Nikon Z MC 50mm f/2.8 Lens
The Nikon Z MC 50mm f/2.8 Lens for full-frame and DX mirrorless cameras lets you capture tack sharp standard shots and close-ups as close as 16cm in 1:4, 1:2, or 1:1 life-size magnification.
- Standard 50mm prime lens for any subjects including street photography, portraits and macros
- Fits full-frame and DX-crop sensor Nikon mirrorless cameras (75mm focal width on crop cameras)
- Capture awesome macro close-ups at 1:4, 1:2, or 1:1 life-size magnification ratio
- Focus as close as 0.16m which is just 5.6cm away from your subject for incredible details
- Beautiful smooth out of focus areas and round bokeh from an f/2.8 rounded 9-blade aperture
Nikon Nikkor Z MC 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens Summary
Nikon’s versatile Nikkor Z MC 50mm f/2.8 Lens offers newcomers to macro a fixed focal length which is also well suited to other subjects including portraits and street photography. Designed for both full-frame and DX-crop sensor Nikon Z cameras the Z MC 50mm f/2.8 delivers compact portability combined with a classic 50 mm focal width that is both fast and sharp, even when the front of the lens is just 5.6cm away from a subject!
Users can make awesome macro shots at a 1:4, 1:2, or 1:1 life-size magnification, which markings on the lens barrel clearly indicate. We all love bokeh and this lens delivers smooth, round bokeh thanks to an f/2.8 rounded 9-blade aperture.
- Versatile 50mm focal width for a range of subjects including life-size close-up macros
- High quality results from 10 lens elements arranged in 7 groups (including 1 ED and 1 aspherical element)
- Compact and lightweight for all day shooting weighing just 260g.
- Minimal focus distance of just 0.16m which means subjects can be as close as 5.6cm away
- Balances perfectly on full frame or DX crop sensor cameras for 75mm equivalent focal width
- Focus limit switch between 0.16-0.30m
- Silent control ring let’s you control aperture, ISO, and more
Nikon Z MC 50mm f/2.8 Lens in More Detail
Awesome close-up macro lens
Shoot at 1:4, 1:2, or 1:1 magnification for real life-size macro which is shown on lens barrel markings. The bright f/2.8 aperture lets you work even in low light and in-camera stabilisation helps with sharp shots. Get incredible life-sized details with a minimum focus distance of just 16cm.
Versatile everyday lens
The Nikon Nikkor Z MC 50mm f/2.8 features a classic 50mm focal width (on full frame) which is ideal for a wide range of subjects including portraits, street photography, travel and general shooting.
A 9-blade rounded aperture shows lovely out of focus bokeh to help isolate your subject.
Compact and travel-friendly
At a mere 260g and measuring 74.5mm long the Z MC 50mm macro is perfect for bringing anywhere and shooting all day long. 46mm lens filters can be used and a focus limit switch enables the lens to focus quickly and accurately when extremely close to your subject.
What’s in the box
- Nikon Nikkor Z MC 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens for Z-Mount
- LC-46B Lens Cap
- LF-N1 Lens Cap
- HN-41 Lens Hood
- CL-C1 Lens Case
- Hoya 46mm Fusion One Circular Polariser - 18 layers of Super coatings create excellent polarising effects at a budget
- Hoya 46mm Fusion One UV filter - cuts down ultraviolet light and protects your front lens element
- Nikon Film Digitising Adapter ES-2 - mount this to make digital copies from film
Nikon Nikkor Z MC 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens Sample images
The sample images included here have all been made on the Nikon Z6 II camera and show how versatile the lens is lens with great macro results.
Macro: 1/500 sec. f/5.6. ISO 100
Macro: 1/640 sec. f/4.5. ISO 100
Food: 1/20 sec. f/3.2. ISO 100
Cityscape: 1/3200 sec. f/2.8. ISO 100
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Nikon’s range of mirrorless Z-mount lenses is growing steadily and the addition of this Nikkor Z MC 50mm f/2.8 Lens ensures newcomers to macro have something to get excited about. Not only does this standard prime let you shoot awesome close-up’s in real life-size 1:1, but it’s also one of the most popular focal lengths at a classic 50mm. This means you can capture a huge amount of subjects which fall into general ‘everyday’ shooting and it weighs so little it can come along on the camera or in a bag without any worries about weight.
Nikon included a fast f/2.8 aperture, which means you can still shoot when it’s getting dark and the bokeh is smooth and round from 9-rounded aperture blades. This means subjects can be pin sharp while the background blur is soft and pleasing. Although this is an enthusiast model Nikon included a focus limit switch which keeps the AF snappy when shooting extremely close to your subject. There’s also a control ring to change aperture, ISO, and more which is a useful addition. If you love close-up photography combined with the 50mm focal length this is a great choice for both full-frame and DX crop sensor mirrorless cameras.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.