Nikon D5 Digital SLR Camera Body Dual XQD Version
With a Hi5 ISO of 3,280,000 the Nikon D5 body with dual XQD slots sets the bar higher than ever. 4K video further adds to impressive DSLR features, as does the new 20.8 MP sensor and EXPEED 5 engine.
- Its unbelievably high ISO rating
- The addition of 4K video
- Its newly improved CMOS sensor
NIKON D5 DIGITAL SLR CAMERA SUMMARY
- New 20.8 MP CMOS sensor
- ISO of 102,400, extended sensitivity Hi5: ISO 3,280,000
- High resolution 4K video
- 2.36 million dot 3.2" LCD touch screen
- EXPEED 5 engine
- 153 autofocus points with a 99-point cross sensor, F8 corresponding 15 points
- Shutter speed of 30 seconds to 1/8000 of a second
- Continuous shooting: 12fps in AF / AE tracking (up to 200 frames in 14 bit lossless compression RAW)
- Continuous shooting speed at the time of the mirror up to 14fps (AF / AE fixed)
- Finder coverage is 100% (FX), magnification is 0.72x
- SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0 Micro-B terminal
- 2 x XQD memory slots
View compatible Nikon F mount lenses here
Information on the Nikon D5 Dual Compact Flash version
Product features in detail
Together, the new 20.8 megapixel FX-format CMOS image sensor and the 180k pixel RGB metering sensor capture a phenomenal level of detail, with more accurate tonal gradations. The new EXPEED 5 engine provides a superior level of image quality throughout the standard ISO range.
One of the most impressive features of the D5 is its ISO sensitivity - Nikon's greatest to date. Ranging from 100 to 102400 and extendable at the Hi5 setting to an incredible 3,280,000, it's hard to imagine conditions in which it wouldn't be able to perform, as you can now shoot further than even the human eye can see.
The D5 is the first Nikon DSLR to allow in camera recording of UHD movies in 4K resolution (3840x2160 pixels) at 30p, 25p, and 24p, and you can capture full HD 1080p video in multiple formats at up to 50p/60p.
The sharp, clear LCD monitor is a 2360k-dot 3.2" / 8cm touch screen that is as responsive as those found on most smartphones. Focus points can be manually changed in Live View mode and it's easy to check images in great detail on the fly.
focusing on the D5 is taken to the next level with 153 autofocus points, 99 cross-type sensors, and sensitivity going to -4EV, so performance in low-light conditions is better than ever. Detection of subjects at the edges is also improved, thanks to cross-type sensors around the periphery of the focusing area, and vertical shooting is also significantly better than on previous models. Furthermore, the full amount of computing power is applied to autofocusing as a result of the new AF ASIC unit.
With AE / AF tracking, you can shoot up to 12fps, or 14fps mirror up. In situations which require fast response, the autofocus tracking is now greatly improved.
In a single high-speed burst, you can record up to 200 NEF or large JPEGs, so high-speed moments can be captured without removing your finger from the shutter release button.
The new USB 3.0 port provides high-speed transfer, up to four times quicker wireless connectivity, and a double speed Ethernet connection.
What Else Is Included in The Box?
- Strap AN-DC15
- Hot shoe cover BS-3
- Eyepiece adapter DK-27
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery EN-EL18A
- Battery charger MH-26a
- Connector cover UF-5
- Connector cover UF-6
- Nikon Speedlight SB-5000
- Wireless remote controller Nikon WR-1
- Fluorine-coated viewfinder eyepiece Nikon DK-17F
- Nikon WT-6 wireless transmitter
- GPS unitNikon GP-1A
- Nikon ME-W1 wireless microphone
- Wireless remote controller - transceiver Nikon WR-R10
- Adapter Nikon WR-A10
- >Nikon Speedlight SB-910
- AC power connector Nikon EP-6
- AC adapter Nikon EH-6B
- Nikon ME-1 microphone
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Digital SLR Cameras|
|Model: Nikon D5|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 3780|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 14.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 21|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.00|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 159|
|Length (mm): 92|
|Width (mm): 160|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 1415|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: Auto, 100 - 102400 (expandable to 50 - 3280000)|
|JPEG quality levels: Fine, standard, basic|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 102400|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): 3280000|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 153|
|Number of white balance presets: 12|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: Expeed 5|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 2359000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 21.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: Yes|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
As well as its impressive new 20.82 megapixel sensor and large, clear LCD touch screen, the Nikon D5 stands well above the competition with its extremely high ISO rating. 4K video is a welcome new addition, as is its new EXPEED 5 image processing engine.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.