B+W 46mm XS-Pro Digital Variable ND Filter MRC Nano
Adjust your exposure by 1-5 stops when shooting in brighter light with the B+W 46mm XS-Pro Digital Variable ND MRC-Nano Filter (Vario ND) which maintains image quality with low reflections and ghosting.
B+W 46mm XS-Pro Digital Variable ND MRC-Nano Filter Summary
The B+W 46mm XS-Pro Digital Variable ND MRC-Nano Filter (Vario) can be used for a wide range of subjects and photographic requirements. Rotating the filter provides between 1-5 Stops exposure reduction with the overall image darkening. This is useful particularly to adjust exposure when filming in brighter conditions and for long exposure photography.
Portrait photographers can also use the 46mm XS-Pro Digital Variable ND MRC-Nano Filter from B+W to achieve a large aperture in bright light in order to separate their model optically from the background. Using several minutes of exposure time, architectural photographers can make people passing through the motif "invisible". In landscape photography, flowing water or the surface of the sea can be made to appear fluffy and soft with long exposure times: classic situations which make the use of an ND filter indispensable.
Thanks to its infinitely variable density, the B+W Vario ND filter can be adjusted exactly to individual requirements. To this end, it comes with a continuous setting function with which the photographer can determine the required density between +1 and +5 f-stops. To prevent aberrations, the light reduction cannot be set beyond a critical level. The XS-Pro Digital ND Vario MRC nano thus guarantees professional image results, even with high filter factors.
Thanks to the double-sided multi-coating layer, the proven B+W MRC (Multi Resistant Coating) nano coating eliminates unwanted stray light and delivers visibly more brilliant colours and higher contrasts. Due to the extremely low residual reflection, ghost or multiple images which occur due to back reflection from the image sensor are also avoided. The outer layer treated with nano technology (lotus effect) allows water to bead off far better and makes cleaning the filter easier.
Tip: DSLR photographers should cover or close the optical viewfinder during longer exposure times in order to avoid measuring errors. Like all B+W ND filters the XS-Pro Digital ND Vario MRC nano also works on a colour-neutral basis. At high densities, slight chromatic aberrations in the image may occur for physical reasons. These can subsequently be eliminated with ease using white balance or by working in RAW format in the image-editing program. When using a full-frame camera , the focal length should be no less than 35 mm to achieve maximum image quality when selecting higher densities.
- Adjust Exposure between 1-5 Stops
- Evenly darkens the image
- Reduced shutter speed for video and long exposures
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: ND Filters|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.