Acratech GXP Ballhead + Standard Clamp 1205
The Acratech GP Ballhead has long been recognised as a leader in its class.
The GXP has a wide range of significant new features and it continues the tradition of Acratech’s world-class quality.
New Features of the GXP:
- Innovative form-follows-function design.
- Solidly supports an impressive 50.lbs. (double the capacity of the GP)
- The GXP only weighs 1.lb bearing a 50:1 load ratio.
- Large, easy to tighten, high torque lock knob is easy to tighten even with heavy winter gloves on.
- New extra fine tension adjustment.
- The unique, panoramic adjustable zero pointer makes it easy to return to your starting point when you are shooting a sequence of images.
- The quick release clamp has deep side notches for more clearance with other manufacturers stop screws.
- The level on the quick release clamp is clearly visible even with your camera attached to the clamp.
- The quick release clamp jaws are more pointed to be more compatible with some manufactures quick release plates with less pointed dovetails.
- The locking lever clamp has a safety zone so the first 25% of the levers motion will not allow your camera to release.
Features of the GXP that carry on the GP tradition:
- The patented gimbal feature makes it quick and easy to track follow moving objects with ease.
- With GPX in panoramic mode you can use the ball to level the panning surface and you can do accurate stitched panoramic images without a levelling base.
- Open structure dirt and moisture falls through instead of getting trapped inside like a conventional ball-head.
- Precision CNC machined from aircraft quality aluminium and stainless steel.
- Made in the USA in Acratech’s Pomona, California facility.
- 10 Year warranty.
- Fits all Arca-Swiss compatible quick release plates.
- Fits all standard tripods (1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threads)
- Beautiful satin black anodised finish
- Solid precision feel
- The knobs are secured so they cannot vibrate loose and fall off.
- Oil-less and greaseless ball will not attract or hold dirt and debris.
- Max Weight Load: 50lbs (22.6kg)
- Ball Diameter: 1.5” (38mm)
- Tripod Thread: 3/8-16 (includes 1/4-20 reducer bushing)
- Height: 4.2” (106mm)
- Length: 3.62” (92mm)
- Width: 3.17” (81mm)
- Base Diameter: 2.375” (60mm)
- Weight: 1 lbs. (.45kg)
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.