Nikon D500 Digital SLR Camera Body
The award winning Nikon D500 DSLR camera body has a 20.9 megapixel sensor, 10fps continuous shooting with 153 AF points, 4K UHD video recording, and an impressive ISO range of 100-51,200.
- The large, clear tilting LCD screen
- Its improved autofocus abilities
- The huge ISO sensitivity range it offers
Nikon D500 Digital SLR Camera Summary
- DX format 20.9 MP APS-C sensor
- ISO sensitivity from 100-51,200, expandable to 50-1,640,000 equivalent
- 4K resolution UHD video recording up to 30p
- 3.2 inch 2359-k dot tilting LCD touch screen
- EXPEED 5 image processing engine
- 153 AF points
- 10fps continuous shooting for up to 200 shots
- SnapBridge support smart device connection
View compatible Nikon F mount lenses here
Product features in detail
The new 20.9 megapixel DX format APS-C sensor captures vivid colours and tones and together with Nikon's new EXPEED 5 engine offers low levels of noise and maximum processing power.
The D500's huge ISO range means it performs exceptionally well in low-light conditions and sets a new standard for what digital SLR cameras can capture.
4K resolution UHD video is included at up to 30p (3840x2160), as well as full HD 1080/60p video at various frame rates, so is of a high enough quality for professional productions. This results in recording times of up to 29 minutes 59 seconds, and the ability to record in-camera 4K time lapse movies is also available.
The tilting 3.2 inch / 8cm 2359k-dot touch screen LCD monitor provides ultra clear images and its 3-axis hinge allows for comfortable shooting from various angles. A variety of functions are available, including touch AF and shutter in still shooting, and instant switching of images using the frame advance bar and text input.
The new Multi-CAM 20k autofocus sensor is comprised of 153-point autofocus system (99 cross sensors) that is also found in the Nikon D5 which ensures excellent subject acquisition in a variety of situations and fills the frame from edge to edge, so tracking and locking onto subjects is easy and accurate. Autofocus capability extends to -4EV with the central point, and -3EV with others, so AF works well in low-light conditions and on low-contrast subjects.
With approximately 10fps continuous shooting - up to 200 shots in 14-bit lossless compressed RAW - capturing that decisive moment is effortless and reliable. Moving subjects are accurately tracked across a wide field of view, thanks to the widest diagonal viewing angle so far seen at approximately 30.8°.
Smart device sharing
The included SnapBridge support allows you to connect the D500 to your smart device using its built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for continuous wireless communication, making it quick and simple to share your images, upload them to NIKON IMAGE SPACE, and eliminating the need to reconnect your devices.
What else is included in the box?
- Nikon EN-EL15 rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Nikon MH-25a battery charger
- DK-17F fluorine-coated finder eyepiece
- UC-E22 USB cable
- USB cable clip
- HDMI cable clip
- AN-DC17 camera strap
- BF-1B body cap
- Nikon SB-5000 speedlight
- Nikon WT-7/A/B/C wireless transmitter
- Nikon MB-D17 multi-power battery pack
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Digital SLR Cameras|
|Model: Nikon D500|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: Contrast Detect|
|Articulated Screen: Tilting|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Battery: Battery Pack|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 1240|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 10.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 21|
|Environmental Sealing: Yes|
|Exposure compensation: 5 stops|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.50|
|Flash modes: On|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 115|
|Length (mm): 81|
|Width (mm): 147|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 860|
|Image ratio w:h: 03:02|
|Camera Image stabilization: No|
|ISO: ISO 100 - 51200 (expandable to 50 - 1640000)|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, normal, basic|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: Nikon F|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 51200|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 1640000|
|Max resolution: 5568 x 3712|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): 1/8000|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): 30|
|Metering modes: Spot|
|Number of focus points: 153|
|Number of white balance presets: 12|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: 4176 x 2784|
|Processor: Expeed 5|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 2359000|
|Screen size: 3.2″|
|Screen type: LCD|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 22.00|
|Sensor size: APS-C|
|Sensor type: CMOS|
|Storage types: SD (UHS-I)|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: DSLR|
|Uncompressed format: RAW + TIFF|
|Camera USB: USB 3.0 (5 GBit/sec)|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: 100%|
|Viewfinder magnification: 1|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: Optical|
|Video formats: MPEG-4|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: 4K (UHD) 30p/25p/24p, 1080/60p/50p/30p/25p/24p, 720/60p/50p|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
With its powerful new autofocus system, EXPEED 5 image processing engine, 4K video capability, and incredibly high ISO sensitivity range, the Nikon D500 combines power and performance to guarantee stunning image quality across all types of applications.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.