Sony URX-P40/K33 UWP-D Portable Receiver
The Sony URX-P40 UWP-D Portable Receiver offers excellent sound quality, digital processing, reliable RF transmission and true double tuner diversity reception for ENG and EFP, documentaries and more.
- Excellent digitally processed sound quality with optional SMAD-P5 Multi Interface MI shoe for Sony shooters
- NFC SYNC with secure channel setting between transmitter and receiver
- Versatile monitor mode for using a receiver as an ear monitor
- Stable signal reception and Channel memory function
- Updated design which is 20% smaller than previous generation for a better fit with compact cameras
Sony URX-P40 Portable Receiver Summary
The Sony URX-P40/K33 UWP-D Portable Receiver offers excellent sound quality for ENG and EFP, as well as documentaries and weddings, vlogging and others. Users can count on digital processing, reliable RF transmission and true double tuner diversity reception as well as many other user-friendly features to speed up audio production.
Features at a glance
- True double tuner diversity reception
- Superb sound quality with digital processing
- NFC SYNC
- Reliable RF transmission
- Daylight viewable OLED screen
The URX-P40 enables you to reduce accumulated noise and distortion by skipping digital-to-analog conversion in the receiver and subsequent analog-to-digital conversion in the camera. The secret is support for the Multi Interface Shoe with selectable digital audio interface, which works in conjunction with the SMAD-P5 MI shoe adaptor, available separately and select XDCAM cam-corders. The combined URX-P40 receiver/SMAD-P5 adaptor is much shorter than the previous generation, making fitting compact camcorders and digital interchangeable lens cameras better.
Sony URX-P40/K33 UWP-D Portable Receiver in More Detail
- High quality sound with Sony Digital Audio Processing
- NFC SYNC function for quick and easy secure channel setting
- True double tuner diversity for stable signal reception
- Channel memory function for fast switching between two receiver frequencies
- Headphone output for monitoring
- Monitor mode for using a receiver as an ear monitor
- Compatible with Sony's WL-800/UWP series
- Output level control for receiver
- High visibility OLED display for indoor/outdoor use
- USB connector for power supply
- Digital/analog switchable audio interface support using SMAD-P5 Multi-Interface Shoe Adaptor
Simple Channel Setting with NFC SYNC
Simply hold the button down on the receiver to scan and select the clearest channel. Then touch the transmitter to the receiver to sync the two via near-field communication (NFC) between transmitter and receiver.
The Channel Memory function excels when you’re using one receiver in combination with two transmitters, allowing you to instantly switch between the previous and the current channel.
Transmitter Frequency Sent to Receiver
It’s also easy to set up multiple receivers in combination with one transmitter. NFC communication relays transmitter settings such as frequency and compander mode directly to the receiver.
Headphone Monitor Output
Even if the camera doesn’t have a headphone output, the wireless receiver can monitor audio directly, with independent headphone level adjustment.
High-Visibility OLED Display
The OLED screen is daylight viewable for instant and accurate operating status, indoors or out.
The receivers and transmitters can draw DC power from the USB interface.
What’s in the box
- Sony URX-P40/K33 Portable Receiver
- XLR-BMP cable
- Stereo Mini-BMP Cable
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.