Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens
Sony FE SERIES 50MM F2.8 Macro Lens
Ideal for everyday photography, this versatile 50mm macro lens features a F2.8 maximum aperture that offers outstanding image quality and bokeh, while its 1:1 macro capability allows the photographer to get sharp close-up shots of their subject. Additionally, its comprehensive range of controls including focus-mode switch, focus-range limiter and the focus-hold button ensures a quality macro shooting experience for a wide range of users.
Great for scenery and portraits as well as macro shots, it offers a 0.16m minimum focusing distance and a wider frame for capturing more background, compared to longer focal-length macro lenses. Weighing just 236g, the lens is extremely lightweight and portable, making it easy to carry around and is dust and moisture resistant for use in different weather conditions.
The new FE 50mm F2.8 Macro lens features ED (extraa-low Dispersion) glass to effectively compensate for axial chromatic aberration at close focus, allowing it to create consistently sharp and high quality images. The circular aperture design produces beautiful bokeh effects and the optical and mechanical construction of the lens has less flare and ghosting even without a lens hood.
Crisp, sharp shots from as close as 20cm
50mm F2.8 Macro (SEL50M28)
When you want to get in close to a subject, this compact 50mm macro lens lets you fill the frame with razor-sharp detail from a minimum 20cm focusing distance.
Say goodbye to blur
Say goodbye to blur
Pair the lens with a camera by Sony with SteadyShotâ„¢ INSIDE and youâ€™ll enjoy smooth, blur-free results when shooting handheld, even zoomed-in.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing or â€˜bokehâ€™.
A perfect macro prime for everyday use
This versatile 50 mm â€œnormalâ€ macro prime lens for full-frame sensors is ideal for everyday photography as well as capturing impressive 1:1 macro images. You can get as close as 16 centimeters from the subject while the normal angle of view makes it possible to include background elements for added creative freedom. Controls and operation are optimized for easy, efficient close-up shooting.
Sony FE 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens Specifications
5mm full frame
5MM equivALeNT FOCAL-LeNGTH (APS-C)
Lens GROUPS / elements
angle OF view (5MM)
angle OF view (APS-C)
Maximum APeRTURe (F)
Minimum APeRTURe (F)
Minimum FOCUS distance
0.6 m (0.5 ft)
Maximum magnification ratio (x)
Filter Diameter (MM)
image stabilization (STeADYSHOT)
70.8 x 7 mm ( 7/8 x 7/8 inches)
6 g (8.4 oz)
what's in The Box
Lens front cap: ALC-F55S
Lens rear cap: ALC-ReM
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 71|
|Length (mm): 71|
|Weight (g): 236|
|Distance scale: Yes|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: Yes|
|Focal length: 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50|
|Maximum magnification: 1|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 50|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.16|
|Minimum aperture (number): 16|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: Extra-low Dispersion glass|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.