Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Body Silver
The totally updated Pentax K-3 Mark III Camera in Silver includes an all new 25MP BSI sensor with new Prime V Image engine and accelerator unit, IBIS, new viewfinder, AF system and so much more.
- Completely redesigned DSLR packed with the latest technology for any type of shooting
- Exceptional low light capabilities with high ISO, 5-axis body stabilisation and low noise images
- Brand new high res 25.7 Megapixel BSI Sensor with new faster Prime V Image engine
- Bright new 100% coverage Pentaprism Finder, 1,62 MP LCD touchscreen and top panel displays
- Crisp 4K movies and high speed 60p Full HD with HDMI output, Stereo Mic and headphone inputs
Pentax K-3 Mark III Body Silver Summary
Pentax has pulled out all the stops with the release of their flagship Silver K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Body. The entire guts of this DSLR have been redesigned to combine a pure shooting experience with the latest technology available. Pros and enthusiasts will appreciate the level of detail Pentax has gone for which includes an aluminium body which has been weather sealed ini 95 points. This stylish silver camera is also available in a premium kit form which is accompanied by a number of accessories.
- New 25.7 Megapixel BSI Sensor (APS-C) with 5-axis IBIS up to 5.5LV steps
- New 100% field of view Pentaprism Finder
- New SAFOX 13 AF-System, 101 AF Sensors down to –4 EV with joystick control
- New Prime V Image engine
- 4K/30p resolution Video and Full HD 60p/30p/24p frame rates
- Up to 12 frames per second high speed shooting with AF lock
- High Resolution touchscreen LCD monitor
- Weatherproof housing with 95 seals
When all is said and done this shopping list of upgrades reinforces the K-3 Mark III as Pentax’s flagship APS-C sized DSLR camera for those seeking a traditional DSLR experience combined with the latest technology. The high ISO 1,600,000 will appeal to night photographers as well as those shooting in any low light situations, whilst pixel shift technology serves to reduce noise when utilised.
Pentax has also included high quality 4K/30p video as well as Full HD 60p for videographers and content creators along with a built-in stereo microphone, external stereo microphone socket and a Type D HDMI output terminal.
Pentax K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Body Silver in More Detail
Large and bright prism viewﬁnder
High performance viewﬁnder for a real live view where the photographer feels connected to the subject. The viewfinder provides 100% ﬁeld of view for composition control with 1.05x magniﬁcation.
25.7 Megapixel BSI Sensor with IBIS
The new Back Side Illuminated Sensor renders lower noise and better light performance at up to ISO 1.600.000. 5-axis in-body Image Stabilising (IBIS) ensures exposure reliability up to 5.5 LV steps. Pixel Shift lends even more effective use of the sensor, reducing noise and showing higher sharpness with better colour rendition
New SAFOX 13 AF-System
101 Autofocus Sensors with centre weighted 25 cross sensors operate at down to -4 EV. An image tracking algorithm is based on a newly developed RGB-Ir image sensor with approx. 307,000 pixels for faster, more precise Autofocus and a joystick controls AF-points.
A top Display is includes for quick access to all shooting info. Pentax has also included a high resolution 1.62 Megapixel 3,2-Inch LCD monitor with intuitive controls with eye sensing capabilities reducing glare during dark situations.
- New Prime V Image engine and accelerator unit for increased speed.
- Pentax developed Real-time Scene Analysis supports camera control to optimise exposure and autofocus.
- Smart Function for quick access to 5 individual program functions and 10 different control buttons can be programmed for individual workflows.
- 5 User modes give access to camera presets
- Extended Hyper Operation System
- High Frame rate shooting with up to 12 f/sec (for 32 RAW ﬁles)
- Weatherproof housing operates as low as -10°C and has 95 seals to protect against dust and moisture
- Durable shutter unit designed for at least 300,000 shots
- 4K resolution for Video with 60p/30p/24p frame rates
- The body is also available in Black K-3 Mark III for purists.
- D-BG8 Battery Grip - Grip with improved ergonomics and extended battery life (Black grip)
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Model: Pentax K-3|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 800|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 12.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 26|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.50|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: Yes|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto (100-1600000)|
|JPEG quality levels: Best, better, good|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 101|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: PRIME V|
|Remote control: Yes|
|Screen dots: 1620000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Pentax is committed to the DSLR experience and have striven to upgrade their flagship APS-C crop sensor camera to demonstrate this passion. The K-3 Mark III has been entirely overhauled and oozes pro quality from the aluminium casing down to the brand new back illuminated sensor inside. Pentax cameras are known for delivering exceptional image quality when combined with a wide range of K-mount lenses and provide an immersive shooting experience.
Camera tech moves at a rapid rate and Pentax has packed a generous number of new capabilities into the K-3 Mark III to impress even the most demanding user. From low light capabilities to high speed shooting the camera is a resounding success.
Usability is central to Pentax’s design ethos and users will find 10 different programmable buttons and five individual program functions to streamline their workflow. DSLR’s are renowned for being used for outdoor photography from landscapes, astro, street or travel and the K-3 Mark III delivers robust usability in any environment, including a shutter rated at 300,000 shots.
Anyone producing movies will enjoy the crisp 4K movies at 30p along with 60p Full HD capabilities. Numerous ports are available for audio inputs and headphones, HDMI and the bright LCD provides clear access to controls. We are excited to see such an accomplished flagship camera from Pentax and are certain it will be a massive success with their DSLR fan base.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.