Sony 300mm f2.8 G SSM II Telephoto Prime Lens
The Sony 300mm f2.8 G SSM II is a high performance prime telephoto lens, ideal for sports and action, capable of outstanding image quality, with dust and moisture protection and Super Sonic Wave motor.
- Fast f/2.8 maximum aperture with circular diaphragm produces beautiful background blur
- Superb image quality
- Super Sonic wave Motor for fast, accurate focusing
Sony A-Mount 300mm lens f/2.8 G SSM II
A high-performance super-telephoto lens, ideal for sports and action photography. Capable of outstanding image quality, dust and moisture protection mean you can take it anywhere.
- Fast aperture, super telephoto lens with premium quality optics and construction
- Part of Sony's flagship G series, made using the very best optical components
- Super Sonic wave Motor delivers fast, accurate focusing
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture ensures great shots in low light
- Circular 9-blade diaphragm helps produce attractive background blur
- extraa-low dispersion (ED) lens elements delivers superb optical performance
- Nano AR coatings minimise flare and ghosting
- Minimum focusing distance of 2m
- Focus range limiter and focus hold buttons for faster focusing
- 42mm screw-in filter diameter
- Dust and moisture resistant construction
- Supplied with lens hood, tripod collar and lens case
Superior resolution with great bokeh
A refined G Lens Optical design that includes eD (extra-low Dispersion) glass for optimum suppression of aberration gives this High-performance telephoto lens a perfect blend of High resolution and excellent contrast in in-focus areas with beautifully smooth background bokeh that can make the subject stand out for deep, dimensional visual impact.
Clear images with crisp contrast
In addition to precision Optical design, Sony's nano AR coating technology produces a lens coating with a precisely defined regular nano-structure that effectively suppresses reflections that can cause flare and ghosting. The overall result is superior clarity and crisp contrast that add up to outstanding definition.
Faster tracking and improved response
Sony's SSM autofocus drive system is desirable feature in itself, offering exceptionally smooth, Quiet operation. A new LS drive circuit takes that performance to a new level, achieving significantly faster autofocus subject tracking than previous models, and making the SSM drive system more responsive than ever.
SSM (Super sonic wave Motor) focus drive
The SSM (Super sonic wave Motor) is a piezoelectric drive system that contributes to smooth, silent autofocus operation. its capacity for High torque at low Rotational speeds contributes to fast start and stop response as well as precise positioning. To the photographer that means quick, Quiet, accurate focus.
A refined operating experience
Four focus hold-buttons around the lens barrel provide easy access no matter how the camera is held. Sony's thorough attention to operational ease is also apparent in dual DMF (Direct Manual Focus) modes, a focus range switch, and a function that measures the distance to the subject before focusing.
Dust and moisture resistant
Some of the most exacting images are captured in challenging environments. A dust and moisture resistant design means that the lens will continue to perform reliably in moderately wet or dusty conditions, so you can shoot with confidence wherever those great shots are found.
Carbon Fibre lens hood
The lens hood is an important part of a lens's Optical design, and should always be used when optimum performance is desired. this lens comes supplied with a carbon fibre lens hood that is lightweight and led with velvet fibres that will effectively absorb spurious light.
|Offer Category: Camera Lenses|
|Offer Product Type: Sony Lenses A Mount|
|Aperture ring: N/A|
|Constant Aperture: Yes|
|Lens CIPA Image stabilization rating: N/A|
|Diameter (mm): 122|
|Length (mm): 243|
|Weight (g): 2300|
|Distance scale: N/A|
|DoF scale: N/A|
|Environmental Sealing: N/A|
|Focus distance limiter: N/A|
|Focal length: 300 mm|
|Focus method: N/A|
|Filter Thread: N/A|
|Full time manual: N/A|
|Hood supplied: N/A|
|Lens Image stabilization: N/A|
|Lens mount: N/A|
|Lens Materials: N/A|
|Maximum focal length: 300|
|Maximum magnification: 0.18|
|Maximum aperture (number): 2.8|
|Maximum aperture (text): N/A|
|Max Format size: N/A|
|Minimum focal length: 300|
|Lens Minimum focus distance (m): 2|
|Minimum aperture (number): 32|
|Minimum aperture (text): N/A|
|Motor type: N/A|
|Number of diaphragm blades: 9|
|Power zoom: N/A|
|Special elements / coatings: N/A|
|Tripod collar: N/A|
|Lens type: N/A|
|Zoom lock: N/A|
|Zoom method: N/A|
A great choice for professional photographers who want a high performance super-telephoto lens. Superb optical quality and construction is matched with a fast f/2.8 aperture and weather sealing, ideal for sports and fast action photography.
Writing your review
Sign In / Register
Existing Customer Login
If you are already a member, fill in the details below to login & view your account.
New Customer Signup
Create an account with Park CamerasRegister
- Like New – The equipment is in a condition as if you have just bought it from the manufacturer. The item is still considered to be ‘Like New’ even without the original packaging. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect working order.
- Excellent – The equipment should be close to being ‘Like New’ but there may be some small cosmetic blemishes that lower its grade. The product has been fully tested and is in perfect excellent order.
- Cameras – Should have no marks on the LCD screen
- Lenses – Should have no marks on the elements or dust within the lens
- Very Good – The equipment may have some slight cosmetic wear to the paintwork and cosmetic blemishes with only light signs of use and the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – The LCD screen may have small signs of wear that does not affect its display
- Lenses – The mount of the lens will start to show signs of wear
- Good – The equipment is showing more obvious signs of cosmetic wear and blemishes, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen may have scratches or wear that is starting to affect the display.
- Lenses – May have slight dust inside that does not affect images. The mount shows signs of use.
- Well Used – The equipment will show significant signs of wear. The paintwork will be coming away in large areas exposing the metal work, but the product has been fully tested and is in great working order.
- Cameras – LCD screen is heavily worn either by de-lamination or has scratches to it. Rubber grips are starting to come away from the body.
- Lenses – The lens has dust inside that may affect images. The rubber zoom/focus ring is coming away from the barrel of the lens.