- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Voigtlander 50mm f/1.0 Nokton ASPH VM Lens Leica M
The updated Voigtlander 50mm f/1.0 Nokton ASPH VM Lens for Leica M is heralded as the fastest and sharpest f/1.0 lens in the full-frame line-up, with a new aspherical element, enhanced bokeh and compact size.
Earn 1649 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- Full frame standard focal width prime lens for Rangefinder cameras ideal for a diverse range of subjects
- Ultra bright f/1.0 aperture excels in low light situations as well as providing extremely shallow depth of field
- Heralded as the fastest and sharpest model in the entire Voigtlander lens line-up
- Unique character lens with excellent fall-off from in-focus to out of focus elements within the image
- 12-bladed aperture diaphragm design renders beautiful bokeh and soft out of focus areas
Voigtlander 50mm f/1.0 Nokton ASPH VM Lens Leica M Summary
With this updated version, the Voigtlander 50mm f/1.0 Nokton ASPH VM Lens Leica M is heralded as the fastest and sharpest f1.0 lens in the entire full-frame Voigtlander lens line-up. Designed exclusively for Leica M cameras, the 50mm f/1.0 Nokton VM measures just 55mm long and weighs 484g, providing a well-balanced prime lens on a rangefinder camera. With such a bright aperture users can expect to isolate their subjects with razor thin depth of field when desired, whether shooting portraits, street scenes or general subjects. Beautiful rounded bokeh can be achieved with the 12 blade aperture design, putting the Voigtlander 50mm f/1.0 Nokton ASPH VM Lens in a unique category within the Leica M lens range offering exceptional low light performance.
Excellent high resolution detail is resolved thanks to the inclusion of a new type of ground aspherical lens which has been added at the front of the optical design. This includes 9 elements arranged in seven groups which are capable of achieving excellent results.
- Ultra bright f/1.0 aperture
- 12 bladed diaphragm design
- Ground aspherical element (GA)
- Compact and lightweight
- Metal lens hood included
- Accurate rangefinder interlocking system
- 62mm filter thread
Voigtlander 50mm f/1.0 Nokton ASPH VM Lens for Leica M in More Detail
New Ground Aspherical Element
The GA lens manufactured by Voigtlander is used as the primary element of this new lens, and offers exceptional image control with highly desirable results, even when wide open.
A fairly compact size (55mm from filter ring to M-mount) and moderate weight of 484g ensures this lens is well balanced on rangefinder cameras. The design does not intrude into the rangefinder camera's viewfinder ensuring clear views of your subject.
12 diaphragm blades for beautiful bokeh
The 50mm f1.0 Nokton features a 12-blade aperture system which creates a round circle for smooth bokeh with minimal onion rings. Out-of-focus elements in the image are rendered with a creamy soft, smooth appearance.
Metal lens hood
The lens comes with a bayonet-type metal hood and can be reverse-mounted for portability.
Accurate manual focus operation
By utilising an all-metal high precision helicoid unit with high-quality lubricants, the lens produces the exact torque required when focusing. This gives you a smooth, precise and pleasurable shooting experience, which is hard to replicate in auto-focus lenses.
Equipped with accurate rangefinder interlocking system
The high-precision rangefinder interlocking mechanism enables incredibly accurate focusing, even when wide open at near maximum f1.0 apertures.
Voigtlander 50mm f/1.0 Nokton ASPH VM Lens Leica M Specifications
- Aperture Range - f/1.2 - f/16
- Elements / Groups - 9 / 7
- Angle of View - 47.8°
- Focusing Range - 0.9m
- Lens Coverage - Full Frame / 35mm
- Lens Focus Mechanism - Manual
- Thread Size - 62mm
- Compatible Lens Hood - Included
- Dimensions - 73.6 x 55mm
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Voigtlander’s Nokton lens design is equivalent to Leica’s Summicron type lenses and date back to 1950, when the first model was made. This updated version incorporates these many decades of experience, culminating in an ultra bright, fast and sharp prime offering users a world of creative opportunities. Not only does the 50mm f/1.0 Nokton ASPH VM Lens excel in low light, where it gathers even the faintest available light, but you can also achieve incredibly shallow depth of field results. This makes it a truly unique model for both Leica rangefinder users as well as anyone who adapts the lens for other systems.
This can be achieved by using various mount adapters such as the Voigtlander VM-E Adapter II (Voigtlander VM to Sony E) allowing the lens to cover the sensor even with Fujifilm GFX medium format cameras, including the GFX 100S. You will see mild vignetting on larger sensors, however this is perfectly acceptable when set to 3:2 aspect ratio, for video in 16:9 and 1:1 square format. This is testament to the resolving power which Voigtlander has garnered through the inclusion of a new ground aspherical element which has been added to their optical formula.
The 50mm f/1.0 is a manual focus lens with stunningly sharp detail, exquisite bokeh and unmatched performance in low light, which will appeal to users seeking a unique shooting experience.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.