Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder
The Zoom Q8 Handy Video Recorder is the world's first HD video camera with interchangeable microphones that comes with a detachable X/Y microphone and is compatible with all Zoom input capsules.
The Q8 marries high-definition video with high-resolution audio, making it the perfect camera for music and video creators everywhere. Its 160 degree wide-angle lens and digital zoom ensure that you’ll always capture the complete picture. Combine that with ZOOM’s groundbreaking interchangeable mic capsule system and two XLR/TRS combo inputs for a world of options.
- Records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB
- High-quality 160° wide-angle lens with selectable viewing angles (F2.0/16.6mm)
- Uses a system of interchangeable microphone capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Supplied detachable stereo X/Y microphone (XYQ-8)
- Compatible with most Zoom microphone capsules (sold separately); not compatible with EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Input Capsule
- Full-color rotating LCD touchscreen
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Frame rates of up to 60fps for capturing fast action video and slow motion playback
- 4x digital zoom
- Records video in MOV format (with or without audio)
- Records audio in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit/96k
- Up to four tracks of simultaneous audio recording
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Analog-style gain controls for each input
- Built-in audio mixer
- Stereo link function
- Supplied foam windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- Dedicated Headphone output/Line out
- Built-in speaker for fast monitoring
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing software
- Webcam and USB mic function for use with external devices such as computers and iPads (Apple Camera Connection Kit required)
- Direct monitoring for zero latency during use as a USB mic
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encorder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- SD card reader function
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional AC adapter)
- Battery life of more than 2 hours
- Built-in standard tripod mount
- Includes tripod-to-three-prong converter for compatibility with all action camera mounts
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.