Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX80 Mirrorless Compact System Camera
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: P016419K
Earn 299 Park Points
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX80 Compact System Camera SUMMARY
Compatible Micro Four Thirds lenses
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX80 & G Vario 12-32mm f/3.5-5.6 & G Vario 35-100mm f/4-5.6 Kit - Black
|Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GX80 CSC FEATURES|
The LUMIX DMC-GX80 features a high quality 16 megapixel Live MOS image sensor, but Panasonic have removed its low-pass filter which offers around a 10% improvement in limiting resolution, and minimises false colour and moire from the newly designed Venus image processing engine.
The GX80 utilises a new 5-axis Dual I.S. image stabiliser which works for both photo and video modes and 4K photo shooting, offering 5-axis body I.S. and 2-axis lens I.S from wide-angle to telephoto settings.
Not only does the DMC-GX80 capture 4K video (3840 x 2160) up to 30p, but also 4K photo with a number of features, including Post Focus - with a dedicated 4K Photo/Post focus button. 30fps 4K burst, 4K burst (s/s), and 4K pre-burst are also available in 4K photo mode, as well as 8fps in standard mode. You can read more about Post Focus in our blog post Post Focus Explained: Understanding Panasonic Post Focus.
The GX80 has a Light Composition feature which lets you layer multiple 4K images into a single properly exposed image, as well as 4K Live Cropping, which lets you crop a 4K video down to an HD file in-camera. Additionally, you can pan within a video, or zoom in without the need to adjust focal length when filming.
The LUMIX GX80 has a number of useful bracketing options - exposure, white balance, focus, and aperture bracketing - so you have a choice of a range of different outcomes and can rest assured that your subject will be correctly captured, just as you intended.
The GX80 has a new Photo Style option called L.Monochrome, which offers specially adjusted gamma for monochrome and delivers outstanding deep blacks with rich gradation - just as you would get with traditional black and white film.
LVF and monitor
The GX80 features a high resolution 2,764-k dot Live viewfinder which offer stable framing and brilliant visibility, even when shooting under bright sunlight.
It has a 3 inch 1,040k-dot LCD monitor that can be tilted up by 80° - ideal for shooting at low angles or on a tripod - and can be tilted down by 45°, so shooting over crowds of people for example, is simple.
Wi-Fi and QR Code connection
The GX80 offers quick and easy password-less connection via Wi-Fi, as well as QR code connection.
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: Yes|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 290|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 8|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 16|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): 6.00 m (ISO 200)|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 2|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 71|
|Length (mm): 44|
|Width (mm): 122|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 426|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 200 - 25600 (expands down to 100)|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 25600|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 200|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 100|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 49|
|Number of white balance presets: 5|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: Venus Engine|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1040000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 17|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: Yes|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2764800|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.