This product has been discontinued.
Canon EOS 5DS Digital SLR Camera Body
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 1010040C
Canon EOS 5DS DSLR Camera SUMMARY
Compatible Canon lenses (excluding EF-S / EF-M lenses)
|Product features in detail|
Canon have incorporated a gigantic 50.6 megapixel sensor into the EOS 5DS which captures unprecedented levels of detail, and allows you to extensively crop in and still retain incredible detail and clarity. It features built-in 1.3x and 1.6x cropped shooting modes that produce 30.5 and 19.6Mp files respectively.
The Canon EOS 5DS utilises high-performance Dual DIGIC 6 processors to ensure image processing is super-fast and responsive. The low noise levels produced allow you to print your images up to A0 and beyond.
You can focus quickly and accurately, even in low light scenarios, thanks to the 5DS' 61-point autofocus system which has 41 cross-type focus points, including 5 ultra-sensitive double cross-type points for increased accuracy. You can use all 61 points together, or group them into moveable zones that cover subjects that are off-centre. Additionally, you can choose a single autofocus point to focus on a specific section of the scene.
The 5DS uses Canon's EOS Intelligent Tracking and Recognition (iTR) autofocus technology to detect and track subjects moving around the frame by recognising face and colour information. You can customise the responsiveness of autofocus depending on your situation, so other moving objects don't distract from your main point of focus.
Fine detail picture style
Fine detail picture style allows you to prioritise gradations and detail recorded by the sensor, letting you adjust in-camera sharpening such as fineness and threshold for JPEGs, delivering high impact images straight from the 5DS.
HDR and multi exposure modes
HDR imaging lets you preserve maximum detail in shadow and highlight areas by combining standard, overexposed, and underexposed images and is particularly effective for still-life and landscape shots.
Multi exposure mode overlays images in-camera and gives you a choice of automatic multiple exposure options.
Digital SLRs traditionally use a low-pass filter which minimises digital artefacts, but in turn slightly softens the image. The EOS 5DS has a low-pass filter so moire and false colour artefacts are minimised. If you would prefer a model without the low pass filter, have a look at the Canon EOS 5DSR instead.
Mirror Vibration Control System
The 5DS features Canon's Mirror Vibration Control System which minimises vibrations that occur due to internal movements in the camera. It utilises cams to drive the mirror in a controlled manner which prevents any sudden stops and softens the sound of the shutter-release.
Customisable screen and controls
You can customise the position, size, and type of your camera setting icons on the 5DS's screen and can also customise your controls and save your favourite functions.
The EOS 5DS is constructed from a robust magnesium alloy and has weather-sealed controls which prevent dust and water from entering the camera.
|What else is included in the box?|
*WFT-E7 Wireless File Transmitter requires a firmware update and IFC-40AB II or IFC-150AB II Interface Cable
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.