DJI RS 3 Gimbal Stabiliser
The DJI RS 3 Gimbal Stabiliser is packed with technology for solo creators and filmmakers, including dual-layered QR plates for quick set-up, wireless control, automated axis locks and much more for creative control.
- Third generation stabilisation for solo creators and filmmakers packed with professional features for quicker operation
- Fast camera mounting using dual-layered quick-release plates and quicker battery swaps thanks to a new cartridge design
- Colour 1.8" OLED touchscreen providing easy control, along with an instant mode switch and customisable front dial
- Improved stabilisation algorithm, automated axis locks and SuperSmooth mode for long lenses and fast action
- Smartphone monitoring and remote control as well as wireless operation after pairing with your camera
DJI RS 3 Gimbal Stabiliser Summary
The third generation DJI RS 3 Gimbal Stabiliser is designed to provide the highest levels of creative control for solo content creators and filmmakers who need professional stabilisation. The RS 3 is designed for speed, with quick camera mounting onto dual-layered quick-release plates, a newly added fine balance front knob and automatically locking axes to shoot within seconds after start-up.
This latest gimbal stabiliser from DJI also supports wireless shutter control after pairing with your camera and the RS 3 gimbal can be controlled and monitored with your smartphone using the Ronin app. Stabilisation is provided by DJI’s third generation algorithm, which is smoother than ever and includes SuperSmooth mode, perfect for longer lenses (100mm equivalent) and faster moving action.
A new 1.8" OLED colour touchscreen is 80% larger than the previous model and switching between modes is faster thanks to a new gimbal mode switch. There’s also a new customisable front dial to streamline your workflow, as is the case with the battery grip, which features a cartridge design that is quicker to swap and more compact.
- Fast camera mounting with dual-layered quick-release plates
- Automated axis locks
- Wireless shutter control
- 20% better stability with high weight-to-payload ratio
- SuperSmooth mode for longer lenses and fast moving action
- New 1.8" OLED colour touchscreen control
- Instant mode switching
- Customisable front dial
- Smartphone monitoring and remote control
- QR cartridge battery with 12-hour operating time and fast charging
DJI RS 3 Gimbal Stabiliser in More Detail
Mounting a camera onto the DJI RS 3 is fast and convenient thanks to dual-layered quick-release plates and there’s no need to re-balance the gimbal after swapping out a new battery or memory card. A newly added fine-tuning knob on the tilt axis also allows the camera to slide forward or backward with millimetre-grade precision, making it easier than ever to achieve accurate balancing when changing lenses.
Automated Axis Locks
When the gimbal is powered off, you can simply press and hold the power button and the three axes unlock while the gimbal expands automatically, allowing you to start working within seconds. Press the power button once and the axes automatically lock and enter sleep mode, making transportation and travel significantly more efficient at the touch of a button. Press and hold the power button and it will fold and lock automatically, all resulting in quicker and easier operation.
Wireless Shutter Control
The DJI RS 3 supports wireless shutter control through Dual-Mode Bluetooth, saving time and effort. After initial Bluetooth pairing, you can control video and photo by simply pressing the record button on the stabiliser. Previously paired cameras can automatically reconnect after the first use, eliminating the need for a camera control cable, providing intuitive and efficient wireless operation.
Professional Stabilisation with Excellent Weight-to-Payload Ratio
At just 1.3 kg with the battery grip and quick-release plates, the RS 3 can be easily handheld with just one hand, while the 3kg load capacity is plenty to support mainstream cameras, including the Sony A7S III (approx 614g) or Canon R5 (approx 650g) with a pro 24-70mm f/2.8 lens.
3rd Generation RS Stabilisation Algorithm
Thanks to the next-generation RS stabilisation algorithm, the DJI RS 3 provides enhanced stability when shooting in any scenario. Lab testing shows a 20% increase in stability over the previous model, for effortless low-angle shots, running and gunning or switching between high and low positions.
SuperSmooth mode delivers even smoother results with increased motor torque to further enhance stabilisation. This delivers stable footage even in fast-moving scenes or when 100mm-equivalent focal width lenses are mounted on your camera.
1.8" OLED Colour Touchscreen
The RS 3 comes with a 1.8-inch OLED full-colour touchscreen with an 80% larger display than the BW screen on the RS 2. It also supports most Ronin app settings, providing intuitive and precise control together with a redesigned user interface.
Instant Switching Between modes
Simply slide the new gimbal mode switch and you can alternate between Pan follow, Pan and Tilt follow, as well as FPV modes. The FPV mode selection is also customisable to 3D Roll 360, Portrait or Custom, allowing you to adjust your equipment and get started efficiently.
Customisable Front Dial
The front dial gives you control over zoom or focus and can also be customised to control the camera's shutter, aperture, ISO, or gimbal movements. This makes it easier than ever to refine single-handed operation and control your camera.
Smartphone Monitoring and Control
The RS 3 supports Ronin Image Transmitter (previously known as Ronin RavenEye Image Transmitter) to transmit 1080p/30fps HD live feeds directly to your mobile device. This provides 200 meters maximum transmission distance  and the end-to-end transmission latency as low as 60 ms. A smartphone can also be attached to the NATO port on the RS 3, with the phone holder for wireless monitoring.
Remotely adjust camera exposure directly in the Ronin app, or control the gimbal with the virtual joystick to get an integrated monitoring and control experience. It couldn’t be simpler.
With the Ronin Image Transmitter, a smartphone can be used as a motion controller to remotely control the RS 3 gimbal for more flexible and dynamic camera movements.
Quick-Release Battery Built for Pros
The new RS 3 battery grip features a cartridge design making it easier to swap batteries and smaller for storage compared with RSC 2 and can even be charged independently from the gimbal.
12-Hour Operating Time and Fast Charging
The new battery grip provides an extended runtime of up to 12 hours,  enough to handle continuous shooting throughout the day. It supports 18W PD fast charging with a charge time of just 2.5 hours. It can even be used while charging to keep RS 3 powered almost indefinitely.
New DJI RS 3 accessories
DJI RS Briefcase Handle 2022
The redesigned DJI RS Briefcase Handle 2022 is foldable for easy storage and comes with a new ergonomic handle, making it easier and quicker to install and switch to Briefcase mode. The built-in cold shoe mount and 1/4"-20 mounting holes can connect to external monitors for shooting assistance, while making low-angle camera movements more intuitive.
All-New Focus Motor
The next-generation DJI RS Focus Motor 2022 provides torque three times stronger (up to 1 Nm) and audible noise is reduced by 50%. This delivers a smoother focusing experience and reduces the effect on audio recording. It also adopts a quick-release structure, allowing it to be assembled easily without any tools for faster use.
Vertical Camera Mount
Install the Vertical Camera Mount (previously available and compatible with RS 2) to attach the camera vertically to RS 3 gimbal, while avoiding camera ports. This provides easy portrait shooting at different angles, perfect for high-quality social media vertical content.
RS 3 accessories contribute to making it easier and more intuitive to create incredible content for your channels.
- Flexible Handling
- Multiple Operation Modes
- Vertical Mode
- Briefcase Mode
- Underslung Mode
- Transportation and Storage
- Check camera compatibility list for detailed information on supported camera models.
- Requires camera control cable. Check the camera compatibility list for detailed information on supported camera models.
- Sold separately.
- Tested in a closed environment in favourable conditions and an unobstructed wireless signal using the FCC and SRRC standard (max 100 m using the CE standard). Actual results may vary.
- Measured with the equipment in a level and stationary state, the gimbal balanced, three axes in an active state, and the battery only powering the gimbal.
- Some accessories sold separately
What’s in the box
- DJI RS 3 Gimbal x1
- BG21 Grip x1
- USB-C Charging Cable (40 cm) x1
- Lens-Fastening Support x1
- Extended Grip/Tripod (Plastic) x1
- Quick-Release Plate (Arca-Swiss/Manfrotto) x1
- Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C, 30 cm) x1
- Screw Kit x1
DJI may be best known for their drones, but professional video creators are very familiar with the RS Ronin handheld stabiliser range. This third generation RS 3 adds a host of new features and technology, all designed to make it quicker and easier to capture professional video and stills content. Pairing your camera is easy through bluetooth, which then allows camera control from the gimbal itself. You can also mount and remove you camera more quickly, as well as switch between modes with a new mode switch. Operation start-up is simpler and even the battery is quicker to change with the new generation design, which provides up to 12 hours operation.
DJI added a new colour touchscreen, which is larger than the previous gen and a customisable knob provides yet more control for single-handed use. The app has been overhauled to include the new gimbal, for more intuitive monitoring and remote control via your smartphone.
What hasn’t changed with the DJI RS 3 is the excellent weight to payload ratio, with a 3kg limit on a compact 1.3kg gimbal. This allows you to mount virtually any professional video-capable camera and a standard zoom lens with ease, for professional stabilisation whether you’re a solo creator or filmmaker in a large-scale production. Enjoy easy-to-use shooting modes and a host of accessories all designed to help you take your content to the next level.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.