Nikon SB-5000 Speedlight RF Controlled Flash
The Nikon SB-5000 Speedlight is Nikon's first flash that operates using radio frequency, so you can place lights in other rooms or even around corners.
- The new addition of radio frequency operation
- Its ability to control a large number of Speedlights
- Its ability to fire well over 100 shots without overheating
NIKON SB-5000 SPEEDLIGHT RADIO FREQUENCY CONTROLLED FLASH SUMMARY
- Operates using radio frequency
- 30 metre (98 feet) range without direct line of sight
- Advanced Wireless Lighting
- New internal cooling system
- Ability to control up to 6 groups of up to 18 Speedlights
- Up to 120 continuous shots at 5 second intervals
- Versatile bounce ability
Product features in detail
Radio frequency operation
A first for Nikon, the ability to use radio frequency without a direct line of sight at up to 30 metres lets you put lights in separate rooms and around corners, and allows you to work in bright ambient lighting conditions.
Advanced Wireless Lighting
When combined with either the Nikon D5 or D500, and the >Nikon WR-R10 ;and Nikon WRA10, it's possible to control up to six groups (A-F) or eighteen Speedlights for complex wireless lighting. Additionally, you can use up to three groups of radio or optical controlled units by using it with a standard optical control Nikon Speedlight.
Internal cooling system
The new internal cooling system ensures the flash panel doesn't overheat when firing consecutively, so it can fire for longer than standard models without the need to cool down in between bursts. Consequently, it can fire up to 120 continuous shots at five second intervals.
Versatile bounce ability
The SB5000 incorporates versatile bounce ability, so the flash head can tilt up to 90° or down to -7°, and can rotate 180° left or right horizontally.
What else is included in the box?
- AS-22 speedlight stand
- SW-15H diffusion dome
- SZ-4FL fluorescent filter
- SZ-4TN incandescent filter
- SS-5000 soft case
Nikon WR-R10 wireless tranceiver (necessary for remote control operation)
Nikon WR-A10 wireless remote adapter (necessary for remote control operation)
|Offer Category: Studio Lighting|
|Offer Product Type: Nikon Fit Flashguns|
|Guide number: N/A|
|Pan/tilt Head: N/A|
|Zoom head: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
The SB-5000 provides a high degree of flexibility due to its use of radio frequency - thus opening up new possibilities for lighting placements. The newly designed cooling system allows you to fire consecutively for longer than other models. An added bonus is its ability to be used with the optical system, so you can also use older Nikon flashes or even a Nikon SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander unit.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.