Canon Cinema EOS C200 EF Professional Camcorder
Offering RAW video recording in 4K as well as advanced AF technologies inherited from their EOS range of DSLRs, the C200 is a compact broadcast camcorder capable of exceptional video captureview full description
Looking to trade in your camera equipment? Get a quote now!
Product Code: 1638101
Earn 5249 Park Points
Finance available - See options
Canon Cinema EOS C200 EF Professional Camcorder Summary
- 4K Digital Cinema Camera compatible with Canon EF-mount lenses
- Super 35mm CMOS sensor
- Dual DIGIC DV6 Image processors
- Shoots in RAW using 'Cinema RAW Light' format
- 4K Ultra High Definition capture at 50p, 4K DCI RAW at 50p (requires CFast Card)
- Crop-free 120fps High Frame Rate continuous capture in Full HD
- ISO Range of 100 - 102,400
- Dual-Pixel CMOS AF for smooth focus tracking
- 4-inch Touchscreen LCD for Touch AF
- Built in ND filters up to 10 stops
- 1 x CFast 2.0 Slot, 1 x SD Card slot
- Built in Wi-Fi, Ethernet for internet connectivity
- XLR & SDI connections for broadcast audio and video connectivity
- Firmware upgrade in early 2018 to enable recording in XF-AVC format
- Also available in a lens kit: Canon Cinema EOS C200 Camcorder + EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Kit
Product features in detail
As the first Cinema EOS camera to support the new RAW recording format Cinema RAW Light the EOS C200 provides the same flexibility in colour grading as Cinema RAW in a smaller file size, enabling filmmakers to record internally to a CFast 2.0 card.
Newly developed Canon Dual DIGIC DV6 processors provide the ability to record internally 4K UHD/50P MP4, 4K DCI RAW and continuous 120fps High Frame Rate (HFR) in Full HD without crop. At the same time, advances in Dual Pixel CMOS Auto Focus (AF) technology and a new touch screen LCD monitor provide smooth AF operation and effective tracking.
Capability drives creativity
The EOS C200 features Canon's 4K Super 35mm CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 8.85MP, along with the newly developed Dual DIGIC DV6 image processors. As a result, it can deliver Cinema RAW Light recording at 4K DCI 50P internally to a CFast 2.0 card. It can also deliver 4K UHD recording at 150Mbps, and 2K or Full HD at 35Mbps to SD cards in MP4 format.
Supporting up to 15-stops of dynamic range with Cinema RAW Light and up to 13-stops of dynamic range in MP4 (Canon Log / Log 3), the camera is perfect for capturing highlight and shadow details.
The EOS C200 is also capable of delivering both slow and fast motion recording at up to 120fps with no crop in Full HD/MP4, ideal for those wanting creative slow motion capture.
An ISO range of 100 to 102,400 guarantees excellent performance, even in difficult lighting conditions, such as when quickly switching between locations. The built-in optical ND filters of up to 10 stops provide further flexibility and convenience, allowing filmmakers to shoot in bright light and expand the depth of field control.
Advanced operability and ergonomic design
Built for professionals and ideal for single shooters, the EOS C200 features an advanced AF system that provides reliability and accuracy when shooting 4K, as well as a touch screen LCD panel for filmmakers to easily select their subject. For those who need to switch effortlessly between several subjects in a single shot, the Dual Pixel CMOS AF enables smooth AF operation whilst the Manual Focus Assist Function, Face Detection with Face Priority and Face-Only options provide greater creative focus control.
The EOS C200's lightweight body of just 1.4kg is designed for comfortable hand-held shooting and will benefit those who are filming for long periods. The compact size also makes the camera suitable for mounting onto a drone or gimbal.
Built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity allows for browser remote control and the ability to transfer files via FTP, whilst the camera's compatibility options mean new and existing accessories can be used, including Canon's electronic viewfinder - the EVF-V70.
Cinema RAW Light for next generation workflows
Canon has worked with several partners to ensure Cinema RAW Light is integrated with various software programs. As a result, editing and grading of the Cinema RAW Light video format will be supported in DaVinci Resolve of Blackmagic Design. Editing will be possible in Media Composer from Avid Technology, using Canon RAW Plugin for Avid Media Access.
This format can also be processed using a Canon application, Cinema RAW Development.
Support for Cinema RAW Light is also scheduled for EDIUS Pro, Grass Valley's editing software, during 2017. Additionally, a future version of Final Cut Pro X from Apple Inc. will support Canon's Cinema RAW Light, using Canon RAW Plugin for Final Cut Pro X.
This compact broadcast camcorder from Canon manages to squeeze a lot of technology into a frame that makes it suitable for those requiring a portable camcorder to capture broadcast quality output.
Sitting between the >Canon EOS C100 and the Canon EOS C300 II it brings RAW 4K capture capabilities in 'Cinema RAW Light' format, which offers a pretty impressive 15-stops of dynamic range, and exceptional low light performance to the fore thanks to a combination of its Super 35mm CMOS Sensor, Dual DIGIC DV6 Image Processors and an ISO Range that goes up to 102,400.
Professional quality broadcasting abilities aside, this also contains a plethora of connectivity options to ensure that it isn't just for capturing video, but broadcasting it too - with XLR and SDI connections helping to output professional standard video and audio.
- A range of 4K capture modes to ensure modern requirements and standards are met
- Exceptional Dual Pixel CMOS AF function inherited from the latest Canon EOS DSLRs
- Great ISO range for really strong low-light performance
- Touch AF for quick and easy focusing using the LCD screen
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.