Viltrox AF 16mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony
The Viltrox AF 16mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony Full Frame (FE) mirrorless cameras is an ultra wide prime with excellent optics and fast focusing, that's ideal for landscapes, architecture and interiors as well as vlogging.
- Ultra wide angle prime lens for full-frame Alpha cameras, which renders excellent detail thanks to advanced optics
- Fast and silent STM focus motor is ideal for videography and vlogging with support for Sony face and eye AF system
- Nicely crafted metal lens with barrel controls, de-clickable aperture and lens settings information screen
- Includes dust and moisture sealing for outdoor content creators and lens coatings to maintain image integrity
- Portable design, which weighs just 550g and accepts readily available 77mm lens filters
Viltrox AF 16mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony FE Full-Frame Cameras Summary
With an elaborate optical design and fast focusing, the Viltrox AF 16mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony full-frame (FE) mirrorless cameras is a versatile ultra wide angle prime lens for a variety of subjects. You can capture grand landscapes, architecture and interiors, while the f/1.8 maximum aperture also lends itself to wide-scene astro photography, vlogging and moviemaking.
The fast and silent STM focusing mechanism is a great feature for videographers and vloggers, who will be able to fit more of the scene into the frame when talking to camera. Viltrox has also included a dust and moisture resistant design for outdoor content creators, together with an HD Nano multilayer coating and water resistant front element coat.
For handheld shooting in darker environments, the fast aperture also promises great low-light performance for stills and video creators. In a bid to distinguish this from other Sony mirrorless lenses, Viltrox has included a large colour LCD, which provides an instant view of current settings, such as focus distance, aperture and function buttons.
Key Viltrox AF 16mm f/1.8 Lens Features
- Ultra wide angle prime lens for full-frame Sony mirrorless cameras
- Electronic aperture and internal focus maintains lens length
- Silent STM focus motor
- Lens data display shows current settings
- Dust-proof and moisture-proof design
- Precision-made metal structure
- Barrel controls for Focus mode (MF/AF) and custom button (Fn1/Fn2)
- De-clickable aperture ring
- 9 bladed aperture
- 0.27m minimum focus distance with 0.1x maximum magnification
- 77mm filter thread
- Weighs 550g
Viltrox AF 16mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony FE in More Detail
Advanced optical design
The Viltrox AF 16mm f/1.8 lens’ optical design is constructed of 15 elements in 12 groups, which includes four extra-low dispersion elements and three aspherical elements. These combine to provide high resolution results in keeping with Sony sensors, with well-controlled results.
HD Nano coatings reduce the effects of flare and ghosting when shooting backlit subjects, while a front element coating reduces the impact of dirt and dust, as well as moisture.
Noiseless STM focus motor
A silent Stepping Motor delivers quick and quiet AF, while being fully compatible with Sony’s advanced Eye/Face AF subject detection and tracking. This makes the ultra wide field of view ideal for vlogging and video work, where you want the subject sharp, yet still show plenty of background to tell the story. Fast focusing with a noiseless motor is also great for weddings and other events where you want to be as discreet as possible.
Lens info screen
A practical 160 x 80 pixel top panel colour LCD screen provides instant access to your current shooting settings, such as focus distance, Fn buttons and aperture setting. With colour to differentiate everything it’s easier to see precisely what you need to change, which helps to speed up your workflow.
De-clickable aperture ring
When making exposure changes while shooting video or capturing photos in silent environments, you can switch the aperture clicks ON/OFF via a dedicated switch. Other barrel controls include a Focus mode (MF/AF) and custom button (Fn1/Fn2).
9 bladed aperture
Despite being an ultra wide angle lens you can achieve nice bokeh and smooth out of focus areas in your images, thanks to a combination of bright aperture and a 9-bladed aperture design. This is ideal when you want to show a shallow depth of field to separate your subject (including yourself when vlogging) from any background distractions.
A precision made metal barrel and smooth focus ring are combined with weather seals and lens coatings for a durable construction, allowing you to continue shooting throughout light rain and in dusty situations. The front thread measures 77mm so you can add readily available lens filters, such as circular polarisers, ND filters and others as required.
What’s in the box
- Viltrox AF 16mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras
- Lens hood
- Lens caps
|Offer Category: N/A|
|Offer Product Type: N/A|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Ultra wide angle lenses are gaining popularity as more creators take to video, vlogging and content creation in a variety of outdoor settings. To meet this growing demand, the AF 16mm f/1.8 Lens for Sony full-frame cameras has been created by Viltrox, which includes a few nifty tricks to differentiate itself from other options.
A quick and quiet STM focus motor works seamlessly with Sony AF subject detection, and the lens maintains it’s size and proportions when zooming in and out, so you can use a gimbal for extra smoothness whenever required. Along with excellent focusing, this is a really great option for hybrid creators, thanks to a de-clickable aperture ring and the bright aperture with 9-bladed diaphragm. This enables you to shoot video and vlogs with soft background blur and sharp subjects in the foreground. The close minimum focus distance is also perfect for vlogging as well as capturing unique close-up shots with an ultra wide 105.6º field of view.
Despite featuring a relatively low resolution, the top LCD screen is amongst the best on any lens, and is perfectly adequate to quickly ascertain your current lens settings, with the added benefit of being a colour display.
This is an all-round excellent prime lens for a variety of ultra wide subjects, which offers a robust build, customisable buttons and great features for photographers, moviemakers and vloggers.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.