Nikon Z 40mm f/2 SE Z-Mount Lens
The Nikon Z 40mm f/2 SE is a compact, lightweight prime lens with a stylish heritage design, which matches the Z fc, that delivers superb image quality with high-speed autofocusing and a versatile focal length.
- Versatile focal length, which is perfect for all day shooting as a walk around option and for natural portraits
- Fast maximum aperture allows you to shoot in low light and renders beautiful smooth out of focus areas and rounded bokeh
- Extremely compact and lightweight Special Edition lens, idea for carrying without getting tired or missing shots from being left in the bag
- Unique heritage lens design which complements cameras like the Nikon Z fc with a distinctive character
- Fast and silent autofocus, perfect for video and discreet shooting when you need to stay quiet
Nikon Z 40mm f/2 (SE) Lens Summary
With a lightweight build and a superb optical performance, the Special Edition (SE) Nikon Nikkor Z 40mm f/2 (SE) lens is perfectly suited for shooting portraits and other subjects. The maximum f/2 aperture allows you to create beautifully rounded bokeh and its 40mm standard focal length emphasises the primary subject. On a DX body (crop sensor) you’ll have a 60mm focal length, which equates to slightly long standard.
The Nikon NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 (SE) lens inherits its design from classic Nikon DSLR lenses, which were released in the same period as the Nikon FM2 film camera - the heritage model that inspired the Z fc. Its arrival expands the choice of mirrorless Nikon lenses, which are suited to the Z fc’s retro design.
The compact size and lightweight nature of the Z 40mm f/2 SE means it doesn’t only look good, but is also perfect for those on the move. Meanwhile, its high-speed and accurate Auto Focus alongside its dust and drip resistant body allows the lens to blend into any lifestyle, enhancing the joy of shooting.
Key Nikon Z 40mm f/2 SE Special Edition Lens Features
- Adoption of a heritage design that matches the Z fc, and that inherits the classic NIKKOR lenses released around the same time as the FM2.
- The bright maximum aperture of f/2 and a 9-blade iris diaphragm provide beautiful round-shaped bokeh.
- The 40 mm focal length supports a standard angle of view ideal for shooting portraits, snapshots and other subjects in a wide variety of scenes.
- The focal length becomes 60 mm when mounted on an APS-C size/DX-format camera.
- Compact and lightweight with a total length of approximately 45.5 mm and weight of approximately 170 g.
- Minimum focus distance of 0.29 m allows users to get close to their subjects.
- Adoption of an STM (stepping motor) enables high-speed and accurate AF with quiet operational sounds while maintaining a compact body size.
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance so that it can be taken anywhere with greater confidence.
- Functions such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned to the control ring.
- Designed with consideration for video recording with extremely quiet operation, effective focus-breathing control, and stable exposure.
- Compact 52 mm filter thread for cost effective lens filters
What’s in the box
- Nikon Z 40mm f/2 (SE) Lens for Nikon Z mount
- LC-52B Lens Cap (Front Cap)
- LF-N1 Lens Cap (Rear Cap)
- Hoya 52mm UX II UV Filter – ideal for protecting the front element from accidental damage
- Tiffen 52mm Variable Neutral Density Filter – a cost-effective variable ND filter for video and long exposures
- Hoya 52mm HD II Circular Polarising Filter – excellent CPL for outdoor photography
- ZEISS Lens Wipes 24 Pack – you can never have too many lens wipes!
- ZEISS Lens Cleaning Kit – everything you need in one kit for maintaining your lenses
|Offers: Price Drop
|Offer Category: N/A
|Offer Product Type: N/A
|Aperture ring: N/A
|Constant Aperture: Yes
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A
|Diameter (mm): N/A
|Length (mm): N/A
|Weight (g): N/A
|Distance scale: N/A
|DoF scale: N/A
|Environmental Sealing: N/A
|Focus distance limiter: N/A
|Focal length: 40 mm
|Focus method: N/A
|Filter Thread: N/A
|Full time manual: N/A
|Hood supplied: N/A
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A
|Lens mount: N/A
|Lens Materials: N/A
|Maximum focal length: 40
|Maximum magnification: N/A
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A
|Max Format size: N/A
|Minimum focal length: 40
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A
|Motor type: N/A
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A
|Power zoom: N/A
|Special elements / coatings: N/A
|Tripod collar: N/A
|Lens type: N/A
|Lens Level: N/A
|Best For: N/A
|Best For Holiday and Landscape: Yes
|Best For Interior and Architecture: N/A
|Best For Fashion and Portrait: N/A
|Best For Macro and Still Life: N/A
|Best For Astro: N/A
|Best For Street: Yes
|Best For Wildlife and Sport: N/A
|Zoom lock: N/A
|Zoom method: N/A
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!