- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Nikon F
The short telephoto prime Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Nikon F captures double life-size 2:1 close-ups with outstanding results thanks to advanced optics with an apochromatic design.
Earn 569 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Tried and tested short telephoto focal length prime, particularly suited to macro and other subjects
- Two times life-size magnification at 2:1 for frame filling details
- Advanced APO optical design helps with sharpness, , aberrations and colour fringing
- Short 0.24m minimum focal distance to get extremely close to the subject
- Easy to find compact 67mm filter thread size facilitates the use of many lens filters
Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens Nikon F (FX) Summary
With a bright aperture and prime short telephoto width the Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Nikon F-mount cameras delivers a 2:1 magnification ratio (2x). This results in double life-size details of close-up subjects with excellent colour rendition and detail thanks to an apochromatic design. Whilst excelling at tele-macro photography and bringing you close to the subject, the 100mm f/2.8 Ultra Macro also works well for more distant subjects including portraits.
Nine aperture blades grace the Nikon version of this lens, ideal for smooth out of focus areas and pleasing bokeh rendition.
Features at a glance
- Double life-size 2:1 macro magnification
- Works with FX full frame and DX crop sensor (150mm equivalent) Nikon DSLR
- Extremely well controlled colo
- Minimum focus distance of just 24.7cm
- Manual focus only for pin sharp results
- Short telephoto prime with apochromatic design
- Compact 67mm filter thread
An advanced optical design includes two low dispersion elements to suppress colour fringing and chromatic aberrations, which have virtually been eliminated by Laowa on this 2x macro lens. Excellent image clarity can be achieved, which can be aided by the lens barrel which offers focus distance and depth of field markings. A maximum aperture of f/22 is available however we generally recommend using slightly lower than maximum to avoid diffraction.
Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Nikon F Sample Images
© Dylan Reynolds
© Andrew McLachlan
© Dylan Reynolds
What’s in the box
- Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2:1 Ultra Macro APO Lens for Nikon F
- Lens hood
- Front and rear lens caps
- B+W 67mm XS-Pro Clear MRC-Nano 007 Filter - a high-end protector filter, which may be a great idea at such close focus distances
- B+W 67mm XS-Pro Kaesemann Circular Polarise Another high quality filter from B+W to reduce glare and reflections from wet surfaces
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
There are a variety of macro lenses available in the huge Nikon DSLR lens range, however this model from Laowa combines practicality and excellent results with an appealing price tag. For some subjects a fully manual focus lens may prohibit users, however it’s extremely common to use manual focusing for macro subjects. This is in part due to the need to pick the point of focus ourselves, as there is so little distance on tiny subjects for a camera to guess correctly. Thankfully the 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Nikon F-mount features distance and depth of field markings to assist you with focus and the results can be spectacular.
Some 100mm prime lenses sometimes have a relatively long minimum focus distance, but this model bucks the trend, able to get as close as 24.7cm. Once again this allows you to get creative with excellent results throughout the frame. Whilst not a featherweight the lens weighs around 638g which feels balanced on a Nikon FX camera body and does allow for extended periods of hand holding. If you enjoy working at short tele lengths then this is the one for you, however if you’re looking for a shorter macro, try the 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens also for Nikon F which offers an ultra wide alternative.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.