Leica M11 Monochrom Camera
The Leica M11 Monochrom features an exclusive black and white BSI CMOS sensor with up to ISO 200,000 for incredible low light performance and exquisite results from a discreet, highly robust rangefinder design.
- Blend in anywhere through omission of the red Leica logo and dark chrome coating of the optical viewfinder
- Exclusive monochrome BSI CMOS sensor developed for the M11, which draws on 10 years of B&W sensor designs
- Incredible low light capabilities with an ISO range from 125 to 200,000 for impeccable results in near total darkness
- Robust, reliable and durable build-quality with an all-metal body and top plate made of high-quality aluminium
- Shoot with triple resolution and choose from 60MP, 36MP and 18 megapixels in RAW DNG or JPEG formats
Leica M11 Monochrom Summary
Drawing on 10 years experience in developing black and white sensors, the Leica M11 Monochrom features an exclusive BSI CMOS sensor with incredible low light performance. This allows you to capture images at up to ISO 200,000 for exquisite results in low light, from a discreet, robust black rangefinder body design, which omits the red dot Leica logo. The highly desirable camera also features a dark chrome coating on the optical viewfinder, ensuring you can blend in anywhere, without drawing unwanted attention.
The perfectly balanced camera is a precision tool, which is dedicated to black and white photography, and aimed at photographers who compose their images through light and shadow. You can capture extremely sharp black and white images packed with detail at up to 60 megapixels when paired with Leica M lenses. The camera also boasts triple resolution technology, enabling photographers to choose between Raw and JPEG images in 60MP, 36MP and 18 megapixel resolutions, depending on the situation.
Key Leica M11 Monochrom Features
- Black and White BSI CMOS sensor developed exclusively for the M11
- Unmistakable M11 Monochrom character to the camera body and images
- Timeless aesthetic with discreet design
- Choose from triple resolutions of 60MP, 36MP and 18 megapixels
- Double-layer absorption filter glass deliberately omits colour filters
- ISO range from 125 to 200,000
- Manufactured with the highest quality standards
- 256 GB of internal memory
- Bluetooth, USB-C and Leica FOTOS app connectivity
- Legendary quality which comes with ‘Made in Germany’
- Compatible with huge range of Leica M-Lenses
Leica M11 Monochrom in More Detail
Exclusive Black and White BSI CMOS sensor
The Leica M11 Monochrom is able to bring details to light like no camera before thanks to the BSI CMOS sensor, which is a true declaration of love for black and white photography. Thanks to Triple Resolution Technology providing a resolution of up to 60 MP, double-layer absorption filter glass and the deliberate omission of colour filters, the M11 Monochrom raises black-and-white image quality to unprecedented levels.
Even in difficult lighting conditions, you can capture breath-taking dynamic range with unprecedented levels of detail. This is made possible by the ISO range of 125 to 200,000 with extremely low noise results even when shooting at high sensitivity.
Minimalist design without compromise
As with all M cameras, the M11 Monochrom offers a timeless aesthetic within an extremely discreet design. Leica employed a minimalist design philosophy which aims to attract as little attention as possible when shooting. Design edits over the original M11 Black include the omission of the red Leica logo and a dark chrome coating of the optical viewfinder. These simple adjustments allow you to blend in inconspicuously and capture authentic photos, which are anything but inconspicuous.
Legendary Leica quality inside and out
The M11 is perfectly weighted in the hand, not too heavy, yet not too light. It is of course also manufactured with the highest standards, boasting an all-metal body and top plate made of high-quality aluminium, as well as a sapphire glass display and the solid leather finish. These materials and attention to detail ensure durability, robustness and reliability as expected from timeless Leica cameras.
Legendary quality is achieved through the use of high-quality materials and precise manufacturing by hand in the Leica factory, which combine to create a camera that is second to none.
Optimised workflow for on-the-go creators
The Leica M11 Monochrom offers an optimal mobile workflow with 256 GB of internal memory and convenient connectivity to the Leica FOTOS app. Images can be quickly transferred to the app and processed via Bluetooth or USB-C connection. The camera can additionally be controlled via the app and the photos viewed directly on your mobile device with a tethered preview. As a certified Apple ‘Made for iPhone® and iPad®’ accessory, the Leica M11 Monochrom opens up unique possibilities when used in conjunction with the included Leica FOTOS cable.
Compatibility with extraordinary Leica M-Lenses
For over 150 years, Leica has been developing and manufacturing extraordinarily high-performance M lenses which are able to do justice to the M11 Monochrom and its high-resolution sensor. As a result, the camera and each legendary M lens interact as one to produce images of unprecedented quality. This camera joins the release of a new Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Lens Black (also available in Silver), which are perfectly paired with the monochrome body.
What’s in the box
- Leica M11 Monochrom
- Leica FOTOS cable
Many photographers find black and white photography appealing and the Leica M11 Monochrom is designed to scratch that itch. As a fourth generation Rangefinder it is born from many decades of experience, as well as over 10 years manufacturing experience in black and white sensors, with a camera which features an exclusive monochrome BSI CMOS sensor.
Leica optimises the sensor in order for users to be able to capture incredibly detailed, wide dynamic range monochrome shots at up to 60 megapixels, even during low light situations. This means that you can dial-in ISO values up to 200,000 and still come away with memorable shots in virtual darkness. The sensor also facilitates Leica’s latest Triple Resolution technology, which allows you to choose between 18, 36 and full 60 megapixel photos, depending on individual assignments.
Stealth is another attribute which the M11 Monochrom delivers in abundance, with a chic body design, which omits the red dot logo as previous generation Monochrom cameras also did. This is coupled with a dark chrome coating on the optical viewfinder and impeccable build quality throughout the all-metal body, with beautifully designed details. Leica cameras aren’t simply eye candy, and are built to last in order to capture unique images for generations to come.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.