Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro Lens
With a compact size, portable weight and great results in low light, the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro Lens is ideal for varied subjects, from 1:2 macro, portraits, street photography, travel and landscapes.
- Compact and extremely portable slightly wide angle lens with a classic focal width for street, portraits, landscape and travel
- Capture macro images with a magnification of 0.5x for large frame-filling close-up details and textures
- Includes built-in optical image stabilisation for up to 5-stops of compensation when shooting handheld
- Great sharpness and clarity from an optical formula, which renders rich details across the frame
- A bright maximum aperture allows you to experiment with shallow depth of field and render smooth backgrounds
Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro Lens Summary
The Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro Lens is a versatile full-frame wide angle lens for Canon mirrorless cameras, which is perfectly suited to portraits and street photography, as well as close-up macro photography.
With a weight of just 305g this is an extremely compact and portable mirrorless RF lens, which is able to capture detail and sharpness even at low shutter speeds thanks to image stabilisation (IS). If you enjoy filming the RF 35mm f/1.8 delivers silent STM autofocusing and natural focus transition with smooth and steady results.
A bright maximum f/1.8 aperture is ideal for low light and even night photography, and the lens included a 9-bladed aperture, which contributes to rounded bokeh and smooth background blur in the image. When capturing portraits and other subject photography these help to show off your subject and eliminate background distractions.
Its wide field of view provides the opportunity to capture close-up work with more of the subject background in the frame, as apposed to the Canon RF 100mm F2.8 L Macro IS USM Lens, which offers a much tighter field of view. To illuminate these types of environmental macro shots, especially when shooting at a narrow aperture you can add a macro ring light such as the Canon Macrolite Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX II.
Key Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro Features
- Versatile slightly wide angle lens for landscapes, portraits, travel and macro
- 5-stops of image stabilisation
- Bright maximum aperture for low light and shallow depth of field
- Advanced optical design with excellent results
- Customisable Control Ring
- 9-bladed aperture for rounded bokeh
- Great choice for video with quiet STM focusing
- Closest Focusing Distance 0.17 m
- 0.5x magnification for 1:2 macro capabilities
- Super Spectra coating minimises ghosting and flare
- Compact 52mm filter thread
Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro Lens in More Detail
The Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro Lens is a versatile option for both portraiture and street photography. Its wide-angle capability allows you to capture stunning detail and sharpness, even in challenging lighting conditions while exploring distant cities and landscapes, while travelling.
The lens boasts a fast f/1.8 maximum aperture, enabling you to effortlessly capture shots with natural light, making it an excellent choice for shooting in dimly lit environments. Whether you're exploring the streets or capturing the a beautiful portrait, this Canon lens delivers exceptional performance and allows you to unleash your creative vision with ease and precision.
With a macro magnification of up to 1:2, the RF 35mm f/1.8 allows you to delve into a world of intricate details and textures. Whether you're capturing delicate flower petals or finer textures from everyday objects, the lens delivers stunning results, with a new dimension for your photography.
Elevate your landscape photography with the Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM lens, with provides outstanding image quality that is perfect for capturing breathtaking landscapes or creating large fine-art prints for exhibitions, when paired with high-resolution sensors found in certain cameras, such as the EOS R5.
The lens's exceptional sharpness and reaches to the corners of your frame and is rendered with clarity and precision. Whether you're capturing scenic vistas or intricate natural details, this prime lens delivers high performance, making it an excellent choice for landscape enthusiasts and professional photographers alike.
Discover more about why use a 35mm lens and which other subjects are suited to this classic focal width.
With a compact 52mm thread you can add affordable lens filters to enhance any type of photography and video content. Whether you want a lens protector such as the Hoya 52mm UX II UV Filter when shooting close to the subject, or a Hoya 52mm Ultra Pro Circular Polariser to help reduce reflections and glare you’ll find every filter you need at a competitive price.
What’s in the box
- Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro Lens
Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS STM Macro Lens Specifications
Angle of View (Horzntl, Vertl, Diagnl)
54°, 38°, 63°
Lens Construction (Elements/Groups)
Number of Diaphragm Blades
Closest Focusing Distance (m)
Maximum Magnification (x)
Image Stabiliser OIS
Filter Diameter (mm)
Max. Diameter x Length (mm)
74.4 x 62.8
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Canon Mirrorless Lenses|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 74|
|Length (mm): 63|
|Weight (g): 305|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 35 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35.0|
|Maximum magnification: 0.500|
|Maximum aperture (number): 1.80|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 35.0|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.17|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22.00|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 aspherical element, Super Spectra Coating|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.