Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 Biogon T* Lens Sony E
ZEISS Loxia 35mm f/2 - Sony E Mount Lens
Light, unassuming and reserved. The moderate wide angle and the creative possibilities of manual focus make the ZEISS Loxia 2/35 a perfect storyteller.
The ZEISS Loxia 2/35 offers an extended field of view. This makes it the first choice for showing a subject in their environment or establishing connections between people. Like in reportage or street photography, for example. That's what makes it the most important focal length for the genre in compact 35mm cameras. At the same time, the small size and weight of this camera system allows for a great deal of independence and discretion when it comes to photographing your subjects. And precise, manual focus gives you all the creative possibilities you need to tell the story in your own personal way.
ZEISS Loxia lenses were specifically designed for Sony 7 cameras. This means that they can make the most of the mirrorless, full frame system, while giving you all the creative possibilities of ‘classic' photography with manual focus at the same time.
And that's not all: ZEISS Loxia lenses also provide everything you need to shoot high quality video, such as the unique DeClick feature for smooth adjustment of the aperture, for example.
Product features in detail
One completely new feature of the Loxia lens is that you can ‘declick' the aperture's locking mechanism using a tool (supplied) and an adjustment screw on the bayonet surface. This means that for video applications, you can smoothly eliminate any unwanted differences in brightness as you pan the camera. This feature can also be used with other video systems whose size makes them suitable for adaption.
Precise manual focus
Manually focusing a lens means controlling the image result from your fingertips. A good ergonomic design makes all the difference. ZEISS lenses stand out with their large rotation angle which enables precise focusing. Changes are immediately visible in the viewfinder. The high-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without play, thus also supporting the intuitive interaction with the focal plane. The precise engraving in meter and feet, and the depth of focus scale provide additional support for manually focusing.
Virtually distortion-free optics
Dramatic perspectives and a view from extraordinary image angles – ZEISS lenses open up new composition possibilities. Distortion would disrupt the composition because straight lines, whose image does not go through the image center, would be reproduced with a curved shape. This annoying effect is accordingly and largely compensated through elaborate optical designs at all focal lengths.
High-grade full-metal casing
Tangible quality that holds its value is what qualifies ZEISS lenses for decades of hard use. A precision-engineered full-metal casing, grippy focus and aperture rings made of metal, and a tough front bayonet and filter screw guarantee stunning photographic results. A special sealing ring on the bayonet also protects the interface between the camera and the lens.
The ZEISS Loxia lenses are suitable for use with the mirrorless Sony Alpha cameras with E-mount and were optimized for sensors up to full 35 mm format (24 x 36 mm). With the ZEISS Loxia lenses, the aperture is controlled manually. This allowed the integration of the so-called DeClick feature of the mechanical aperture ring. The cameras feature the corresponding automatic exposure control (A) and manual exposure control (M).
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: Yes|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 62|
|Length (mm): 59|
|Weight (g): 340|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: Yes|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 35 mm|
|Focus method: Internal|
|Filter Thread: 52 mm|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: Sony FE|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 35|
|Maximum magnification: 0.17|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2|
|Maximum aperture (text): f/2|
|Max Format size: Full Frame|
|Minimum focal length: 35|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.3|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): f/22|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: 1 APD element|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: Prime lens|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.