Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM Lens
The Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM is the world's first wildlife and sports zoom lens with this reach for distant subjects, that also features image stabilisation, a portable design and accepts RF extenders.
Order today to secure first available stock, we will only charge upon despatch. We will place you in our order list, fulfilled first-come, first-served when stock is received.
Earn 2299 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Chat with a Canon product specialist about this productChat now
- World’s first super telephoto zoom lens, which reaches 800mm at the long end for extremely distant subjects
- Lightweight design at just over 2kg and effective IS of 5.5-stops, rising to 7.5-stops when combined with IBIS
- Fast and near-silent Nano USM focus motor technology provides smooth and quiet autofocus
- High image quality from advanced optics, which include UD lens elements to control chromatic aberrations
- Great choice for bird and wildlife photography, sports and action, or events which are a long way off from the photographer
Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM Lens Summary
Canon has set another world first for mirrorless EOS R camera users with the super telephoto Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM Lens. With a maximum 800mm focal width it offers the world’s longest zoom range for sports and wildlife photographers who capture distant subjects, while remaining extremely portable and lightweight at just 2050g. To cover subjects at even greater distances you can even mount the RF Extender 1.4x or 2x RF Extender, for up to 1600mm of versatile zoom reach.
Built-in image stabilisation (IS) reduces camera shake by 5.5-stops, which increases to an impressive 7.5-stops when combined with body stabilisation, which is found in cameras throughout the EOS R range. IS at this level ensures photographers are able to shoot in low light scenarios while handholding the lens, and still come away with sharp results.
A Nano USM motor delivers smooth and quiet AF, and you can expect consistently high image quality thanks to the optical design, which includes UD lens elements to reduce chromatic aberration.
Photographers who opt to customise their Canon mirrorless lenses benefit from a combined focus and control ring that can be programmed to change various settings such as shutter speed, aperture, exposure compensation and ISO.
The RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM super telephoto lens is also designed to be weather resistant for reliable performance in poor conditions outdoors. Furthermore, Canon’s tried-and-tested Super Spectra Coating helps to reduce flare and ghosting when shooting backlit images, or scenes with lots of incidental light.
Key Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM Lens Features
- Compact and lightweight super telephoto zoom weighing just 2050g
- High image quality with UD elements
- Smooth and quiet Nano USM focus motor
- 5.5-stops image stabilisation increases to 7.5-stops with combined body IBIS
- Weather resistant design
- Combined customisable focus/control ring
- Super Spectra Coating reduces ghosting and flare
- Compatible with RF extenders
- Minimum focus distance of 0.8m
Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM Lens in More Detail
Super telephoto for wildlife and sports
With a 200-800mm zoom range the RF 200-800mm is the most versatile super telephoto lens for wildlife, sports and other distant subjects. The minimum focus distance of 0.8m further expands its versatility, while compatibility with optional lens teleconverters (extenders) means that you can zoom in even closer to the action, no matter how distant.
A compact design and weight of around 2kg allows you to work handheld for longer periods without a tripod or monopod, although additional support can be of benefit in situations where your position remains static.
Fast and quiet AF
Canon has employed their Nano USM motor technology, which combines the speed of ring-type USM with quiet and smooth STM focusing. This system delivers precise smooth focusing with fine control over speed, as well as near-silent operation, as seen in models such as the RF 100-500mm, RF 24-70mm F/2.8L and similar USM lenses. Whether the subject is stationary or fast moving this super telephoto lens keeps up with high speed and precision.
Up to 7.5-stops image stabilisation
Despite its compact and lightweight design, the RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 Lens includes built-in image stabilisation, which reduces camera shake by 5.5-stops.
Canon’s combined lens and body stabilisation is also extremely effective, increasing shake reduction up to 7.5-stops when combined with a camera such as the EOS R3, EOS R5 and R6 Mark II to name a few.
This enables you to work in lower light at slower shutter speeds, while maintaining image quality by keeping ISO as low as possible. The outcome is a greater number of sharp images during challenging situations, whether capturing birds in flight or wind surfers at sunset.
Advanced optics for high image quality
In order to render high image quality Canon has developed an optical design for the 200-800mm RF, which includes UD lens elements. Ultra-low-dispersion (UD) lenses, utilise optical glass with a low refractive index and low dispersion, resulting in reduced chromatic aberration and high image quality.
Furthermore, a multi-layered Super Spectra Coating eliminates ghosting and flare caused by lens surface reflections, while maintaining optimum colour balance. This enables you to capture backlit subjects with higher contrast and reduced flare in the results.
Customisation and control
In line with many Canon mirrorless lenses, the RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM combines a focus ring with control ring. The ability to manual focus is ideal in particular situations, while the control ring can be customised to adjust camera settings and enhance your workflow.
Weather resistant design
For reliable use during inclement conditions the RF 200-800mm lens is sealed in several locations. When combined with a weather sealed camera body you can shoot in light rain and dusty environments with less worrying about inclement conditions.
Sample 01 bird photography with EOS R5 @ 800mm. Camera settings: 1/400sec. f/9. ISO 5000
Sample 02 squirrel with EOS R5 @ 800mm. Camera settings: 1/250sec. f/9. ISO 6400
Sample 03 squirrel with EOS R5 @ 800mm. Camera settings: 1/800sec. f/9. ISO 5000
What’s in the box
- Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM Lens
- Canon ET-101 Lens Hood
- Canon E-95 Lens Cap
- Canon Lens Dust Cap RF
- Lens Strap
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thanks to a combination of zoom reach, high image quality and optical stabilisation, the Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM super telephoto lens is an attractive choice for bird and wildlife photography, sports or other distant subjects.
When shooting at 800mm or with an optional lens teleconverter the frame can be filled with details from your subject, whether that be surfers, kayakers or details from a sporting event. You can more effectively capture aircraft overhead, outdoor events, and even zoom in to fill the frame with the moon if you choose.
Despite being extremely lightweight at 2050g this Canon lens includes highly effective image stabilisation, with up to 7.5-stops advantage when combined with camera IBIS. With so much stabilisation to hand you are better equipped to capture sharp results in low light and challenging situations, whilst retaining high image quality when using lower ISO values.
Focusing is responsive and quiet thanks to tried-and-tested Nano USM technology, which helps you keep up even with fast moving subjects quite effectively. The lens can be customised via the control ring, which doubles as the manual focus ring, opening up plenty of opportunities to streamline the lens to suit your workflow and capitalise on unique demands for different subjects.
Look no further than the RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM if you capture distant subjects and need to get closer to the action with a single, extremely versatile super telephoto zoom.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.