Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2 X Lens for Fujifilm X Mount
The Voigtländer Nokton 35mm f/1.2 X Lens is the first model for Fujifilm X Mount cameras arriving with a fast aperture, fully electronic communication with manual focus and an all-metal design.
- Compact and lightweight design to complement Fujifilm X camera bodies
- Classic, all-metal design which is both robust and complements Fujifilm’s design styling
- Beautiful bokeh and soft out of focus areas possible from the 12-bladed aperture
- Pin sharp accurate focus achievable with a manual focus-only prime lens
- Versatile standard focal width well suited to a broad range of subjects and all day shooting
Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2 X Lens for Fujifilm X Mount Summary
Introducing the long awaited Voigtländer Nokton 35mm f/1.2 X Lens for Fujifilm X Mount. Voigtländer lenses are renowned for their wide range of exceptional quality manual focus lenses for various camera systems, however this is the first model dedicated to Fujifilm X Series cameras. It features their distinctive all-metal durable design which complements Fujifilm retro or vintage camera styling perfectly. It’s not all about looks though as the optical formula designed exclusively for Fujifilm X promises beautiful results.
As a manual-only design from Voigtländer, the Nokton 35mm f/1.2 X Lens is aimed at photographers who enjoy immersing themselves in the experience of photography. Combine this pinpoint accuracy for stills and videos with the bright 12-blade aperture for beautiful bokeh and subject isolation.
With any standard focal width lens (this is 53mm equivalent in full frame format) you can expect it to excel with portraits, street photography, travel as well as general purpose shooting. This is cemented by a compact size measuring just 39.8mm long as well as weighing just 196g.
Features at a glance
- First Voigtländer lens for Fujifilm X cameras
- Compact and lightweight design for portability
- Robust and vintage looking all-metal design
- Bright aperture with 12-blade design for beautiful bokeh
- Manual focus for reliable precise focus operation
- Close minimum focus distance 0.3m
- Compact 46mm filter thread
Fujifilm cameras have a number of focus assist features including peaking, split image and dual display, all of which allow the user to gain precise, pin sharp manual focus. Once you get into the habit it can be a real joy to immerse yourself and take time to compose then manually focus. We enjoy it so much we even wrote a blog post ‘Benefits of a manual focus lens’ which could be of interest if this is your first MF lens.
Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2 X Lens in More Detail
Optics are designed with 8 elements arranged into 6 groups with an aperture ring 1/3 stop increments. The angle of view is 44º with a minimum close focus distance of 30cm. This opens up a number of possibilities for close-up photography and video.
Important notes regarding data communication
There are limitations in connection with different camera models, some Fuji bodies do not support communication from Voigtlander manual lenses.
- Transfer of EXIF data not possible (Note *1) (Note *2)
- Focus Peaking not possible
- Distance display not possible
- Image stabilisation possible on all models with image stabilisation function
- Parallax compensation only possible with X-Pro3 body
Communication compatible models and firmware (Note *3)
Body / Firmware
X-H2s V3.01 or higher
X-H2 V1.21 or higher
X-Pro3 V1.23 or higher
X-T5 V1.03 or higher
X-S10 V2.10 or higher
X-H1 V2.13 or higher
X-T4 V1.25 or higher
X-T3 V4.12 or higher
X-T2 V4.40 or higher *4
X-T30 V1.41 or higher
X-T30 II V1.00 or higher
X-E4 V1.04 or higher
Models that do not support data communication (note *4)
XT-1, X-Pro2, X-Pro1, X-T20, X-T10, X-T200, X-T100, X-E3, X-E2, X-E1, X-M1, X-A5, X-A3, X-A2, X-A1
(1) It is recommended to change the setting of the aperture value display from TNo to FNo in the camera menu.
(2) It is recommended to change the depth of field indicator in the camera menu to the film standard (the same value as the depth scale engraved on the lens).
(3) Please use the latest firmware as the performance may not run or some of the functions may be limited if the firmware is older than the one listed.
To check the firmware of the camera body you are using and get the latest firmware, please refer to the manufacturer’s instruction manual.
(4) When used with a model that does not support data communication, change the housing setting [Freigabe ohne Objektiv] to “ON”.
When using the X-T2, you can display the aperture number by changing the aperture value display in the settings from TNo to FNo.
What’s in the box
- Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2 X Lens for Fujifilm X Mount
- Font cap
- Rear cap
- Lens hood
- Hoya 46mm Fusion One Circular Polariser - an excellent polariser for outdoor shooting to eliminate glare and reflections as well as enhance blue skies
- Hoya 46mm Fusion One UV Filter - this will reduce the blueish effect of UV light whilst protecting the front element
- B+W 46mm F-PRO 007 Clear Protector Filter MRC - A high quality ‘protection only’ clear glass filter without any other effect
- B+W 46Mm XS-PRO Digital Variable ND Filter MRC Nano - sticking with B+W for their high quality filters, this offers 1-5 stops of compensation when filming in brighter conditions
- H&Y Revoring Variable ND3-ND1000 And CPL Filter 46-62mm - with a variable size and 1.5 - 10 stops of light control as well as built-in circular polariser this is an excellent option for filming and long exposures across multiple lenses.
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
With a number of class designs and rangefinder-style cameras in Fujifilm’s range we can see the Nokton 35mm f/1.2 X Lens appealing to a broad number of users who enjoy a more analogue experience. The lens not only enables you to capture absolutely pin sharp details but also provides a bright f/1.2 aperture with 12-bladed design to isolate the subject and create soft, out of focus areas. This will be particularly appealing for portraits. An equivalent 53mm focal width prime can also be used for a broad range of subjects including food photography, weddings and any subject where critical focus and strong details are warranted.
The bright f/1.2 aperture puts the Nokton 35mm f/1.2 X right up there amongst the brightest models in the Fujifilm X lens range, enabling you to shoot in low light situations as well as dusk and dawn to capitalise on soft light. An all-metal design fits well on any compact Fujifilm camera body as the lens weighs just 196g and is quite short without having the appearance of a pancake lens. As the first lens for Fujifilm X we are certain it will be a great hit and look forwards to new models on the horizon.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.