Canon EOS C300 Mark II
The EOS C300 Mark II is a 4K video camera allowing filmmakers and broadcast producers to realise their creative vision in stunning cinematic detail.
- High bitrate internal 4K recording with external RAW
- High dynamic range files, ideal for post production
- Seamlessly integrate with professional workflows
- Automatic features make independent shooting easy
- Shoot with confidence in low light with low noise
July 2016 firmware update
A firmware update in July 2016 adds the following additional features and improvements:
- The addition of Canon Log 3.
- Magnification during recording.
- Focus assist on CINE primes, CN7 and CNE 18-180.
- CN7 and CNE 18-180 lens compatibility with DAF, Focus Guides, One Shot AF, Auto Iris and Push Auto Iris.
- When used with the Cine Servo lens the joystick is capable of operating zoom.
The EOS C300 Mark II is a new addition to Canon’s Cinema EOS Cameras, offering a whole range of creative options to bring your story to life. Capable of shooting in 4K / Full HD video and compatible with more than 90 current EF and EF Cinema lenses, this camera gives you unprecedented freedom.
The C300 Mark II is an evolved, more rugged camera compared to the popular C300 and features a newly developed 8.85 megapixel Super 35mm CMOS sensor, designed and manufactured by Canon specifically for video capture. In addition to this it has a DUAL DIGIC DV5 processor, which deals with the high performance levels to give high image quality output.
The C300 Mark II has the ability to record 10-bit 4:2:2 files internally at up to 410Mbps in 4K, or 10/12-bit 4:4:4 files in 2K/Full HD, with up to 15 stops of dynamic range - providing footage suitable for extensive post-production work, producing crisper images across the full colour spectrum with reduced “colour bleed”. The camera offers professional filmmakers and broadcasters alike the very best image quality, recording 4K in both broadcast (3840 x 2160) and DCI cinematic (4096 x 2160) resolutions.
The EOS C300 Mark II supports four recording modes. You can record high bitrate 4K files internally to on the two CFast (2.0) cards, while simultaneously recording 4K RAW files to an external recorder, offering the flexibility and universal appeal for production at the highest quality available today. Additionally, you can record 2K/Full HD Proxy files to an internal SD card, at the same time, which further streamlines the production workflow process.
- 4k Internal recording
- 10 bit 4:2:2 internal recording to 410 mbps in 4k
- 15 stops of dynamic range
- New XF-AVC Codec
- New Super 35mm Sensor
- 102,400 ISO range
- Dual C-fast recording media
Supreme 4K image quality and versatility
With the ability to record 10-bit 4:2:2 files internally at up to 410Mbps in 4K, or 10/12-bit 4:4:4 files in 2K/Full HD, with up to 15 stops of dynamic range, the EOS C300 Mark II provides footage suitable for extensive post-production work, producing crisper images across the full colour spectrum with reduced “colour bleed”. The camera offers professional filmmakers and broadcasters alike the very best image quality, recording 4K in both broadcast (3840 x 2160) and DCI cinematic (4096 x 2160) resolutions.
The EOS C300 Mark II can record high bitrate 4K files internally to dual CFast 2.0™¹ media, while simultaneously recording 4K RAW files to an external recorder, offering the flexibility and universal appeal for production at the highest quality available today. Additionally, the ability to record 2K/Full HD Proxy files to an internal SD card, at the same time, further streamlines the production workflow process.
The new Canon-designed Super 35mm CMOS sensor and an increased ISO range up to ISO 102,400 deliver exceptional low light performance, allowing operators to capture low-noise footage across a variety of challenging environments without compromising on image quality.
To meet the requirements of a diverse range of shooting applications, the EOS C300 Mark II offers both full manual control, ideal for cinematic environments, as well as automatic modes. These include, enhanced Dual Pixel CMOS AF (now covering approx. 80% of the frame vertically and 80% horizontally), auto white balance and Face Detection AF, all making it easier for independent news gatherers and documentary filmmakers to shoot on the go.
Instant integration into professional workflows
Canon’s new range of XF-AVC H.264 codecs, designed to be compatible with industry standard Non-Linear Edit systems, makes integrating both 4K and 2K/Full HD footage into workflows effortless, while maintaining the highest image quality. The range features XF-AVC intra for 4K, and XF-AVC Long GOP and Proxy options for 2K/Full HD recording, both of which utilise H.264 codec, offering post production flexibility and ease of use. Filmmakers can select the resolution and codec type that best suits their production, with the EOS C300 Mark II capable of shooting at up to 30P in 4K or up to 120P in 2K/Full HD.
The EOS C300 Mark II offers support for a wide range of colour space options, including BT.2020, the Canon Cinema Gamut and DCI-P3. The camera is also the first Cinema EOS model to feature brand new Canon Log2 technology, which enables the 15-stops of dynamic range, significantly wider than previous Cinema EOS cameras. The camera offers new versatility for sound recording too, supporting 4-channel audio recording in 16 or 24 bit and 48 kHz.
Designed for versatility
The EOS C300 Mark II boasts the iconic Cinema EOS design DNA – a modular body that can be adapted to suit the needs of each shooter and filming situation, through the extensive range of compatible accessories. Internally, the EOS C300 Mark II also includes built-in electronically controlled glass ND (neutral density) filters, which reduces the amount of light reaching the sensor by up to 10 stops in expansion mode.
Compatibility with the RC-V100 remote control and optional Wi-Fi control also enables ease of use in a wider range of locations.
The camera’s sensor read-out speed is now twice as fast as the original EOS C300, and further reduces rolling shutter distortion, allowing for crisp image capture in a moving environment, making it perfectly suited for capturing action sequences.
Leveraging Canon’s rich heritage in lens design, the EOS C300 Mark II is compatible with more than 90 current EF and EF Cinema lenses allowing operators to use their existing EF mount lenses. In addition, the EOS C300 Mark II comes equipped with Canon Cine servo zoom lens support, delivering one of the most comprehensive selections of lens possibilities for movie and broadcast production available in the market today. For further flexibility, shooters can opt to change the lens mount from the default EF Mount, to EF Mount with Cinema Lock, or to the industry standard PL mount, as a service option².
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Pro Video Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
The EOS C300 Mark II is a durable, powerful yet easy to use camera , that would be ideal to use if shooting projects such as TV commercials / dramas / documentaries and independent movie productions. With this Cinema EOS camera , Canon have not only focussed on the quality of the output (now recording in 4K / Full HD), they have also used feedback from customers to improve things such as the colour reproduction on the new OLED CVF and the accuracy of the focusing.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.