Sony HXR-NX100 Full HD NXCAM Camcorder
The Sony HXR-NX100 Full HD NXCAM camcorder captures brilliant images, thanks to its large sensor, sharp lens, and impressive zoom. If offers full auto and manual control, and multiple recording format and connection options.
Sony HXR-NX100 Full HD NXCAM Camcorder SUMMARY
- 20MP 1.0-type Exmor R CMOS image sensor
- 29mm wide-angle G Lens with 12x optical zoom and 48x Digital Extender
- By Pixel Super Resolution Technology enlarges image by 24x
- Full HD video
- Full-auto and full manual control options
- 0.24-type 1,550k-dot EVF
- 3.5-type 1,550k-dot LCD
- 3 independent manual lens rings
- Built-in 4-step ND filters
- Supports XAVC-S 50Mbps, AVCHD, and DV file-based recording
- Dual memory card slots
- Multi-Interface Shoe
- Ergonomic, lightweight, and portable design
- Multiple connectivity options
Sony HXR-NX100 Full HD NXCAM Video Camera FEATURES
The HXR-NX100's single 20 megapixel* 1.0 type Exmor R CMOS sensor is approximately the same size as a 16mm film frame and seven times larger than three 1/4.7 type sensors combined. The key benefit of this large size is low noise and less blur because more light reaches the sensor, offering clear and steady pictures even in a dark scene with minimum illumination 1.7 lux**. The large sensor size also enables beautiful background defocusing (bokeh) to enable you to focus on what you want to show and defocus the rest of the image.
*14.2 million effective pixels
**LOW LUX mode
A fixed 29mm wide-angle lens with 12x optical zoom makes it easy to capture even the most expansive landscape scenes while also offering superb clarity and sharpness - maximising the performance of the NX100's large 1.0 type sensor. The G Lens' is Sony's own camera lens family, designed and manufactured to the company's high standards of optical performance.
In addition, your ability to get in close with the most distant scenes is aided by Sony's advanced Clear Image Zoom feature. Once you've zoomed in at maximum 12x optical magnification, By Pixel Super Resolution Technology can enlarge the image by additional 200%, while still preserving image quality. In addition, Zoom performance can be doubled at any point with a Digital Extender by up to 48x.
The Sony HXR-NX100 is ergonomically designed to provide a lightweight and easy-to-use shooting experience. Three manual, independent lens rings enable smooth, natural adjustment of focusing, zooming, and iris control. It can also be used in full-auto mode or completely manual for maximum creative control. Manual dial and buttons on the side of the body allow swift and easy adjustment of IRIS (aperture), GAIN, and shutter speed. The white balance is simple to adjust by colour temperature in convenient 100K steps.
Built-in neutral density (ND) filters
A built-in Neutral Density (ND) filter wheel includes positions for Clear, 1/4 (2 Stops), 1/16 (4 Stops), and 1/64 (6 Stops). This makes it easier to to get all the advantages of shallow depth of field even in exterior day shoots, with no need to worry about bringing along and fitting a separate filter.
Multiple recording formats
The HXR-NX100 is designed to provide the absolute best performance for Full-HD productions, recording in AVCHD and DV to support proven legacy workflows, as well as the newer, more advanced XAVC S at 50Mbps.
XAVC S offers stunning picture quality, but also workflow flexibility and storage efficiency. In XAVC S, the HXRNX100 uses the MP4 file format, sampling at 50 Mbps, and is already supported by all the major non-linear editors (NLEs). Compared to AVCHD, XAVC S 50Mbps captures more details and less noise thanks to its higher bitrate. 50p, 50i, 25p Full HD, and 50i SD (PAL model) frame rates are available.
Dual media slots
To extend recording time and workflow flexibility, the NX100 is equipped with two memory card slots and is compatible with SDXC and SDHC cards, as well as Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2) and Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo.
RELAY' mode automatically switches recording from the first to the second memory card when the first is full, while SIMUL' mode permits simultaneous recording to two memory cards (for example to create an immediate backup version). The NX100's two Start/Stop buttons on the handle grip and camcorder body can independently start and stop recording on different memory cards while recording in SIMUL' mode.
LCD and EVF
The NX100 has a 0.24-type Electronic viewfinder (EVF) and an easily adjustable, flip out 3.5-type LCD. Both offer 1,550K dots high resolution for precise monitoring and low latency - however you choose to shoot.
The Sony HXR-NX100 takes advantage of Sony's flexible Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe, which provides power, signal connections, and coordinated on/off switching to compatible Sony accessories. For example, you can connect and control Sony wireless microphone systems such as the UWP-D11 or UWP-D12, or attach the HVL-LBPC light (all sold separately - HVL-LBPC is controlled but not powered by the HXR-NX1000).
Multiple connection options
There's no need to worry about adapters, as the Sony NX100 provides a wide variety of built-in connectivity options, including HDMI, Multi/Micro USB, professional audio XLR terminals, REMOTE, and Composite (BNC).
What else is included in the box?
- New Charger
- Lens Hood
- Lens Cap
- Large Eyecup
- Shoe Cap
- USB Cable
- NP-F770 Rechargeable Battery Pack
- AC-L100C AC Adaptor
- Mains Power Cord
- RMT-845 Wireless Remote Commander
- Lithium Battery (CR2025 for the Wireless Remote Commander, pre-installed to the Wireless Remote Commander)
- Operating Guide
- Sony ACC-L1BP AC Adapter/Charger and Battery Kit
- Sony 2NP-F970/B Info-Lithium Battery Twin Pack
- LOWEPRO PROTACTIC BP 300 AW II
- Think Tank Retrospective 7 V2.0
- Sony VCL-HG0872K Wide Conversion Lens
- Sony HVL-LBPC LED Battery Video Light
- Sony RM-1BP LANC Remote Commander
- Sony UWP-D11 Belt-Pack UWP-D Wireless Microphone Package
- Sony UWP-D12 UWP-D Wireless Microphone Package with Handheld Transmitter
- Sony SMAD-P3 Multi Interface Shoe (MI Shoe) Adapter for Cable-Free Connection
- Sony ECM-VG1 Shotgun Electret Condenser Microphone
- Sony ECM-MS2 Compact Electret Condenser Microphone
|Offer Category: Video|
|Offer Product Type: Pro Video Cameras|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: N/A|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): N/A|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): N/A|
|Custom white balance: N/A|
|Digital zoom: N/A|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: N/A|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: N/A|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: N/A|
|Height (mm): N/A|
|Length (mm): N/A|
|Width (mm): N/A|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): N/A|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|JPEG quality levels: N/A|
|Live view: N/A|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: N/A|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: N/A|
|Microphone port: N/A|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: N/A|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: N/A|
|Number of white balance presets: N/A|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: N/A|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: N/A|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: N/A|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): N/A|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: N/A|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: N/A|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.