Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Zoom Lens
Designed with built-in Optical SteadyShot image stabilisation, the Sony E PZ 16-50mm OSS zoom lens provides a versatile workhorse range for APS-C mirrorless cameras in a lightweight compact form.
- Compact and lightweight lens which you can bring anywhere, particularly nice when travelling
- Optical SteadyShot helps to capture shake free shots
- Versatile 3x zoom range with a 24-75mm equivalent focal length that is fast and accurate
- Easy to use with great results for both images and videos
- High quality results which contradict its compact size and weight at just 116g
Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Zoom Lens Summary
The Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS is an excellent choice for APS-C sensor Sony E-mount cameras with its 24-75mm equivalent focal length. It is extremely compact when retracted, measuring just under 3cm and particularly lightweight at 116g. You’ll get outstanding results thanks to built in optical stabilisation even when shooting in darker situations. The zoom is smooth and offers creative control for capturing photos and videos and has a control switch on the lens barrel itself.
The results which can be achieved with this compact zoom lens are surprisingly good as Sony used aspherical lens elements to minimise distortion while ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements provide superior contrast, resolution, and colour accuracy.
- Slim and lightweight standard zoom lens
Effective focal length of 24-75mm (full frame) on an APS-C Sony interchangeable lens camera
- Fast, quiet autofocus which is very accurate
- Unique design includes Power Zoom lever mounted on the lens
- Optical SteadyShot helps to shoot shake-free shots
- Circular 7-blade diaphragm helps produce attractive background blur
- Minimum focusing distance of just 25cm
- 40.5mm filter diameter
With a retractable design, this mid-range zoom lens collapses down to under 30mm, making it an excellent all round choice and for travel. It also features Sony’s power zoom technology for smooth, silent, effortless zooming which is a great feature when recording video.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses E Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: N/A|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 65|
|Length (mm): 30|
|Weight (g): 116|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 16 - 50 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: Yes|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 50|
|Maximum magnification: N/A|
|Maximum aperture (number): 3.5|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 16|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 0.25|
|Minimum aperture (number): 36|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 7|
|Power zoom: Yes|
|Special elements / coatings: 4 aspherical elements|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Lens Level: N/A|
|Best For: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
The Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS (SELP1650) is a great choice for travel due to being so lightweight with a retractable zoom. It collapses down to just 29.9mm making it one of the most compact zoom lenses in the Sony lens range. The zoom feature is smooth and quiet letting users capture still images and videos without the noise sometimes associated with a zoom lens.
Optical performance is strong with the inclusion of special glass elements which render high sharpness, contrast and accurate colours. If you enjoy shooting close-ups of insects, flowers and other subjects this lens will focus as close as 25cm for further creative opportunities. With optical stabilisation (SteadyShot) users can get more sharp results even if light is low as we often find when shooting street scenes, interiors and portraits. For beginners and enthusiasts looking for a general purpose lens which is lightweight enough to bring as an all-in-one solution, this makes an excellent choice.
Would you like to give any feedback about this page?Complete our feedback form
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
Our used products are subject to wear and tear in comparison to brand new products. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy.
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging and accessories. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order. Lenses are optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements and optically clear. There may be light dust present that will not effect the imagery.
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.
*All of our used items are listed with the accesories that are included. If they are not listed then they will not be supplied at eh epoint of purchase.