- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E
The Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E full frame is an all-in-one high resolution zoom which covers the most popular focal widths and boasts an ultra bright aperture and a new barrel design.
Earn 1799 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
- All-in-one zoom lens covering all of the most popular focal lengths between 35mm and 150mm
- High resolving power with sharp details and excellent resolution throughout the range
- Bright variable aperture with the world’s fastest Sony zoom lens at the time of launch
- Fast linear motor focus mechanism which is Tamron’s fastest and quietest ever compatible with Sony cameras
- Updated barrel with new deep glossy black finish and improved focus and zoom rubber ring grip
Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E Summary
With a series of new lenses being released Tamron maintains it’s roll with this Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8 Di III VXD Lens for full frame Sony E cameras. It’s a high resolution all-in-one zoom lens well suited for travel as you can capture everything from landscapes, urban scenery, buildings, portraits, snapshots and even more. Focusing is fast and accurate with the VXD linear motor focus mechanism inside a new exterior design, which is more glossy black and has improved grip texture on rubber focusing and zoom rings.
With the ultra fast variable aperture from just f/2-2.8 you can play with subject separation throughout the zoom range with smooth bokeh rendered from a rounded 9-blade diaphragm. This lets you capture stunning wide angle scenes through to portraits and even close-ups thanks to a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5.7.
- High resolution all-in-one zoom lens with bright variable aperture
- World’s first f/2 zoom lens which reaches 300mm for full frame Sony cameras
- Updated glossy design with improved grip texture on rubber focusing and zoom rings
- 0.33m minimum object distance at the wide end for close-up photography
- 9-bladed circular diaphragm for smooth out of focus bokeh
- High quality moisture resistant construction and Fluorine Coating
- Advanced mirrorless optics with 21 elements in 15 groups
- Extended five year warranty with registration
Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E in More Detail
Versatile zoom range
The Tamron 35-150mm VXD (Model A058) is a high resolution travel orientated zoom lens that covers everything from 35mm wide angle to 150mm telephoto focal lengths. It’s the first zoom lens with an aperture of f/2 at the wide-angle end for Sony full-frame mirrorless cameras. This provides an unprecedented opportunity to shoot a range of subjects without switching lenses.
Capture stunning close-up images
At the 35mm wide-angle end, the Minimum Object Distance is 0.33m, producing a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5.7. This allows you to fill the frame with the subject, whilst making it stand out by creating a beautifully blurred background thanks to the fast f/2-2.8 maximum aperture. You can also take one-of-a-kind photos including overhead shots of food while traveling, and other captivating close-up photography styles.
Everything from wide angle to telephoto with a single lens
This high resolution powerful zoom lens covers everything from the 35mm wide angle to 150mm telephoto, including all the common focal lengths that are already familiar, giving you more creative options than previously available in the Sony E mount lens range. At the 150mm telephoto end this zoom has a fast f/2.8, so you can make stunning images by intentionally reducing depth of field by leveraging beautiful bokeh. Change to an 85mm short telephoto focal length for a portrait, focus on a faraway subject at 150mm then make full use of the 35mm and 50mm ranges for street, interior and other images you might find when travelling.
Improved operation and ergonomics
The Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8 Di III VXD incorporates a new design that will become the hallmark of Tamron lenses in the future. Grip texture has been improved by redesigning the striped pattern on the focusing and zoom ring rubber. The lens has also been refined for smoother operation. The surface of the lens exterior is now shiny black, far glossier than previous models.
Tamron Lens Utility for lens customisation
This lens is compatible with the new Lens Utility software developed by Tamron. The Lens Utility is operated on your PC by connecting the lens via an optional Connection Cable to update firmware and customise lens features.
Tamron lens glossary for this model:
Di III (Digitally integrated design): A designation Tamron gives to lenses engineered specifically for mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras, adopting an optical design that matches the characteristics of the digital camera.
The Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive (VXD) is a linear motor focus mechanism that produces an autofocus drive that's quieter and quicker than ever before.
What’s in the box
- Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony E
- Flower-shaped hood
- Lens caps
- Hoya REVO SMC 82mm UV Filter - reduce the effects of UV light and protect the front lens element
- Hoya NX-10 82mm UV Filter - Same as above at a lower price point
- Hoya 82mm Fusion One Circular Polariser - Ideal for reducing reflections and glare outdoors as well as enhancing blue skies
Sony a7R III. Focal Length: 35mm Exposure: f/2 1/500sec ISO: 400
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Please note that, due to calculations, your monthly repayment may differ very slightly from what you were expecting. Please check your monthly repayment figure before proceeding
Missed or late payments will result in fees and additional interest on your loan and can also affect your credit file and your ability to obtain credit in the future.
Credit is subject to status, UK only, 18+
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Duologi.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Tamron already has the excellent 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD lens and 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD showing what they can do with their mirrorless optical designs on Sony bodies. However, this newer 35-150mm f/2-2.8 Di III VXD lens arrives with an updated exterior design, which will form the basis for future lenses. That means it looks more premium and feels more premium thanks to improved grip texture on rubber focusing and zoom rings and a shinier black finish on the barrel. This complements the interior tech perfectly as this all-in-one really has excellent optics which render high levels of sharpness and detail throughout the zoom range.
The aperture is extremely fast for such a versatile zoom range which covers subjects from wide to short telephoto, allowing photographers to bring just one lens along on their trips and travels. The aperture opening is also rounded with a 9-blade design creating smooth bokeh and soft out of focus areas when desirable like with portraits. Focusing is noticeably quick and accurate using Tamron’s VXD linear motor design, keeping up with moving subjects competently and working smoothly with Sony focus algorithms. It even has weather sealing to ensure you can shoot wherever you are and whatever the conditions are like. For an all-in-one zoom lens which covers the most popular focal lengths for everyday subjects, particularly for travel, you cannot beat this offering from Tamron.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.