Fujifilm GF 63mm f2.8 R WR Medium Format Prime Lens
Equivalent to 50mm, this standard length Fujifilm GF 63mm f2.8 R WR prime lens for the medium format GFX system weighs only 405g yet can resolve 100MP resolution with incredible sharpness.
- Beautifully rendered images with extremely high resolving power
- Medium format quality optics without a huge size weighing just 405g
- Fast standard prime with 50mm equivalent focal width
- Weather resistant suitable for outdoor work in poor weather
- Edge to edge sharpness even when shooting wide open at f/2.8
Fujifilm GF 63mm f/2.8 R WR Lens For G Mount
Every system has at least one standard prime lens and the GF 63mm f/2.8 R WR from Fujifilm is just such a prime for GFX medium format cameras. The equivalent focal length in full-frame format is precisely 50mm which is a favoured length for its versatility. You can shoot anything from portraits, street, travel and landscapes to documentary and weddings with a 50mm.
The GF 63mm f/2.8 R WR was developed to render a full 100 megapixels as required by the highest resolution GFX 100S camera and every other model with 50MP or more. As a compact prime it measures just 84x71mm and weighs 405g so can be used without any fuss or fatigue. Results are superb from the 10 elements in 8 groups (including 1 ED lens) with the highest level of sharpness.
When wide open at f/2.8 results are as spectacular from edge to edge so you can shoot confidently in low light or to create smooth bokeh.
- Fuji G Mount Lens compatible with the very highest resolution cameras
- 63mm focal length (35mm equivalent of 50mm)
- Compact and lightweight at only 405g
- 10 lens elements in 8 groups
- High resolution resolving up to 100MP with suppressed aberration variations thanks to the front group extension for focusing
- The perfect 'standard' lens to offer a variation of shooting styles
What’s in the box
- GF 63mm f/2.8 R WR Lens
- Lens Cap FLCP-62II
- Lens rear cap RLCP-002
- Lens hood
- Lens case
- Fujifilm PRF-62 62mm Lens Protector Filter - this does exactly what it says on the tin
- B+W 62mm XS-PRO Digital Variable ND Filter MRC Nano - ideal when shooting video to balance brighter scenes
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses
|Offer Product Type: Fujifilm Medium Format Lenses G mount
|Aperture ring: Yes
|Constant Aperture: Yes
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A
|Diameter (mm): 84
|Length (mm): 71
|Weight (g): 405
|Distance scale: N/A
|DoF scale: N/A
|Environmental Sealing: N/A
|Focus distance limiter: N/A
|Focal length: 63 mm
|Focus method: N/A
|Filter Thread: N/A
|Full time manual: Yes
|Hood supplied: Yes
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A
|Lens mount: N/A
|Lens Materials: N/A
|Maximum focal length: 63
|Maximum magnification: 0.17
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A
|Max Format size: N/A
|Minimum focal length: 63
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.5
|Minimum aperture (number): 32
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A
|Motor type: N/A
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9
|Power zoom: N/A
|Special elements / coatings: 1 ED element
|Tripod collar: N/A
|Lens type: N/A
|Lens Level: N/A
|Best For: N/A
|Best For Holiday and Landscape: Yes
|Best For Interior and Architecture: N/A
|Best For Fashion and Portrait: N/A
|Best For Macro and Still Life: Yes
|Best For Astro: N/A
|Best For Street: Yes
|Best For Wildlife and Sport: N/A
|Zoom lock: N/A
|Zoom method: N/A
A standard 50mm prime lens is often one of the first lenses which is added for any system and the GF 63mm f/2.8 R WR Lens offers that focal length equivalent. It is well suited to a wide range of subjects, with a fast, bright aperture in a lens that is compact and light enough to become a favourite option. Low light performance is strong for this prime G-mount as indeed is bokeh, as it renders extremely smooth out of focus areas.
Even for those using the highest 100 megapixel cameras in the range, the GF 63mm f/2.8 is simply stunning, capable of capturing every pixel of detail which the sensor records. Fujifilm’s WR refers of course to weather sealing which tops off the list of reasons to invest in this very special, compact optic.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!