Tamron 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD Lens Sony E Mount
The Tamron 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD for Sony E is the world's first 16.6x zoom lens for APS-C cameras (27mm to 450mm equivalent) with excellent quality stills and video, stabilisation and more
- Broad 16.6x Mega-zoom range offering an equivalent 27mm to 450mm (full frame format)
- Vibration control helps with handholding in low light and has been optimised for video in the 18-70mm range
- Extremely fast and precise AF using Tamron's VXD linear motor focus and renowned Hybrid Sony AF
- Close minimum focus distance of just 0.15m at the wide end with 1:2 magnification for macro photography
- All-in-one zoom lens for Sony APS-C shooters covering a huge range of subjects and creative styles
Tamron 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD Lens Sony E Mount Summary
Tamron is continuing the development of high quality lenses with the Tamron 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD for Sony E. It joins their line-up as the world's first 16.6x zoom lens for Sony APS-C format cameras. This ‘mega-zoom’ range offers a full frame equivalent of 27mm to 450mm, which really does make this a class-leading all-in-one option for a diverse range of subjects and the ultimate travel lens. Optical performance is excellent thanks to several special glass elements in the design and Tamron’s vibration control (VC) has been added to stabilise the lens when handholding or shooting in low light. Those who shoot video are treated with special attention to video stabilisation in the 18-70mm range, making this a stunning hybrid content creators all-in-one zoom lens.
Adding to the incredible zoom range os the ability to capture macro close-up images, as the 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD has a minimum focus distance of just 15cm at its wide end, with 1:2 magnification. This opens up yet more creative opportunities to capture flowers, insects and a range of detail shots.
Tamron 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD Lens Sony (Model B061) in More Detail
The world’s first 16.6x all-in-one zoom lens for APS-C mirrorless cameras
The 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 VC VXD is the world's first lens for APS-C mirrorless cameras with a 16.6x zoom ratio, the greatest feature of this lens, covering wide angle to an ultra-telephoto range. The full-frame equivalent focal length range is from 27mm to 450mm. With this broad coverage, it empowers shooting in a wide variety of situations, including everyday life and travel snapshots, both wide-angle and dynamic ultra-telephoto landscape photography and macro photography.
Best-in-class, extremely fast and precise AF provided by VXD linear motor focus mechanism
The 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 VC VXD utilizes TAMRON's proprietary VXD linear motor focus mechanism. It achieves AF speed and precision that stand among the best of all all-in-one zoom lenses. Throughout its range, from wide-angle to ultra-telephoto, it provides precise AF shooting. Excellent when tracking a moving subject in focus, it is ideal when photographing animals, aircraft, railways and other moving subjects. It’s extremely quiet, and therefore perfectly suited for both still and video shooting in conditions that demand silent operation.
MOD of 0.15m (5.9 in) and maximum magnification ratio of 1:2 at wide end
With an MOD of 0.15m (5.9 in) at the 18mm wide end and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2, the 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 VC VXD performs amazingly well when shooting up close compared to other all-in-one zoom lenses3. It enables users to enjoy creative macro photography with highly blurred backgrounds, a feature unique to macro photography. As a pioneer in all-in-one zoom lenses, TAMRON demonstrates unmatched originality in close-up shots.
The best image quality in its class
In terms of image quality, this new 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 VC VXD is one of the best-performing all-in-one zoom lenses for APS-C mirrorless cameras. To achieve a zoom ratio of 16.6x while ensuring high image quality, the lens features a well-balanced arrangement of three hybrid aspherical elements and four LD (Low Dispersion) lens elements to effectively suppress optical aberrations. Throughout the zoom range, it maintains high resolving power from the centre to the corners.
Outstanding VC stabilization
Despite its compact size, the lens is equipped with TAMRON's proprietary VC mechanism. With or without image stabilization in the camera body, the VC included in this lens effectively mitigates camera shake that is likely to occur in low-light conditions indoors and at night. Furthermore, using AI technologies, the lens will choose the best compensation characteristic for videography at focal lengths of 70mm or less.
User-friendly features such as Moisture-Resistant Construction, Fluorine Coating and Zoom Lock switch
- World’s first 16.6x zoom lens for APS-C sensor Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras
- Tamron’s VC (vibration control) which has also been optimised for video in the 18-70mm range
- Minimum object distance of just 15 cm at the wide end of the zoom
- Excellent image quality
- Fast precise Autofocus using Tamron's VXD linear motor
- Compatible with renowned Sony AF systems including Hybrid AF and Eye AF
- Moisture resistant construction
- Compact 67mm filter thread size and lightweight 620g design
What’s in the box
- Tamron 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD Lens for Sony E
- Flower-shaped hood
- Lens caps
- Hoya 67mm Fus - If you just want to protect your front lens element this is a great option
- Hoya 67mm Ultra Pro Circular Polariser - An excellent filter to reduce reflections and glare when shooting outdoors
- Tiffen 67mm Variable Neutral Density Filter - ideal for videographers with 2-8 stops of light control for brighter days
|Focal Length||18-300mm (for APS-C frame mirrorless format)|
|Angle of View (diagonal)||77° 24'-5° 30' (for APS-C frame mirrorless format)|
|Optical Construction||19 elements in 15 groups|
|Minimum Object Distance||0.15m /5.9 in (WIDE), 0.99m /39 in (TELE)|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||12 (WIDE) / 14 (TELE)|
|Length*||for Sony E-mount 125.6mm (4.9 in)|
|Weight||620g (21.9 oz)|
|Aperture Blades||7 (circular diaphragm)**|
|Standard Accessories||Flower-shaped hood, Lens caps|
|Compatible Mounts||Sony E-mount|
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: N/A|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: N/A|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): N/A|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: N/A|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (number): N/A|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Tamron has been busy releasing a host of Sony E mount lenses including several world firsts like the 11-20mm Di III-A RXD Lens for Sony E, which is the brightest ultra wide lens and 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD, the brightest standard zoom. So it comes as no surprise that this 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC is the world’s longest zoom available at the time of launch. All-in one zoom lenses make a lot of sense for photographers who want to travel light and pack just one option which covers the broadest range and as many subjects as possible. With an equivalent focal width in full frame terms of 27mm to 450mm this 16.6x zoom does precisely that. You can shoot anything with this focal range from landscapes to portraits, street scenes, food, nature, snap shots and even wildlife. The addition of VC optical stabilisation assists not only with handholding throughout this zoom range, but also when shooting video, as the lens is stabilised across the 18-70mm range in particular for movies.
The versatility of this model will further appeal to anyone who captures close-up macro style shots as the lens has an incredible minimum focus distance of just 15cm, at the wide 18mm end. And that’s not all, magnification at the wide end is 1:2 which is definitely macro territory, perfect for flowers, insects and any details you can imagine. Tamron has even added weather sealing and a fluorine coating on the front element to protect from grease and grime when shooting outdoors, making this a striking choice for anyone lusting after a do-it-all one lens solution. Last but not least, image quality hasn’t been sacrificed for this long list of features, as a number of special glass elements are included to ensure excellent image quality throughout the range.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.