Fujifilm GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR Lens
The compact Fujifilm GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR Lens is the widest zoom for medium format GFX cameras, with an equivalent 16-28mm (35mm), which has been designed to deliver stunning results at every setting.
- The widest ultra wide angle zoom lens which can be handheld when shooting with medium format GFX cameras
- Compact and lightweight design allows you to handhold the lens and makes the ideal travel and hiking companion
- Extremely high quality results throughout the zoom range and at all apertures even when wide open at f/4
- Render extremely fine details with 100 megapixel resolving power to accompany any GFX MF camera body
- Robust construction with extensive weather sealing and front Fluorine coating as well as anti reflective Nano GI coating
Fujifilm GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR Lens Summary
Despite measuring just 112.5mm long, the compact Fujifilm GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR Lens is the widest G mount lens ever created. It provides an equivalent focal length of 16-28mm in full-frame format, which is perfect for subjects such as landscapes, architecture and interiors. The relatively lightweight 725g lens also makes a great option for travel, with a constant f/4 aperture supporting handheld shooting, while an internal zoom mechanism maintains overall size.
Advanced optics render high resolution images up to 100-megapixels, with edge-to-edge sharpness when used with any Fuji medium format cameras, including the flagship GFX 100S. Whether you hike to your shot or travel by plane, the GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR is as portable as it is versatile. Fuji’s fast stepping motor is accurate for those who use AF, and the lens is well sealed against the elements for outdoor photography.
- Ultra wide medium format zoom lens with equivalent 16-28mm in full-frame format
- Constant f/4 aperture throughout the range
- Advanced optical design delivers stunning results
- Compact size at 112.5mm long and 725g weight
- Fuji’s stepping motor delivers fast, near-silent autofocus
- 9-bladed aperture design
- Close minimum focus distance of 35cm
- Φ82mm filter thread
- Extensive weather sealing in 12 places and -10ºC operation
- Fluorine coated front element and Fujifilm’s Nano GI coating
Fujifilm GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR Lens in More Detail
The widest GF lens ever
With a 35mm equivalent focal range of 16-28mm, the Fuji GF20-35mmF4 R LM WR brings the most popular wide angle zoom to the GFX System. This provides landscape, travel and architectural photographers with limitless options to harness the system’s 1.7x larger than full-frame sensor.
The medium format zoom lens also delivers the convenience of a constant f/4 maximum aperture throughout its focal range, ensuring consistent exposure and fast, accurate autofocusing. This makes the GF20-35mm the perfect all-in-one ultra wide angle lens for MF photographers.
Stunning results at every setting
The optical construction of GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR is made up of 14 elements in ten groups, which includes three aspherical, one ED aspherical and three ED elements, which effectively control distortion and chromatic aberration.
As a result, the zoom delivers high resolution images up to 100 megapixels with edge-to-edge sharpness at all focal lengths and even when wide open. Optical quality is further enhanced through Fujifilm’s unique Nano GI coating technology, which cuts down reflected light, reducing ghosting and flare, while also boosting sharpness, colour and detail in your image.
Perfect for travel
A compact design makes it easy to forget the GF 20-35mm f/4 is a medium format zoom lens. It measures just 112.5mm and weighs 725g, which is ideal for carrying to any location and also makes a great choice for longer hikes to your location. An internal zoom mechanism makes for easy handling whilst maintaining overall dimensions when zooming.
Fast AF and confident handling
The Fujifilm GF20-35mmF4 R WR shows minimal breathing throughout the range which results in consistent framing, while a stepping motor delivers fast, near-silent autofocus down to 35cm for quick subject acquisition.
Built to create in all conditions
As with all G Mount lenses, the GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR features a weather-resistant design with extensive sealing across 12 points, which protect the lens from dust and moisture. It can also be operated in temperatures as low as -10°C (14°F). The front element also features a fluorine coating, to repel water, fingerprints and other marks and making it easier to keep clean.
What’s in the box
- Fujifilm GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR Lens for medium format GFX cameras
- Front lens cap FLCP-82
- Rear lens cap RLCP-002
- Lens hood
- Lens pouch
Fujifilm GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR Lens Specifications
|14 elements in 10 groups (includes 3 aspherical,1 aspherical ED and 3 ED elements)
|Focal length (35mm format equivalent)
|Angle of view
|Number of blades
|9(rounded diaphragm opening)
|Minimum focus distance (mesured from focal plane)
|External dimensions : Diameter x Length* (approx.) *distance from camera lens mount flange
|Weight* (approx.) *excluding caps,hoods and Tripod collar foot
|Offer Category: N/A
|Offer Product Type: N/A
|Aperture ring: Yes
|Constant Aperture: Yes
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A
|Diameter (mm): 89
|Length (mm): 113
|Weight (g): 725
|Distance scale: N/A
|DoF scale: N/A
|Environmental Sealing: N/A
|Focus distance limiter: N/A
|Focal length: 20-35mm
|Focus method: N/A
|Filter Thread: N/A
|Full time manual: Yes
|Hood supplied: Yes
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A
|Lens mount: N/A
|Lens Materials: N/A
|Maximum focal length: 35
|Maximum magnification: N/A
|Maximum aperture (number): 4
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A
|Max Format size: N/A
|Minimum focal length: 20
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.35
|Minimum aperture (number): 22
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A
|Motor type: N/A
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9
|Power zoom: N/A
|Special elements / coatings: Three aspherical, one aspherical extra-low dispersion (ED), three ED elements.
|Tripod collar: N/A
|Lens type: N/A
|Lens Level: N/A
|Best For: N/A
|Best For Holiday and Landscape: Yes
|Best For Interior and Architecture: Yes
|Best For Fashion and Portrait: N/A
|Best For Macro and Still Life: Yes
|Best For Astro: Yes
|Best For Street: Yes
|Best For Wildlife and Sport: N/A
|Zoom lock: N/A
|Zoom method: N/A
Designed for architectural, interior and landscape photographers in particular, the Fujifilm GF 20-35mm f/4 R WR Lens arrives as the widest zoom in the G mount lens range. The portable optic offers a wider focal length than the GF 32-64mm F4 R LM WR and is faster than the GF 35-70mm F/4.5-5.6 WR Lens.
A compact and relatively lightweight design allows you to travel and hike to your destinations, while also making this an excellent option for travel and city exploration. Fuji’s optical design harnesses the full potential of ultra high resolution medium format GFX cameras, while also rendering extremely well-controlled aberrations. The results are exquisite as you would expect with low distortion and extremely fine colour and details, even when shooting wide open at the constant f/4 aperture.
Fujifilm’s stepping motor delivers fast, near-silent autofocus, and the internal zoom mechanism maintains lens dimensions at any focal length. When combined with IBIS you can handhold even in low light conditions and capture pin sharp high resolution results, especially when harnessing camera body stabilisation.
As with all G mount lenses, the GF 20-35mm f/4 includes comprehensive weather sealing for outdoor shooters, as well as a Fluorine coated front element. Fuji has also included their proprietary Nano GI coating, which reduces ghosting and flare effectively. If you capture suitable subjects there’s no competition for this ultra wide angle lens, which performs incredibly well at any setting.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.
Peace of mind with our 6 month warranty
This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result. The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Anything that isn’t as you would expect, we then make a note of and show this in the condition notes on the page.
So you can be confident you are buying a great piece of kit that’s been looked after by a fellow photographer and seen many extraordinary sights, tested by our team of photographers and now looking forward to being set free to capture more great images!