OM SYSTEM M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm f/1.4 PRO Lens for MFT
The OM SYSTEM M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm f/1.4 PRO for Micro Four Thirds is a pocket-size prime lens which weighs just 247g yet offers stunning sharpness and smooth bokeh ideal for landscape, travel and more.
- Versatile and bright f/1.4 aperture lens ideal for all day shooting of a wide range of subjects even in low light
- Compact and lightweight prime with edge to edge sharpness for well-defined details in your shots
- 9-blade circular aperture offers smooth bokeh and soft out of focus areas ideal for portraits and more
- Weather sealed with excellent performance that is dust-proof, freeze-proof, splash-proof and has a fluorine coating
- Take spectacular close-up shots as close as 0.25 m with 0.11x (MFT) / 0.22x (35mm format) magnification
OM SYSTEM M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm f/1.4 PRO Lens for MFT Summary
Arriving as their first model is this OM SYSTEM M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm f/1.4 PRO Lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras. This pocket-sized prime lens offers an equivalent focal width of 40mm (full frame format) and weighs just 247g yet offers stunning sharpness and smooth bokeh. This focal width is ideal for a range of subjects including portraits, nature, travel, landscape, street photography and excels for day to day photography and low light shooting. The advanced optical design includes two aspherical elements that always deliver superior image quality, with razor sharp details from edge to edge at high resolution.
- The very first OM SYSTEM lens
- Extremely compact and lightweight prime
- Optical design with razor sharp high resolution detail
- Natural field of view ideal for anything from portraits to landscapes
- 11 elements in 10 groups including two aspherical glass elements
- Weather sealed IPX1-rated lens down to -10ºC
- 0.25m close focus distance
- Compact 58mm filter thread
The optical formula is made up with numerous special optics including 1 Super ED lens, 3 ED lenses, 2 Super HR lenses, 2 Aspherical lenses. Together these combine to render extremely high resolution detail with natural results across the entire frame. You can also shoot wide open at f/1.4 which is ideal in low light with virtually all types of aberration removed and showing virtually no fringing. Whether you photograph a beautiful portrait or isolate a delicious plate of food you’ll see beautifully smooth bokeh and out of focus areas from the bright 9-blade circular aperture diaphragm.
OM SYSTEM M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm f/1.4 PRO Lens for MFT in More Detail
Compact and lightweight
The OM SYSTEM M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm f/1.4 PRO Lens weighs just 247 grams and measures just 61.7mm so you can shoot comfortably for hours using the lens as an all day walk-around lens.
High resolution optimal performance
A complex optical design incorporates several special elements to render extremely high resolution detail with virtually all aberrations and fringing eliminated. This means you can capture endless well defined detail with breathtaking edge-to-edge sharpness using the natural 57° angle of view which the Digital ED 20mm f/1.4 PRO affords. 11 lens elements arranged in 10 groups include 1 Super ED lens, 3 ED lenses, 2 Super HR lenses, 2 Aspherical lenses.
Weather sealed design
With an IPX1 rating the OM SYSTEM Digital ED 20mm f/1.4 PRO lens is splash-proof, dust-proof and freeze-proof right down to -10ºC/14ºF for all-weather shooting in virtually any conditions.
A maximum magnification of 0.11x (0.22x in full frame equivalent) lets you take spectacular close-up shots with smooth feathered bokeh. This enables you to capture a variety of shots with excellent detail even as close as 0.25 m to your subject.
With a 40mm (full frame equivalent) focal length this compact 20mm lens strikes a visually pleasing balance between a natural perspective and artistic pursuit. 40mm is ideal as an all round focal width for any number of subjects including all day shooting.
PRO lens family
The 20mm F1.4 lens is a member of OM SYSTEM’s PRO prime lens family. These offer users high quality optical performance, are weather sealed and deliver world-class image quality, within a compact footprint. Highly precise Autofocus helps to capture your subject whatever the situation. Whether you use an Olympus OM-D or PEN camera, or any other micro four thirds compatible body this lens is an excellent choice for high quality results.
What’s in the box
- OM SYSTEM M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm f/1.4 PRO Lens for Micro four thirds cameras
- Lens Hood
- Lens Cap
- Lens Rear Cap
- Lens Wrapping Cloth
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
- Hoya 58mm HD NANO II Circular Polarising Filter - from the new Mark II series, this Nano-coated polariser provides excellent results when shooting wet surfaces, water and more.
- Tiffen 58mm Variable ND filter - this offers between 2 to 8 stops of light control for video and photography
- Hoya 58mm HMC RED R1 PRO Filter - excellent choice particularly for black and white photography to bring out contrast
- Hoya 58mm HD II UV Filter - cut the effects of ultraviolet light and help protect your front lens element with this high quality option
|Focal length||20 mm|
|Angle of view||57°|
|Closest focusing distance||0.25 m|
|Aspherical glass elements||2|
|Lens configuration||11 elements / 10 groups|
|Maximum image magnification||0.11x (Micro Four Thirds) / 0.22x (35mm format)|
|SED lens elements||1|
|ED lens elements||3 2 (Super HR lens )|
|Number of aperture blades||9 Circular aperture diaphragm for natural background blurring|
|Dimensions / Weight|
|Filter diamater||58 mm|
|Compatible to Tele Converter MC-14||No|
|Compatible to Tele Converter MC-20||No|
|Operates with 5-axis Sync IS||No|
|Cover & Cap|
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 20mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The M.Zuiko Digital ED 20mm f/1.4 PRO Lens arrives as the first model from OM SYSTEM to a well deserved fanfare. Not only is it extremely compact and lightweight, but incorporates highly advanced optics to deliver exceptional results. Images are sharp and detailed across the frame, with extremely well controlled aberrations and fringing. At an equivalent focal width of 40mm (full frame format) you’ll be able to point this lens at a wide range of subjects and enjoy natural looking results with minimal distortion. The bright aperture lends itself to capturing beautiful portraits, street photography or any other shots where you want to define the subject and draw the eye. The nine aperture blades are rounded which means you can also capture beautiful bokeh with smooth and soft out of focus areas.
The close 25cm minimum shooting distance adds more versatility to this prime lens, so users can take shots of anything from food to flowers and enjoy excellent details throughout the image. As a PRO lens, the 20mm also includes excellent weather sealing right down to -10ºC so you’ll be able to continue shooting whatever the weather throws at you. OM SYSTEM has thrown all the technology they have at their first lens and the results are superb. It’s compact and lightweight as we would expect, yet delivers superb results across the entire frame, with an extremely versatile focal width that is ideal for all sorts of subjects. It’s for these reasons we are sure a wide range of photographers from enthusiasts to professionals will be adding this 20mm f/1.4 PRO to their collection.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.