- Call us: 01444 237070
- Contact Us
- Sign In / Register
Sony E PZ 18-110mm f/4 G OSS Cine Lens
Sony has developed the advanced E PZ 18-110mm f/4 G OSS cine lens, with built-in Smooth Motion Optics offering videographers and moviemakers a powerful creative tool for Super 35mm & APS-C formats.
Earn 3099 Park Points
Finance available See options
Trade in & Trade up
Looking to trade in your photo equipment? Get a quote now!
Sony E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS Lens Summary
- E PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS (SELP18110G) with 6.1x high zoom ratio
- High resolution suited to professional 4K movie production
- Smooth Motion Optics (SMO) design and construction to minimise unwanted focus and image shifts whilst focusing or zooming
- advanced operability including three separate focus, iris and zoom rings for professional operation
- Optical SteadyShot in-lens image stabilisation
- Compact, lightweight design with dust and moisture resistance
Sony E-mount PZ 18-110mm F4 G OSS Lens Features in Detail
Offering moviemakers a powerful new creative tool, Sony has developed a new advanced Super 35mm / APS-C format power zoom lens that starts at 18mm wide angle and extends to 110mm at the telephoto end (27mm 165mm equiv. in 35mm format), with 6.1x high zoom ratio, even with inner focus, and maintains a constant F4 aperture throughout for beautiful depth of field effects and stable exposure control across the entire standard zoom range.
An ideal companion to Mount System camera s, from the PXW-FS7 professional camcorder to interchangeable-lens camera s such as the a7 series and a6500, this top quality G Lens delivers image quality that will satisfy the most demanding of professional users. It consists of 18 elements in 15 groups, including 6 aspherical elements and 3 ED (extraa-low Dispersion) glass elements and features a 7 blade circular aperture design. This highly intricate design delivers extremely high resolution image quality and is particularly suited to professional 4K movie shooting.
The SELP18110G is only the second lens to benefit from Sony's Smooth Motion Optics (SMO) design and construction which has been developed to eliminate unwanted image shifts whilst operating the lens during movie shooting.
SMO addresses three particular aspects on lens operation that can have a significant impact on movie quality: Focus Breathang, where shifts in angle of view during focusing are minimised by an internal focus mechanism. Focus shift, where small shifts in focus that can occur whilst zooming, are eliminated by precise focus tracking adjustiment and Axial shift, where axial image shifts whilst zooming, are minimised by a constant length design.
The high level of operability and quiet operation of the new lens makes it a compelling proposition for its integration into professional movie production environments. Its three separate rings give control over focus, zoom and aperture, with optimal torque for a satisfyingly responsive, professional feel.
Both servo and responsive manual mechanical zoom are fully supported and the zoom ring direction is switchable to match individual user preferences. The lens length remains constant during any changes making it easy to use with matte boxes and other lens accessories and in a first for lenses, a 0.8mm pitch focus gear is built right onto the lens, providing direct compatibility with standard focusing accessories.
Optimum optical performance and operability is complemented by a dust and moisture-resistant designi, making the lens ideal for location use. extraa versatility is afforded by Optical SteadyShot technology that provides in-lens image stabilisation during handheld shooting and it's compact and lightweight[iv] design means that it is a truly mobile solution.
Additional flexibility is afforded when used with the Sony FE 1.4x TeleConverter (SEL14TC) and Sony FE 2.0x TeleConverter (SEL20TC) for added extension of focal range.
For professional Super 35mm/APS-C production
This powered zoom lens delivers optimum performance in Super 35mm/APS-C moviemaking applications, starting at 18mm wide-angle and extending through an impressive 6.1x zoom range with a constant F4 maximum aperture. G Lens optical performance delivers image quality that is suitable for 4K throughout the zoom range, right out to the image periphery.
Smooth Motion Optics meet pro cinema needs
Sony’s original SMO (Smooth Motion Optics) design and construction minimises optical shifts that can have a negative impact on movie quality. Focus breathing is minimised by an internal focus mechanism, focus shift is eliminated by precise focus tracking adjustment, and axial shift is minimised by a constant-length design.
High-level, versatile zoom control
In addition to smooth powered zoom, mechanical manual zoom ensures control with no lag. The desired angle of view can be accurately reached without overshoot or undershoot. Zoom ring direction can be easily switched as required, smooth, slow powered zoom is supported, and an inner zoom mechanism means that the lens’s length remains constant.
Built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation helps to keep captured images stable and blur-free in a wide range of shooting conditions. It can be a huge advantage when shooting in low light, minimising the need to boost ISO and possibly introduce noise, as well as when moving around with the camera.
Ideal size and weight for active shooting
Compact, lightweight design contributes to the kind of mobility that active movie shooting demands. Small size and low weight can be advantageous when using gimbals and other types of support too.
Refined focus operation and features
The focus ring slides to switch between auto and manual focus, so the switchover can be made with no break or change in shooting posture. A 0.8 mm pitch focus gear is built right into the lens, providing direct compatibility with standard focusing accessories.
Reliable in challenging conditions
A sealed dust and moisture resistant design provides extra protection and ensures reliable operation in challenging environments. Shoot with confidence in light rain or windy conditions.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 78|
|Length (mm): 110|
|Weight (g): 482|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 18 - 105 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: Yes|
|Hood supplied: Yes|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 105|
|Maximum magnification: 0.11|
|Maximum aperture (number): 4|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 18|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.45|
|Minimum aperture (number): 22|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: N/A|
|Power zoom: Yes|
|Special elements / coatings: Two ED glass elements, three aspherical elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
Thinking of choosing finance?
Finance is a great way to spread the cost of your purchase. To make it easy we’ve teamed up with Deko whose technology lets you apply for and complete a loan application quickly, easily and informatively.
Deko is a credit broker, not a lender. Deko’s secure technology helps put you in touch with lenders whose finance options are best suited for you and your purchase.
Simply add the items you love to your basket. Once you are at the checkout select the finance option that suits you and choose Deko. The quick application form is simple and should take no more than a couple of minutes to complete and you will receive a decision instantly. Easy!
Use our finance calculator to check the impact of various loan values, terms and interest rates on the total amount you need to pay and the monthly repayments.
Check your eligibility
You will only be considered for finance if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- You have a gross annual income each year of more than £5,000
- Are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years
- Have a UK bank account capable of accepting Direct Debits
- You are not currently bankrupt, subject to an Individual Voluntary Agreement (IVA), or have any County Court Judgments (CCJs)
- Provide an email address so your documentation can be emailed to you.
Park Cameras Limited is a credit broker, not a lender and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 720279). We do not charge you for credit broking services. We will introduce you exclusively to finance products provided by Omni Captial Ltd.
The Deko platform is provided by Pay4Later Ltd, t/a Deko which acts as a credit broker, not a lender and does not charge you for credit broking services. Pay4Later Limited is registered in England and Wales (company number 06447333) and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 728646). For more information please go to www.dekopay.com/support or visit www.dekopay.com.
Find out more about paying with finance here and Deko terms here
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Added to basketx
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.