Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Camera Body Black
The high speed Panasonic Lumix G9 Micro 4/3 body in black has been designed for nature and wildlife with 20fps continuous shooting, new DFD autofocus for lightning fast subject acquisition & tracking.
- 80 megapixel High Resolution photo mode is ideal for interiors and architectural photography
- 6.5 stops of in-body image stabilisation for stable handheld shooting
- 20 fps continuous shooting in AF-C and 60 fps in AF-S is perfect for sports and wildlife photography
- No blackout OLED electronic viewfinder with 120fps refresh rate means better subject tracking
- Splash, dust and freeze proof magnesium alloy body for outdoor shooting in most weather conditions
Panasonic Lumix G9 Micro Four Thirds Camera Body Summary
The Lumix G9 is Panasonic's answer to wildlife and outdoor photography, boasting outstanding image quality and an enviable feature list. The Lumix G9 is an evolution of its video-centric brother, the GH5, and is built around the needs of stills photographers, particularly those who spend time outdoors and shoot fast moving subjects.
With just over 20 megapixels to play with there’s enough detail to satisfy demanding professional users as well as enthusiast photographers. The camera’s fast auto tracking is compatible with 20fps high speed RAW file shooting so you’ll never miss a moment. Hand holding is supported by in-body 5-axis stabilisation as well as lens based optical stabilisation.
The OLED Live viewfinder provides a fast 120fps with 0.83x magnification for clear, sharp and flicker free viewing of even distant subjects.
The durable design of the G9 Camera Body is well suited to outdoor work and includes extensive dust, freeze and moisture resistance, with extra power available in the form of the DMW-BGG9E battery grip.
- 20.2 megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor
- No Low-Pass Filter
- 80 megapixel equivalent High Resolution mode
- Large top-panel Status LCD monitor
- 6.5 stop in-body image stabilisation
- 5-Axis Dual I.S. with O.I.S lenses
- DFD (Depth from Defocus) technology
- World's fastest AF speed of 0.04 seconds
- 20 fps (AF-C) and 60 fps (AF-S) continuous shooting
- 6K PHOTO and 4K PHOTO
- Largest-in-class OLED Live View Finder at 1.66x magnification ratio
- No blackout viewfinder even in high burst shooting
- EVF has 120fps high speed refresh rate & 0.005 sec lag
- 3.0 inch 1,040k-dot free-angle LCD touchscreen
- Magnesium alloy full die-cast front/rear frame body
- Splashproof, dustproof, freezeproof down to -10 degrees Celsius
- Dual SD Memory Card slots both with UHS-II compatibility
- Bluetooth Low Energy & Wi-Fi connectivity
Users will find plenty of suitable micro four thirds lenses to suit wildlife, nature and sports photography including the Panasonic Leica DG Elmarit 200mm lens and 1.4 Teleconverter which gives 200mm at f/2.8 and equivalent 560mm (full frame format) for extra reach.
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds Camera Body Black Specifications
Live MFT MOS Sensor
Face/Eye Detection / Tracking / 225-Area
[6K PHOTO] 30 frames/sec
[4K PHOTO] 60 frames/sec
UHD 4K 60/50p
TFT LCD monitor with static touch control
OLED Live View Finder (3,680k dots)
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® v4.2
SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card/(Compatible with UHS-I / UHS-II UHS Speed Class 3 standard SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards)
136.9 x 97.3 x 91.6 mm
Approx. 658g (SD card x 1, Battery, Body)
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Mirrorless Cameras|
|Model: Panasonic Lumix DC-G9|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 400|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 20.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 20|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 2.00|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: Yes|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 97|
|Length (mm): 92|
|Width (mm): 137|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 658|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 200 - 25600 (expands to 100 - 25600)|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 25600|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 200|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 100|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 225|
|Number of white balance presets: 5|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1040000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 22.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 3680000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
The Panasonic Lumix G9 is all-weather mirrorless camera designed for high speed shooting, which makes it the ideal solution for sports, wildlife and nature photographers.
With 6.5 stops of shutter speed compensation at your disposal, the Lumix G9 is built for handheld stills photography and gives you the ability to shoot in conditions far beyond what you otherwise would be able to.
The top LCD status panel gives a comprehensive readout of all your current settings, making it effortlessly easy to adjust your settings and know exactly where you are while shooting. This LCD panel is reminiscent of pro-level DSLRs and gives the Lumix G9 a superior standing as a primarily stills photography mirrorless camera.
For wildlife, nature, and sports photography where high-speed photography is the status-quo, the Lumix G9 is more than capable of keeping up. It's capable of 12fps (AF-S) or 9fps (AF-C) continuous shooing using the mechanical shutter, and a colossal 60fps (AF-S) using the electronic shutter (and 20fps in AF-C).
When you add the new 80 megapixel high-resolution mode on top of all the other functionality, as well as 4K movie recording, it's easy to see how the Lumix G9 is a stills photographers mirrorless camera to be reckoned with.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.