prism viewﬁnder
High performance viewﬁnder for a real live view where the photographer feels connected to the subject. The viewfinder provides 100% ﬁeld of view for composition control with 1.05x magniﬁcation.
25.7 Megapixel BSI Sensor with IBIS
The new Back Side Illuminated Sensor renders lower noise and better light performance at up to ISO 1.600.000. 5-axis in-body Image Stabilising (IBIS) ensures exposure reliability up to 5.5 LV steps. Pixel Shift lends even more effective use of the sensor, reducing noise and showing higher sharpness with better colour rendition
New SAFOX 13 AF-System
101 Autofocus Sensors with centre weighted 25 cross sensors operate at down to -4 EV. An image tracking algorithm is based on a newly developed RGB-Ir image sensor with approx. 307,000 pixels for faster, more precise Autofocus and a joystick controls AF-points.
A top Display is includes for quick access to all shooting info. Pentax has also included a high resolution 1.62 Megapixel 3,2-Inch LCD monitor with intuitive controls with eye sensing capabilities reducing glare during dark situations.
- New Prime V Image engine and accelerator unit for increased speed.
- Pentax developed Real-time Scene Analysis supports camera control to optimise exposure and autofocus.
- Smart Function for quick access to 5 individual program functions and 10 different control buttons can be programmed for individual workflows.
- 5 User modes give access to camera presets
- Extended Hyper Operation System
- High Frame rate shooting with up to 12 f/sec (for 32 RAW ﬁles)
- Weatherproof housing operates as low as -10°C and has 95 seals to protect against dust and moisture
- Durable shutter unit designed for at least 300,000 shots
- 4K resolution for Video with 60p/30p/24p frame rates
- The body is also available in silver as well as in Black Premium Kit form.
- D-BG8 Battery Grip - provides improved ergonomics and extended battery life
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Pentax K-3|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 800|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 12.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 26|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.50|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: Yes|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto (100-1600000)|
|JPEG quality levels: Best, better, good|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 101|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: PRIME V|
|Remote control: Yes|
|Screen dots: 1620000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Pentax is committed to the DSLR experience and have striven to upgrade their flagship APS-C crop sensor camera to demonstrate this passion. The K-3 Mark III has been completely overhauled and oozes pro quality from the aluminium casing which is weather sealed in 95 points to the brand new back illuminated sensor inside. Pentax cameras are known for delivering exceptional image quality when combined with K-mount lenses offering an immersive shooting experience and this new camera brings precisely those qualities.
Camera tech moves at lightning speeds and Pentax has once again packed a generous number of features into the K-3 Mark III to impress even the most tech-savvy user. Whether it’s low light capabilities or high speed shooting the camera keeps up with the best of them. User ergonomics and customisation are also key to Pentax’s ethos and users will find 10 different programmable buttons and five individual program functions to streamline their workflow. DSLR’s are renowned for outdoor photography whether it be landscapes, street or travel and the K-3 Mark III delivers robust usability in any environment, including a shutter rated at 300,000 shots.
Anyone producing videos has been well catered for with crisp 4K movies at 30p along with 60p Full HD. Numerous ports are available for audio control and the bright LCD provides clear access to controls and previews. We are thrilled to see such an accomplished flagship camera from Pentax and are sure it will be a massive success with their DSLR users.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.