Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 50mm f/2 Aspherical Lens for Nikon Z
The Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 50mm f/2 Aspherical Lens for Nikon Z full-frame mirrorless cameras is the highest performing standard lens ever made by Voigtlander, delivering exceptional results across all apertures.
- Compact 347g standard prime lens for Nikon mirrorless offering Voigtlander’s best ever optical performance
- Incredibly sharp and detailed results throughout the aperture range, ideal for the latest high resolution sensors
- Completely new apochromatic optical design eliminates chromatic aberration with highly desirable results
- Wide maximum aperture with 12-bladed design captures beautifully rounded bokeh balls and smooth defocus areas
- Electronic communication with Z mount bodies records Exif data and harnesses camera features including focus assist
Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 50mm f/2 Aspherical Lens for Nikon Z Summary
The release of the Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 50mm f/2 Aspherical Lens for Nikon Z mount full-frame mirrorless cameras is heralded as the best ever standard focal width Voigtlander lens. This is quite the achievement which draws from lens designs made for Sony and Leica during a history dating back to 1840. Users can expect superb high resolution results with strong contrast from this fast standard prime. A 50mm focal width on full-frame bodies is a popular choice thanks to the ability to shoot diverse subjects, from portraits and landscapes to general all-day snapshots, travel and street photography.
The apochromatic optical formula was subject to a complete redesign, taking into consideration high resolution sensors which are found in Nikon mirrorless cameras. This includes 10 lens elements arranged in eight groups, with two low-dispersion elements, two double-sided aspherical elements and a floating element. The wide f/2 aperture also features a 12-blade diaphragm for beautiful bokeh and extremely smooth defocus areas.
The all-metal lens includes electronic contacts for communication with the camera body to record Exif data, harness body-stabilisation and peaking focus aids.
- Exclusive design for full-frame Nikon Z mount
- Apochromatic optical design eliminates chromatic aberration
- Wide maximum aperture with a 12-bladed design
- Data communication with the body through electronic contacts
- Durable all-metal lens barrel
- Reliable fine-focusing with manual focus-only
- Compact design weighing just 347g with a 52mm filter thread
- Floating mechanism
- Dedicated screw-in hood
Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 50mm f/2 Aspherical Lens for Nikon Z in More Detail
Updated design for modern Nikon sensors
The Apo-Lanthar 50mm f/2 Aspherical design has been ported across from similar optics for Sony and Leica cameras, then optimised for Nikon sensors. It comes equipped with electronic contacts for communication between the lens and any Nikon Z body (including original Z5, Z6 and Z7 models) with the latest firmware. In addition to Exif information and 3-axis in-body image stabilisation, three types of focusing functions are supported for extremely accurate manual use:
- Focusing by colour changing of the focus point frame
- Peaking focusing
- Focusing with the enlargement button
High resolving power and beautiful results
Inheriting the apochromatic optical design, the Apo-Lanthar 50mm f/2 is highly corrected to eliminate optical aberrations including longitudinal chromatic aberration. In addition, it is optimised for the ultimate performance of the resolution and contrast reproducibility. The lens constructed with 8 groups 10 elements has five abnormal partial dispersion glasses, two out of
eight elements, each with two aspherical surface, and also floating focus system built-in. The lens offers superb performance that will drastically change your perception of familiar 50mm f/2 standard lenses.
What’s in the box
- Voigtlander Apo-Lanthar 50mm f/2 Aspherical Lens for Nikon Z mount full-frame mirrorless
- Front and rear lens caps
- Screw-in lens hood
Voigtlander has completely redesigned their popular Apo-Lanthar lens design to achieve the best results from high resolution sensors found in Nikon cameras such as the Z7 II and Z9. The apochromatic design includes several special glass elements to remove chromatic aberrations and record fine details with high resolving power and high contrast results, using a formula which has been ported to Nikon Z mount from previously released high-end manual focus lenses for Sony and Leica cameras.
The lens makes an excellent choice for capturing portraits and other subjects which are separated from background distractions, thanks to a 12-bladed diaphragm opening with wide f/2 aperture. This renders beautifully rounded bokeh balls and silky smooth out-of-focus areas when desired, as well as gathering light in dimly lit environments, with the Apo-Lanthar 50mm f/2 harnessing in-body stabilisation.
With an all-metal lens barrel and corresponding enjoyable user experience you can expect to not only achieve superb results across a wide range of subjects, but also gain an extremely durable prime lens for any excursion.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.