Voigtlander Nokton D23mm f/1.2 Lens for Nikon Z
The Voigtlander Nokton D23mm f/1.2 Lens for Nikon Z mount APS-C (DX) cameras offers a 35mm equivalent focal width, wide aperture with 12-bladed design and heritage styling, whilst delivering superb results.
- Extremely high quality manual prime lens with all-metal barrel and precision-cut knurled finger grips
- Achieve beautiful rounded bokeh and smooth out of focus backgrounds from a 12-bladed aperture design
- Retro heritage-styling which complements the engaging experience and Nikon DX camera body designs
- Continue shooting during low light situations with the bright f/1.2 aperture and in-body stabilisation compatibility
- Lens transfers all Exif data and harnesses focus assist tools for precise manual focusing
Voigtlander Nokton D23mm f/1.2 Lens for Nikon Z Summary
With an equivalent focal width of 35mm, the Voigtlander Nokton D23mm f/1.2 Lens for Nikon Z brings a versatile prime lens for Nikon mirrorless cameras with an APS-C sensor (DX format). This compact and lightweight 240g lens has a beautiful retro heritage-style design, which complements the Z fc camera perfectly, whilst being equally at home on any other crop sensor bodies. Electronic contacts transfer Exif data, harness 3-axis in-body stabilisation and provide compatibility with focus assist tools, which are beneficial when using a manual-only focus lens of this type.
Voigtlander has incorporated the latest optics into the Nokton D23mm f/1.2 lens, which includes 10 elements arranged into 6 groups. Excellent resolving power and fine details are rendered by one double-sided aspheric lens and two abnormal partial-dispersion glass elements. Users will enjoy exceptional low light capabilities together with beautifully rounded bokeh and smooth out-of-focus areas, thanks to a 12-bladed iris design and bright f/1.2 maximum aperture. Whether you capture portraits, landscapes or environmental shots, this lens offers outstanding performance across all aperture settings.
- Designed exclusively for Nikon Z mount APS-C format cameras
- Electronic contacts provide data communication with the body
- Rigid and durable all-metal lens barrel
- Manual focus for reliable fine-focusing
- Heritage styling reminiscent of manual SLR lenses
- Beautiful bokeh with 12-blade iris diaphragm
- Minimum shooting distance 0.18m
Voigtlander Nokton D23mm f/1.2 Lens for Nikon Z in More Detail
Superb results for DX mirrorless cameras
Crop sensor Nikon mirrorless camera users can now enjoy the engaging experience and high quality results which Voigtlander lenses offer. This particular Nokton D23mm f/1.2 model includes a compact all-metal design, which complements Nikon camera bodies perfectly. It’s not purely about aesthetics however, with the prime capable of rendering extremely fine details with high resolving power across all apertures.
Silky focusing operation and a close minimum focus of 0.18m extend the versatility, while a compact filter diameter φ46 mm, short 45.2mm length and 240g weight make it portable and easy to handle. It also includes metal screw-in hood affirming the retro 60’s and 70’s design which slots perfectly into the Nikon mirrorless lens range.
Three types of focusing functions are supported for extremely accurate use including:
- Focusing by colour changing of the focus point frame
- Peaking focusing
- Focusing with the enlargement button
The aperture is made up of 12 blades in a circle, which renders a beautiful background blur in 1/3 click-stops. The lens controls are all-metal and feature indented finger grips in a precision-cut knurled pattern for precise focus control.
What’s in the box
- Voigtlander Nokton D23mm f/1.2 Lens for Nikon Z mount APS-C mirrorless cameras
- Front and rear lens caps
- Screw-in lens hood
The arrival of the Nokton D23mm f/1.2 Lens from Voigtlander will be extremely welcome for crop sensor Nikon mirrorless camera users. It offers an equivalent 35mm (full-frame), which is an extremely popular prime focal width to capture a slightly wide, yet natural looking field of view. Subjects which a lens of this type is suitable for include portraits, documentary, landscapes, cityscapes, street photography and as a general purpose walk-around option.
With an f/1.2 aperture you’ll find the lens is extremely capable in low light situations, whilst the 12-bladed iris opening renders beautiful rounded bokeh balls and soft out of focus areas. You can also experiment with shallow depth of field subjects endlessly, and also shoot at close distances of just 0.18m for more creative opportunities.
The optical formula is capable of rendering high resolution images even wide open, with extremely well controlled aberrations and high contrast throughout. Electronic contacts transfer Exif data and harness Nikon’s in-body optical stabilisation, together with focus-assist tools including focus peaking. An all-metal lens barrel and screw-in hood round-off a high quality user experience, which is both engaging and rewarding, and sure to make this a popular choice with mirrorless Z photographers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.