- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens for Nikon F
Capture larger than life 5:1 wide angle close-ups with the Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens for Nikon F DSLR, with advanced optics and MF
Earn 399 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Compact and lightweight larger than life-size 5:1 magnification macro prime lens
- Versatile lens with variable minimum focus distance of between 17.3 to 23.4cm for extremely close shots
- Great results with good sharpness and distortion control across the frame
- Manual focus only for precise control of focal point and sharp results
- Compatible with full frame FX and crop sensor DX Nikon DSLR cameras
Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens Nikon F (FX) Summary
Nikon full frame photographers dedicated to macro have a new lens offering from Laowa in the form of this 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens. As a close-up lens it captures a larger than life reproduction ratio of 2.5:1 to 5:1 and close focus distance of 17.3 to 23.4cm depending on magnification. Designed for FX it also works on DX crop sensor F-mount DSLR cameras, providing a cost effective manual-only focus model with great results.
At 25mm the lens affords excellent depth of field which is essential for macro work and the design is optimised to save space and weight at 400g measuring just 82mm x 65mm. This model has no electronic connections and does not offer infinity focus.
Features at a glance
- Ultra Macro with 2.5 - 5x magnification
- Compact and lightweight design
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture
- Great optical performance on Nikon DSLR cameras
- Extended working distance
- Up to 5:1 larger than life magnification
Good contrast, colour, and corner to corner sharpness are rendered by an optical design which includes 8 Elements in 6 groups. Interestingly eight aperture blades have been used, which does allow for smooth transitions to out of focus areas when combined with a wider aperture. An extra-low dispersion element is included to reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing is well controlled. Resulting images demonstrate sharp clarity and a high degree of colour accuracy.
Laowa specialises in unique lenses which offer a cost effective alternative to other Nikon DSLR lenses, such as the 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift Lens for Nikon F and 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens (Nikon F). These models continue the trend of being special featured optics and always come with a twist, such as this option with 5:1 magnification.
Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens for Nikon F Sample Images
© Gua Ge
© YiYe Gu Zhou
© Gua Ge
Whats In The Box
- Laowa 25mm F2.8 2.5-5x Ultra Macro Lens in Nikon F mount
- Front lens cap
- Rear lens cap
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
This lens is well suited for either enthusiast or professional macro photographers. With a compact size and weight it allows you to bring it along anywhere and capture extremely detailed shots, rarely visible to the naked eye. Laowa’s Ultra Macro designation refers to the capability of capturing between 2.5 - 5x magnification, which is considerably larger than a typical 1:1 macro lens. The compact design lets you get into the action as well as mounting on or off-camera Nikon compatible flash units to light your subject. Manual-only focusing is often preferred for extreme close-up work, allowing the photographer to choose the point of focus and accurately focus stack images.
25mm is an extremely wide focal width for a macro prime, which offers a unique field of view along with deeper depth of field from the outset. The aperture range of between f/2.8 and f/22 provides opportunities to adjust the depth of field in the image and an eight-bladed diaphragm renders smooth out of focus areas. This 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro Lens continues in the theme of unique models from Laowa, providing a cost effective and good quality macro option for Nikon users.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.