Nikon D5 Digital SLR Camera Body Dual CF Version
This product has been discontinued.
The award winning Nikon D5 DSLR camera body with dual CF slots (compact flash), breaks new ground with ISO sensitivity up to 3,280,000, high resolution 4K video, and a new 20.8 megapixel sensor.
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
NIKON D5 DIGITAL SLR Camera - Compact Flash Version SUMMARY
- New 20.8 MP CMOS sensor
- ISO of 102,400, extended sensitivity Hi5: ISO 3,280,000
- 2.36 million dot 3.2? LCD touch screen
- EXPEED 5 engine
- 153 autofocus points with a 99-point cross sensor, F8 corresponding 15 points
- Shutter speed of 30 seconds to 1/8000 of a second
- Continuous shooting: 12fps in AF / AE tracking
- Continuous shooting speed at the time of the mirror up to 14fps (AF / AE fixed)
- Finder coverage is 100% (FX), magnification is 0.72x
- SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0 Micro-B terminal
- 2 x Compact Flash memory slots
View compatible Nikon F mount lenses here
You can view further information on our Nikon D5 dual XQD page. It shares all the same specifications, except it features dual XQD slots rather than dual CF slots.
For more information about both versions of the Nikon D5 or any of our other products and services, please call our experienced staff on 01444 23 70 70 or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Nikon D5 FEATURES IN DETAIL
Together, the new 20.8 megapixel FX-format CMOS image sensor and the 180k pixel RGB metering sensor capture a phenomenal level of detail, with more accurate tonal gradations. The new EXPEED 5 engine provides a superior level of image quality throughout the standard ISO range.
One of the most impressive features of the D5 is its ISO sensitivity - Nikon's greatest to date. Ranging from 100 to 102400 and extendable at the Hi5 setting to an incredible 3,280,000, it's hard to imagine conditions in which it wouldn't be able to perform, as you can now shoot further than even the human eye can see.
The D5 is the first Nikon DSLR to allow in camera recording of UHD movies in 4K resolution (3840x2160 pixels) at 30p, 25p, and 24p, and you can capture full HD 1080p video in multiple formats at up to 50p/60p.
The sharp, clear LCD monitor is a 2360k-dot 3.2" / 8cm touch screen that is as responsive as those found on most smartphones. Focus points can be manually changed in Live View mode and it's easy to check images in great detail on the fly.
focusing on the D5 is taken to the next level with 153 autofocus points, 99 cross-type sensors, and sensitivity going to -4EV, so performance in low-light conditions is better than ever. Detection of subjects at the edges is also improved, thanks to cross-type sensors around the periphery of the focusing area, and vertical shooting is also significantly better than on previous models. Furthermore, the full amount of computing power is applied to autofocusing as a result of the new AF ASIC unit.
With AE / AF tracking, you can shoot up to 12fps, or 14fps mirror up. In situations which require fast response, the autofocus tracking is now greatly improved.
In a single high-speed burst, you can record up to 200 NEF or large JPEGs, so high-speed moments can be captured without removing your finger from the shutter release button.
The new USB 3.0 port provides high-speed transfer, up to four times quicker wireless connectivity, and a double speed Ethernet connection.
WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED IN THE BOX?
- Strap AN-DC15
- Hot shoe cover BS-3
- Eyepiece adapter DK-27
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery EN-EL18A
- Battery charger MH-26a
- Connector cover UF-5
- Connector cover UF-6
- Nikon Speedlight SB-5000
- Wireless remote controller Nikon WR-1
- Fluorine-coated viewfinder eyepiece Nikon DK-17F
- Nikon WT-6 wireless transmitter
- GPS unitNikon GP-1A
- Nikon ME-W1 wireless microphone
- Wireless remote controller - transceiver Nikon WR-R10
- Adapter Nikon WR-A10
- Nikon Speedlight SB-5000
- AC power connector Nikon EP-6
- AC adapter Nikon EH-6B
- Nikon ME-1 microphone
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.