Sony a7 II Camera With Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens Kit
Combining the award winning full frame Sony a7 II mirrorless camera body with the all round FE 28-70mm OSS lens provides a versatile landscape, portraits and snaphots kit with advanced features.
Sony a7 II Digital Compact System Camera with E Series 28-70mm Lens
Following on from the game-changing Sony a7, the full-frame a7 II is a credible option to those looking for a more compact alternative to a full frame DSLR, the new model adds a 5-axis image stabilization system covering up, down, yaw left & right, and pitch up & down, this provides equivalent compensation to that of using a 4.5 step slower shutter speed. A highly sophisticated Hybrid AF system, which is 30% faster than that of the A7 offers a wide area of coverage allowing tracking 1.5x better than its predecessor, which you can depend on making this ideal for sports, or wildlife photography.
The 24.3 mega-pixel CMOS sensor is carried over from the a7, as is the Bionz X processor so the ISO range is the same as the a7 (100-25,600, expandable to ISO 50 as required)
From a design & aesthetics perspective the new model offers better, more rugged build quality featuring a bigger grip, a new front dial & relocated shutter release button aimed at optimizing the user experience. The repositioned on/off switch is operable with the index finger helping with the start-up time which Sony claim is 40% quicker than its predecessor.
Videographers have been included int he updates, with support for the XACV S codec allowing a bit-rate of 50Mbps, as well as the option to record in shareable map4 format, as well as AVCHD or XACV S simultaneously.
While of course the a7 II can use any E-mount lens, there will obviously be a crop factor involved (of course if you don't mind vignetting, this won't be an issue). Sony are producing a new line of FE-series lenses specifically for the full-frame models.
In addition to the new features, the a7 II also plays host to a 3-inch, tilting LCD, a XGA OLED electronic viewfinder, a Multi-interface (hot) shoe, Wi-Fi with NFC, and 1080/60p video recording, featuring XAVC S recording, & a new 'flat' picture profile.
- 24 megapixels
- Bionz X processor
- 5-axis image stabilization
- FAST Hybrid AF
- Full frame
- Ideal for movie making with Pro-quality XAVC S format
- Wireless Transfer
- 3" TFT LCD display
- ISO 50-25,600
Click here for the full range of Sony E Mount Lenses
5-axis image stabilisation
Dramatically expand your range of expression by compensating for five types of camera shake while shooting still images and movies. 5-axis image stabilisation lets you zoom, snap close-ups and capture night scenes with greater clarity. Compensation is equivalent to using a 4.5-step faster shutter speed.
Compatibility with wide-ranging interchangeable lenses
Use your favourite lenses without camera shake. Enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favourite lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount a7 II contributes to broad lens compatibility. Automatic optimisation for every α lens
Your α lenses will always perform their best.
The Sony a7 II analyses information from your E-mount and A-mount6 lenses to optimise depiction performance and 5-axis image stabilisation for the particular lens you mount.
High-performance Fast Hybrid AF
Remarkably fast for a full-frame camera AF system
Whenever fleeting photo opportunities arise, you can always depend on state-of-the-art Fast Hybrid AF. It captures your subject and doesn’t let go
Highly sophisticated Fast Hybrid AF delivers extremely high-speed response, highly accurate prediction and wide area coverage for autofocusing and tracking you can always depend on.
Extensive coverage keeps AF right on track
- Fast Hybrid AF smoothly tracks fast-moving subjects nearly anywhere on the screen thanks to a wide-area 117-point focal plane phase-detection AF sensor.
- AF captures your subject without fail
- Autofocusing is 30% faster. Just point, shoot and let Sony’s sophisticated Fast Hybrid AF system instantly capture your fast-moving subject with razor-sharp clarity.
- 5 fps AF/AE shooting with accurate tracking
- Beautifully capture fast-moving subjects with sharp, well-exposed results via 5fps continuous AF/AE shooting, a dramatically improved algorithm and continuous AF Display.
Advantages of the phase-detection AF are assured even with an A-mount lens mounted via LA-EA3 (LA-EA110).
A formula for beauty
Images are gorgeous from corner to corner, courtesy of Sony’s 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS image sensor and BIONZ X™ image processing engine.
The Sony full-frame advantage
Stunning 24.3-megapixel resolution, low noise, an extremely wide dynamic range and subtle gradations.
BIONZ X speed and precision
High-speed processing faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time, as seen by the naked eye. New 14-bit uncompressed RAW format
Now more format options to choose from, for unbeatable quality and range of tonal nuance.
Create movies of breathtaking visual and sound quality with exquisite background blur and the sensitivity to bring dark scenes to vibrant life.
Pro-quality XAVC S format
For extremely high image quality and minimal noise, record movies in the high-bit-rate XAVC S format, which enables Full HD image recording at 50Mbps (60p/50p, 30p/25p, 24p).
Quality meets superb functionality
The a7 II includes advanced features that serious moviemakers demand.
Meticulous camera body craftsmanship
Controls are refined for intuitive operation and immediate adjustment while viewing scenes through the viewfinder. It’s a whole new level of sophistication and control.
Easy wireless image transfer
Connect the camera to a smartphone or tablet with one touch!
Easily backup your photos to the cloud
All your memories in one place
PlayMemories Online is Sony’s cloud-based photo and video service.Backup your amazing photos taken with your camera to the cloud and access them easily from your smartphone or other devices.
E-mount and A-mount Full-frame lenses
Sony broadens your photographic horizons with an expanded lineup of full-frame A-mount and E-mount lenses for Sony mirrorless cameras offering incomparable performance.
|Offer Category: Digital Cameras|
|Offer Product Type: Mirrorless Cameras|
|Model: Sony a7|
|AE Bracketing: N/A|
|Autofocus Modes: N/A|
|Articulated Screen: N/A|
|Aperture priority: Yes|
|Built-in flash: N/A|
|Battery Life (CIPA): 350|
|Camera CIPA image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Continuous drive (fps): 5.0|
|Custom white balance: Yes|
|Digital zoom: Yes|
|Effective pixels (megapixels): 24|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Exposure compensation: N/A|
|External flash: Yes|
|Flash range (metres): N/A|
|Focal length (equiv.): N/A|
|Focal length multiplier: 1.00|
|Flash modes: N/A|
|HDMI Port: N/A|
|Headphone port: Yes|
|Height (mm): 96|
|Length (mm): 60|
|Width (mm): 127|
|Weight (g): N/A|
|Weight (inc. batteries) (g): 599|
|Image ratio w:h: N/A|
|Camera Image stabilization: N/A|
|ISO: 100 - 25600|
|JPEG quality levels: Extra fine, fine, standard|
|Live view: Yes|
|Camera Lens mount: N/A|
|Manual exposure mode: Yes|
|Maximum shutter speed (electronic): N/A|
|Maximum ISO: 25600|
|Maximum ISO (boosted): N/A|
|Max resolution: N/A|
|Maximum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Maximum aperture: N/A|
|Manual focus: Yes|
|Microphone port: Yes|
|Camera Minimum focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum ISO: 100|
|Minimum ISO (boosted): 50|
|Minimum macro focus distance (cm): N/A|
|Minimum shutter speed (seconds): N/A|
|Metering modes: N/A|
|Number of focus points: 117|
|Number of white balance presets: 10|
|Optical zoom multiplier: N/A|
|Orientation sensor: Yes|
|Other resolutions: N/A|
|Processor: BIONZ X|
|Remote control: N/A|
|Screen dots: 1230000|
|Screen size: N/A|
|Screen type: N/A|
|Shutter priority: Yes|
|Sensor photo detectors (megapixels): 25.00|
|Sensor size: N/A|
|Sensor type: N/A|
|Storage types: N/A|
|Subject / scene modes: Yes|
|Timelapse recording: N/A|
|Camera Type: N/A|
|Uncompressed format: N/A|
|Camera USB: N/A|
|USB charging: N/A|
|Viewfinder coverage: N/A|
|Viewfinder magnification: N/A|
|Viewfinder resolution: 2359000|
|Viewfinder type: N/A|
|Video formats: N/A|
|Video Mode Categories: N/A|
|Video Modes: N/A|
|WB Bracketing: Yes|
A worthy successor to the a7, now with better build quality, a 5-axis IS, and redesigned controls. All packed into a sturdy, but compact package
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.