Panasonic Lumix Box-Style DC-BGH1 Mirrorless Cinema Camera
The Panasonic Lumix BGH1 mirrorless cinema camera is a newly designed Box-Style micro four thirds movie and live camera with high quality internal Cinema 4K 60p/50p 10-Bit video with Dual Native ISO.
- Highly capable in-camera video recording with 4K/60p H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, 200Mbps
- No overheating thanks to advanced heat dissipation for longer duration scenes
- Dual native ISO provides extremely effective low light performance in all but the darkest of scenes
- 13 stops of dynamic range in V-Log L allow for creative colour grading with deep contrast and detail
- Fast accurate AF system with AF Detection of Face, Eye, Body and Animal
The Panasonic Lumix Box-Style DC-BGH1 Mirrorless Cinema Camera is a newly designed camera with high quality video capabilities with lots in common with advanced camcorders. The new micro four thirds camera boasts the following video features:
- Live MOS sensor (17.3 x 13.0 mm) with 10.28 megapixels
- 13 stops of dynamic range (V-Log L)
- Internal Cinema 4K H.264/MPEG-4 AVC at up to 59.94p, 200Mbps (4:2:0 10-bit LongGOP)
- External 4:2:2 10bit (When [Rec Quality] is set to [4:2:2 10bit] or [4:2:0 10bit]
- Continuous recordable time of Approx. 270 min at 4K/60p
- Auto AF Detection (Face, Eye, Body, Animal) / Tracking / 225-Area
- Weight only Approx. 545g
Dual native ISO provides exceptional low light performance for both stills and video. Simultaneous 4:2:0 and external 4:2:2 when using an external HDMI video recorder for flexible recording are supported. The camera can also be controlled by USB or LAN tethering. The body can also be used with Multicam software for more efficient productions. yet more firsts come in the form of ethernet tethering allowing the Box-Style DC-BGH1 to be further controlled by tethering software.
The Lumix BGH1 also boasts extended recording times of up to 270 min even at the highest quality settings thanks to proprietary heat dissipation technology. High end productions are fourth supported by Genlock IN and Timecode IN/OUT ports.
The LUMIX BGH1 offers versatile solutions in that it can be used in multi-camera, mounted to a drone, IP remote control and for live-streaming environments.
LUMIX BGH1 IN MORE DETAIL
Dual Native ISO explained
Dual Native ISO seamlessly utilises two circuits to create two separate native ISO settings, which is taken from Panasonic professional video cameras. Normally, noise increases as sensitivity rises, however, an image sensor with Dual Native ISO minimises noise generation by choosing an optimal circuit to use according to the sensitivity before gain processing. As a result, the BGH1 is capable of a maximum ISO 51200 high sensitivity recording with excellent results in low light.
The LUMIX BGH1 enables 4:2:0 10-bit C4K/4K 60p / 50p internal video recording. It records video with a designated gamma curve compatible with ITU-R BT.2100, and you can now choose Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) in Photo Style. A low-bit-rate recording mode C4K/4K HEVC/H.265 for HLG is also available.
The V-Log L featuring log characteristics with 13 stops of wide dynamic range is pre-installed. It is also capable of C4K/4K 4:2:2 10-bit output via HDMI.
The VFR (Variable Frame Rate) lets users record over cranked / under cranked video in C4K/4K (60 fps, maximum 2.5x slower in 24p) and FHD (240 fps, maximum 10x slower in 24p)*.
Other practical features
- Supports anamorphic lenses 4:3
- Two Tally lamps (front and rear), as well as a network connection lamp
- 3.5 Audio (in/out) jack compatible with XLR microphone DMW-XLR1
- Generic remote control unit φ2.5mm
- 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connectivity and Bluetooth 4.2 (BLE)
- Remote camera control using application software (LUMIX Tether for Multicam and LUMIX Sync)
- Tethered photo shooting with LUMIX Tether for Multicam software
- A SDK*3 (Software Development Kit) for camera control via USB will be available free of charge.
What’s in the box
- AC Adaptor
- AC Cable
- Cable Lock Band
- Body Cap
- Hot Shoe Cover
- AUDIO Terminal Cover
- DC IN Terminal Cover
- BNC Terminal Cover
- HDMI Terminal Cover
- REMOTE Terminal Cover
Panasonic Lumix BGH1 Specifications
|Sensor Type||Live MOS sensor (17.3 x 13.0 mm)|
|ISO range||Native ISO 160-51200 extendable|
|Focus points||Auto Detection (Face, Eye, Body, Animal) / Tracking / 225-Area|
|Video resolution||C4K 4:2:0 10-bit LongGOP Internal|
|LCD Screen||External monitor required|
|Wireless connectivity||IEEE 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth® v4.2|
|Lens compatibility||Micro four thirds|
|Storage type||SD Memory Card / SDHC Memory Card* / SDXC Memory Card|
|Dimensions||Approx. 93.0 x 93.0 x 78.0 mm|
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Mirrorless Cameras|
|Model: Panasonic Lumix DC-BGH1|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: Phase Detect|
|Articulated Screen: Fixed|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Battery: Battery Pack|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 10|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: 5 stops|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 2|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): 93|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): 93|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 545|
|Image ratio w:h: 04:03|
|Camera Image stabilization: No|
|ISO: Auto, 160 - 51200 (expands to 80 - 204800)|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: Micro Four Thirds|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 51200|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 204800|
|Max resolution: 3680 x 2760|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 160|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 80|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: Multi|
|Number of focus points: 225|
|Number of white balance presets: 4|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: Venus Engine|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 12|
|Sensor size: Micro Four Thirds|
|Sensor type: CMOS|
|Storage types: SD|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: Mirrorless|
|Uncompressed format: None|
|Camera USB: USB 3.2 Gen 1 (5 GBit/sec)|
|USB charging: Yes|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: None|
|Video formats: MPEG-4|
|Video Mode Categories: Full HD|
|Video Modes: 1920 x 1080 @ 23.98p / 200 Mbps, MOV, H.264, Linear PCM|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.