Acratech Long Lens Head
The Acratech Long Lens Head is designed as a telephoto lens support system capable of providing rock solid anchoring for even super telephoto lenses, such as a 600mm f/4 lens. The long lens support system boasts the same freedom of movement, and light weight of the rest of our product line.
Although our Long Lens Head is designed primarily for long telephoto lenses with tripod collars, it is also available with an indexable clamp* that will allow it to be used with camera lenses that do not have a tripod collar. When the Long Lens Head is used with the camera body attached directly to the head, almost all standard camera positions are accessible (please see our video instruction manual for more information about this). This long lens support system should not be considered as a replacement for a general purpose ball head, but it does allow the photographer who primarily shoots with telephoto lenses to not be required to carry a second tripod head into the field for occasional shots with standard lenses.
- Will solidly support 600mm f/4.0 lenses
- Eliminates the need to carry a large, heavy gimbal head
- Provides easy, smooth balance for long lenses
- Weighs less than 1 lb (.45kg) with quick release clamp
- Large 18mm (.708”) bullseye level
- Fully adjustable tension control
- Precision C.N.C. machined
- Compatible with Kirk, Arca, and many other QR plates
- Beautiful satin black anodized finish
- Fits all standard tripods (1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threads)
- Engraved degree markings
- Solid precision feel
- All knobs are secured so they cannot vibrate loose and fall off