Nikon Z 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens
The Nikon Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens is a versatile all-in-one zoom with stabilisation for crop sensor mirrorless cameras offering a 27-210mm equivalent range, ideal for travel and everyday shooting.
- Ultra compact all-in-one zoom lens for anything from sweeping landscapes to portraits and travel
- Effective vibration reduction (VR) for up to 5 stops of stabilisation helps in low light
- Fast AF system which combines with Eye-Detection AF to keep your subject tack sharp
- Versatile option with extremely close minimum focus distance for close-up, video and more
- Weather resistant design for outdoor shooting and compact 62mm filter thread
Nikon Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens Summary
Crop sensor Nikon Z mirrorless camera users gain an all-in-one zoom option with this ultra compact Nikon Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens. Despite weighing just 315g it brings 5 stops of vibration reduction stabilisation with an equivalent 27-210mm zoom range in full frame format. This combination allows you to capture anything from sweeping landscape vistas to portraits, city scenes and even passing wildlife. If you shoot videos with your camera, whether that’s a Z fc or other body, the Z DX 18-140mm also supports sharp, smooth video recording adding to its versatility.
- Ultra lightweight all-in-one zoom lens weighing 315g
- Excellent quality optics for sharp results
- Up to 5 stops of vibration reduction stabilisation built-in
- Fast AF with full Eye-Detection AF compatibility
- Effective sealing against dust and water
- Minimum focus distance of 0.20 m at the wide end for close-ups
- Great for videos and stills
- Compact 62mm filter thread
Nikon mirrorless camera lenses offer superb image quality and the Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR continues this theme with excellent optics enclosed. 17 elements in 13 groups (including 2 ED glass and 2 aspherical lens elements) deliver the high quality results, despite the compact size and weight.
Nikon Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens In More Detail
Versatile 7.8x zoom lens
The zoom range of this 18-140mm lens offers an equivalent focal width of 27-210mm in full frame format. This gives you plenty of scope for capturing subjects at a distance and those which are far closer. Shoot wide angle landscapes and architecture, standard range portraits and food shots or telephoto wildlife and details. The close minimum focus distance of just 20cm at the widest end also gives an opportunity for capturing abstract shots or very close-up images
Excellent choice for video and photos
With excellent optics, full AF compatibility, built-in vibration reduction stabilisation and a compact form, this lens makes an excellent choice for content creators who shoot both movies and photos with sharp and smooth results.
Lightweight design to go anywhere
If you just want to travel light with one lens, the Z DX 18-140mm is a compelling choice as an all-in-one solution. It weighs just 315g and measures in at 73 x 90 mm so you can leave it on your camera all the time. Going on a trip or heading into town? This lens is the perfect partner for your crop sensor camera.
Nikon’s VR system included in the zoom gives you plenty of advantage if you shoot handheld with 5-stops of compensation. This means you’ll get sharper results for both video and stills even when the light is dimmer.
Dust and water resistance
With such a versatile zoom range you’ll inevitably use this lens outdoors and Nikon has added dust and water droplet resistance so you can keep on shooting even if the conditions are tough.
What’s in the box
- Nikon Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens for crop sensor Nikon cameras
- LC-62B Lens Cap
- LF-N1 Lens Cap
Nikon Nikkor Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens Specifications
|Mount||Nikon Z mount|
|Focal length||18-140 mm|
|Lens construction||17 elements in 13 groups (including 2 ED glass and 2 aspherical lens elements)|
|Angle of view||DX format: 76°-11°30′|
|Focusing system||Internal focusing system|
|Vibration reduction mechanism (lens-shift system w/ voice coil motor)|
|Vibration reduction (VR)||5.0 stops*1|
|When a tripod is used||Disabling the VR function is recommended|
|Diaphragm blades||7 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Aperture system||Automatic aperture with electromagnetic diaphrag|
|Aperture range||18 mm zoom position: f/3.5 - 22 140 mm zoom position: f/6.3 - 40|
|Minimum focus distance||0.2 m from focal plane (18 mm zoom position)|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.33 x (140 mm zoom position)|
|Weight||Approx. 315 g|
|Maximum diameter x length (distance to end of lens from camera lens mount flange)||Approx. 73 x 90 mm|
|Filter-attachment size||62 mm|
|AF drive motor||Stepping motor (STM)|
|Nano Crystal Coat||No|
|Front lens cap||LC-62B Lens Cap (supplied)|
|Rear lens cap||LF-N1 Lens Cap|
|Lens case||CL-C1 Lens Case (Optional)|
|Compatable accessories||62 mm filters|
The Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens makes and excellent all-in-one zoom option, which is capable of capturing excellent quality images and videos. The low weight, ease of use and compact size make this lens an excellent choice if you’ve joined Nikon’s excellent mirrorless Z system from a mobile phone or compact camera. You can shoot various subjects from extremely near to far away, which is ideal when travelling or simply out and about shooting. The VR optical stabilisation also makes sure you can continue shooting in lower light or during sunset, with 5 stops of shake reduction. This works well for both video and stills so you can get more sharp results when handholding.
Nikon’s Z cameras have excellent autofocus systems and the 18-140mm capitalises on Eye-Detection AF to keep your subject tack sharp. Other wins for this model include an exceptionally close minimum focus distance so you can shoot close-ups as well as effective weather resistance for outdoors. Whatever you like to shoot if you love travelling light and bringing less gear with you, this makes a great option for your camera bag.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.