Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD Lens Sony E-Mount
The Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD lens for Sony E-mount is the world's smallest telephoto zoom at this versatile range and provides full AF support with consistently beautiful results throughout.
- Ultra compact and lightweight all-in-one telephoto zoom able to travel anywhere
- Benefits from full compatibility with Sony systems including Face and Eye AF and stabilisation
- Exceptionally quiet Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive for quick, assured focus in near silence
- Weather sealed for uninterrupted outdoor work from sports and action to wildlife photography
- Quality assured thanks to Tamron’s free 5 year extended warranty for ultimate peace of mind
Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD Lens Summary
The new Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD lens for full frame Sony E-mount claims the current title of world's smallest size and lightest telephoto zoom at this range. It measures just 148mm long with a diameter of 77mm and weighs just 545g. Despite its’ ultra compact form the lens has been designed to provide versatile zoom capabilities for a number of subjects including sports, action and wildlife photography. Optics include 15 elements in 10 groups with LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements, combining to deliver excellent high resolution performance from the centre to the corners, in keeping with newer excellent quality Tamron lenses.
Autofocus is fast and quiet thanks to a Rapid eXtra-silent stepping Drive and the lens maintains full functionality with Sony’s renowned AF system, including Face and Eye Detect. Further compatibility comes in the form of integration with Sony mirrorless camera stabilisation and the Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD lens benefits from all available in-body stabilisation. Useability is further enhanced through the inclusion of comprehensive moisture sealing allowing photographers to work throughout inclement weather. The lens also benefits from Tamron’s anti-reflective coatings, providing more crisp, sharper images with high contrast.
Tamron 70-300mm F/4.5-6.3 Di III Sony E Mount RXD Specifications
Telephoto Zoom Lens
f/4.5 (wide) f/6.3 (tele) - f/22-32
148mm x 77mm
|Offers: Price Drop|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Tamron has been impressing photographers across brands with their latest lens offerings. Somehow they manage to consistently design extremely competent lenses at competitive prices and the 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD lens is set to continue this trend. Sony full-frame users will at some time rely on advanced AF functions for which their cameras are renowned and Tamron has fully integrated this lens with Sony’s Fast Hybrid AF, Eye AF and Direct Manual Focus (DMF) systems. Further compatibility includes body stabilisation which allows this lens to be used hand-held with sharper results, drawing from Sony IBIS.
The size and weight of this telephoto is quite extraordinary for this focal range and users will be able to travel anywhere with a compact sized zoom, which also delivers excellent image quality. The consistent 67mm filter size which Tamron designs throughout their lens range for Sony allows photographers to invest in multiple high quality optics which all use the same filter thread. This is very useful for polarisers and ND filters which are often employed for outdoor work or any other system such as LEE filters.
Any photographer working in the mid to telephoto range would be well advised to consider this excellent new offering from Tamron. It is compact, light and provides excellent results with full integration with Sony systems.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.