Canon RF 50mm lens f/1.2 L USM
Setting new standards of optical quality and speed, this 50mm f/1.2 prime lens offers supreme sharpness, plus remarkable low-light performance that will appeal to both photographers and videographer
- The super-fast f/1.2 aperture gives you a lot of creative options for depth of field
- Excellent in low light conditions
- L-series image quality and build quality
Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens Summary
The Canon RF 50mm f/1.2 L USM has an extremely fast, bright aperture with supreme sharpness. That allows you to get remarkable low light performance that appeals to both photographers and videographers. It also means that you have a lot of creative power when it comes to depth of field.
- Super-fast, bright f/1.2 aperture
- Fast and precise optical performance
- Built for professional, everyday use
The ultimate 50mm lens
RF 50mm f/1.2L USM delivers a new kind of optical of performance in full-frame photography. Outstanding clarity and sharpness means you'll see noticeably more detail, even right at the edges of the frame.
A great lens for...
The lens's 50mm focal length has a similar perspective to that of the human eye, and a super-wide f/1.2 aperture that allows for extremely shallow depth of field - ideal for emphasising pin-sharp features like eyes against a soft, out-of-focus background.
With its fast-maximum aperture and ability to focus exceptionally quickly, the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM is the perfect street photography lens, offering new levels of definition when shooting in available light.
Printing a photograph that's been captured with a lens like the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM is pure joy. Levels of detail are incredible, enabling fine-art photographers to produce ever-more impressive works for exhibition.
The widest of wide apertures
The f/1.2 maximum aperture of the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM is the widest available in the Canon EOS line-up. It gives both photographers and filmmakers the ability to shoot with extremely shallow depth of field – a great way to emphasise a subject against a complicated background.
Super sensitive in low light
The ability to work with such wide apertures lets photographers use fast shutter speeds in low-light conditions, which can freeze both subject movement and camera shake. The RF 50mm f/1.2L USM is a great tool for capturing the atmosphere of any moment using only available light.
A ring-type USM autofocus system, more usually found in Canon's super telephoto lenses, moves the large glass elements found in the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM with ease. Sharp focus is found swiftly and accurately, and objects can be tracked and followed as they move around the frame.
Robust and responsive – designed for professionals
The RF 50mm f/1.2L USM is a member of the Canon L-Series range and is sealed against dust and moisture¹. A customisable Lens Control Ring provides direct access to camera settings, offering a manual feel with heightened control.
A slightly more affordable version of the nifty fifty lens is available for Canon mirrorless cameras in the form of the RF 50mm f/1.8 lens here. Explore our full line-up of Canon mirrorless lenses here to extend the reach of your lens collection.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 90|
|Length (mm): 108|
|Weight (g): 950|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50.0|
|Maximum magnification: 0.190|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.20|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 50.0|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.40|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16.00|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 10|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Ground aspherical + aspherical _+ UD elements, Air Sphere and fluorine coatings|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
With the RF 50mm f/1.2 L USM lens, Canon have created a fantastic lens with an extremely fast, bright aperture allowing you both excellent low light performance and a lot of creative options for depth of field.
With stunning image quality and equally stunning out of focus elements, this is a lens that will appeal to both photographers and videographers.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.