- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Canon RF 50mm lens f/1.2 L USM
Setting new standards of optical quality and speed, this 50mm f/1.2 prime lens offers supreme sharpness, plus remarkable low-light performance that will appeal to both photographers and videographer
Earn 2589 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- The super-fast f/1.2 aperture gives you a lot of creative options for depth of field
- Excellent in low light conditions
- L-series image quality and build quality
Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens Summary
The Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 L USM has an extremely fast, bright aperture with supreme sharpness. That allows you to get remarkable low light performance that appeals to both photographers and videographers. It also means that you have a lot of creative power when it comes to depth of field.
- Super-fast, bright f/1.2 aperture
- Fast and precise optical performance
- Built for professional, everyday use
The ultimate 50mm lens
RF 50mm f/1.2L USM delivers a new kind of optical of performance in full-frame photography. Outstanding clarity and sharpness means you'll see noticeably more detail, even right at the edges of the frame.
A great lens for...
The lens's 50mm focal length has a similar perspective to that of the human eye, and a super-wide f/1.2 aperture that allows for extremely shallow depth of field - ideal for emphasising pin-sharp features like eyes against a soft, out-of-focus background.
With its fast-maximum aperture and ability to focus exceptionally quickly, the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM is the perfect street photography lens, offering new levels of definition when shooting in available light.
Printing a photograph that's been captured with a lens like the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM is pure joy. Levels of detail are incredible, enabling fine-art photographers to produce ever-more impressive works for exhibition.
The widest of wide apertures
The f/1.2 maximum aperture of the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM is the widest available in the Canon EOS line-up. It gives both photographers and filmmakers the ability to shoot with extremely shallow depth of field – a great way to emphasise a subject against a complicated background.
Super sensitive in low light
The ability to work with such wide apertures lets photographers use fast shutter speeds in low-light conditions, which can freeze both subject movement and camera shake. The RF 50mm f/1.2L USM is a great tool for capturing the atmosphere of any moment using only available light.
A ring-type USM autofocus system, more usually found in Canon's super telephoto lenses, moves the large glass elements found in the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM with ease. Sharp focus is found swiftly and accurately, and objects can be tracked and followed as they move around the frame.
Robust and responsive – designed for professionals
The RF 50mm f/1.2L USM is a member of the Canon L-Series range and is sealed against dust and moisture¹. A customisable Lens Control Ring provides direct access to camera settings, offering a manual feel with heightened control.
A slightly more affordable version of the nifty fifty lens is available for Canon mirrorless cameras in the form of the RF 50mm f/1.8 lens here. Explore our full line-up of Canon mirrorless lenses here to extend the reach of your lens collection.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 90|
|Length (mm): 108|
|Weight (g): 950|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50.0|
|Maximum magnification: 0.190|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.20|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 50.0|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.40|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16.00|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 10|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Ground aspherical + aspherical _+ UD elements, Air Sphere and fluorine coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
With the RF 50mm f/1.2 L USM lens, Canon have created a fantastic lens with an extremely fast, bright aperture allowing you both excellent low light performance and a lot of creative options for depth of field.
With stunning image quality and equally stunning out of focus elements, this is a lens that will appeal to both photographers and videographers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.